You Can't Fix Stupid

This is a discussion on You Can't Fix Stupid within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Needing a full auto, I'm guessing he is a member of the Lincoln County Mafia or something? You know, for "protection". What part of not ...

Thread: You Can't Fix Stupid

Thumbs down You Can't Fix Stupid

Needing a full auto, I'm guessing he is a member of the Lincoln County Mafia or something? You know, for "protection". What part of not having a FFL to own a full auto Bushmaster did this guy not understand?

Lincoln man pleads guilty on gun charges
    March 30, 2010 @ 12:00 AM

The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON,WV -- A Lincoln County WV man pleaded guilty on Monday before U.S. District Judge Robert C. Chambers to possessing a machine gun.

Charles Harrison Neace, 30, of Ranger, W.Va., said he possessed a Bushmaster, .223 caliber, fully automatic rifle in May 2008. Neace also said he converted the rifle so that it was capable of firing more than one shot without manual reloading by a single function of the trigger.

Neace is scheduled to be sentenced on July 6. He faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the West Virginia State Police conducted the investigation

Lincoln man pleads guilty on gun charges - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

AzB
    Good grief that's stupid. You can legally own a machine gun easily enough. Why on earth would this guy take that chance with those kinds of consequences?

I guess stupid does hurt sometimes.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

ouch!!!!

Oh wow. He has a machine gun. This must be big news.

Sort of reminds me of growing up in Michigan and reading ridiculous stories in the news that were all "Weapons Cache Found!" and they'd go on to say that "thousands" of round of ammo were found and "dozens of guns" were 'uncovered'. We often wondered what exactly defined a 'cache' of weapons, since we never bought ammo in lots of less than 10,000. Jeeez.

So the guy converted something to full auto...geeez...when I grew up that was sort of protocol. Yup. It's illegal. So was everything else we did in those days. Legal, schmegal. Give me a break. Folks looking for Big News and a big bust. It sure would be nice if these guys would go out and look for an actual problem. But no. That would be too much risk.

I'd like to know when the last time a 'machine gun' was the cause of an actual problem above and beyond that caused by an idiot with a revolver or a pump shotgun. Let's go, I'm waiting.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Good grief that's stupid. You can legally own a machine gun easily enough. Why on earth would this guy take that chance with those kinds of consequences?

I guess stupid does hurt sometimes.
    Why do perfectly normal, non-crinimal individuals carry firearms without getting the 'easily acquired' permit?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Legal FA weapons cost several thousand dollars,I personally think they expend copious amounts of ammunition,and yes I have access to legal FA weapons if I wanta shoot them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links