Bad:KY Woman Raped After Opening Door

Bad:KY Woman Raped After Opening Door

This is a discussion on Bad:KY Woman Raped After Opening Door within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ladies, this is why you never open the door. Our society these days is getting scary. We are seeing the increase of violent crimes all ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Bad:KY Woman Raped After Opening Door

Ladies, this is why you never open the door. Our society these days is getting scary. We are seeing the increase of violent crimes all over, in places where it just didn't used to be, or was rare.

Lesson #1 : Do not open the door. There is no reason to do so at all.

Kentucky woman reports being raped
    March 31, 2010 @ 12:00 AM

The Herald-Dispatch

ASHLAND, KY -- A Westwood area woman reported she was raped Monday night by a man who forced his way into her home, according to a report by the Boyd County Sheriff's Department.

The 26-year-old woman reports she heard someone outside her home about 10:45 p.m. and when she opened the door, a man forced his way inside, knocking her to the floor. She told authorities the man punched her in the face several times while taking off her pants and raping her, according to the report.

The suspect was identified as a white male, 6 foot 1, with a thin build with light blue eyes and in his mid-20s, according to the report.

The victim was taken to King's Daughters Medical Center in Ashland and was released, according to the report.
    Kentucky woman reports being raped - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

It's a darned shame that she did not have a shotgun. Then they could have added to the BG's description that he had a large section of his lower abdomen blown away after the encounter.

She should not have opened the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    It's a darned shame that she did not have a shotgun. Then they could have added to the BG's description that he had a large section of his lower abdomen blown away after the encounter.

She should not have opened the door.
    Don't you mean a 'small section' below his abdomen?

Dirtbags like this deserve only one thing, an instant dirtnap.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Ladies, this is why you never open the door. Our society these days is getting scary. We are seeing the increase of violent crimes all over, in places where it just didn't used to be, or was rare.

Lesson #1 : Do not open the door. There is no reason to do so at all.

Kentucky woman reports being raped - The Herald Dispatch
    Just a friendly reminder about opening the door. With the 2010 Census running, you very well may be getting someone knocking on your door for it. You can't be completely paranoid that everyone that knocks is trying to do something.

EDIT. I'm a supervisor for one of the Census operations. I've tried to teach them all to knock/ring then step back off the porch to wait about 10ft from the door. If you shot one of my crew I would be very, very pissed.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    Just a friendly reminder about opening the door. With the 2010 Census running, you very well may be getting someone knocking on your door for it. You can't be completely paranoid that everyone that knocks is trying to do something.
    If you send in the form this shouldn't happen though, right?

And I have also heard on the news about scammers pretending to be census workers to either get personal info over the phone, or get access to your house. They should never ask any questions about personal information, just age/birthday/sex/ethnicity stuff, general info.

KralBlbec, who should we call if we encounter one of these scams?
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    It's a darned shame that she did not have a shotgun...She should not have opened the door.
    Her most basic error even before having no sidearm was that she opened her door, and thus let down her hard defenses.

Why people think to do this...Especially women...Is not understandable to me.
    What exactly do they hope or expect to see?
    If the thought is ehh it might be a dog or wild animal, then what do they think they are going to do exactly by opening the door to look around?
    If they think it might be a human intruder poking around, then again what is exposing yourself to real danger going to do to make things better?!

Stay inside your home and keep the doors as well as windows locked.
    Dial 9111, turn on ALL your house lights as well as exterior lights and from within your home arm yourself.
    Have no gun, no problem...Everybody has at least one of these at home.

Use your noodle folks...And do not go out seeking danger only to find it and be all OMG danger just jumped my bones!
    Duh.

Sad for this lady to learn this lesson a very hard and ugly way.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

KralBlbec;1561022]Just a friendly reminder about opening the door. With the 2010 Census running, you very well may be getting someone knocking on your door for it. You can't be completely paranoid that everyone that knocks is trying to do something.

EDIT. I'm a supervisor for one of the Census operations. I've tried to teach them all to knock/ring then step back off the porch to wait about 10ft from the door. If you shot one of my crew I would be very, very pissed.
    Well, Karl, as a friendly reminder, don't send your "crew" about the neighborhood at 10:45 pm. This is what time the rapist was out and about. Let's hope you and the Census have the good sense not to come knocking or lurking about at that hour. Not advocating it, but they stand a good chance of getting shot.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Just leave the paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post

I know you (and others like you) are just doing a job. That doesn't mean anything to me compared to LOML's understanding to never open the door to a stranger. Never! Since there is no reason a census worker should be at my door I'll assume it is a bogus census worker.

I'll make sure my woman reads this thread...

Where was Broadview Security, wasn't the alarm supposed to go off, the phone ring, and the bad guy run away ? ? ?

There are too many out there that just don't get it. They also seem among those that keep saying "Oh, Obama wouldn't do that".

Bad habit. Only recently have I been looking out my big front window and through my glass door, sometimes with gun in hand, before opening my front door. I must remember this one and pick up my living-room gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    If you send in the form this shouldn't happen though, right?

And I have also heard on the news about scammers pretending to be census workers to either get personal info over the phone, or get access to your house. They should never ask any questions about personal information, just age/birthday/sex/ethnicity stuff, general info.

KralBlbec, who should we call if we encounter one of these scams?
    Most people will get it in the mail, but they aren't sending them to PO boxes. Also, there are certain geographical areas that are, ahem, determined to be statistically unlikely to respond via mail. Take from that what you will. People in those ares won't be receiving them, and we go out looking in person. Depending on the neighborhood, you may or may not have someone at the door.

There actually ARE official census operations going around asking for social security #s. I know nothing about them other than that they exist, and that most people won't see them. If you suspect its a fake census worker, go ahead and just call the cops. They should already be aware that the operation is going on and *should* be able to tell if the worker is legit or not.

If you do happen to live in an area being done manually, or if you don't send the mail one in, then you will get a door knocker. People can refuse as long as they want, but eventually they will get the police involved to force someone to answer. There is a hefty fine involved if that happens. You can't just ignore a census worker like you can a vacuum salesman.

This is why my wife does not answer or open the door if she is not expecting anyone, and even then she verifies who it is first.

Heck, that's even what I do. Had a knock a couple nights ago around 10:30pm , went up to door handgun in hand and saw a 20-something male through the peep hole. Yelled through the door who is it, and he said he was looking for someone that didn't live here, most likely wrong address but I don't need to open the door to figure that out.

KralBlbec .....can census workers CC??? I know i would.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

He should've got a one way ticket to Hades
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links