10 People Shot, 4 Dead in Southeast DC

This is a discussion on 10 People Shot, 4 Dead in Southeast DC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 10 People Shot, 4 Dead in Southeast DC | ABC 7 News WASHINGTON - Authorities now say a fourth person has died and six others ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 People Shot, 4 Dead in Southeast DC

10 People Shot, 4 Dead in Southeast DC | ABC 7 News

WASHINGTON - Authorities now say a fourth person has died and six others wounded after a drive-by shooting in the 4000 block of South Capitol Street in Southeast.
    The deadly scene unfolded around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night when a car drove by and bullets were sprayed into a crowd standing outside an apartment building, striking ten people. Authorities say they were a group of friends.

Six males and three females were shot. Fire Department spokesman Pete Piringer says four of the shooting victims had serious injuries, but don't appear to be life-threatening. Fire officials say all of the victims are in their 20s and 30s except one person who is a teen.

Police say an MPD cruiser crashed in the 5600 block of Saint Barnabas Road during a pursuit that followed the shooting. Officials say four officers suffered minor injuries and were transported to a hospital.

Police Chief Cathy Lanier (web | news | bio) said three people are in custody but police say they are not being called suspects. Police also said a weapon had been recovered.

Ron Moten, of the Washington, D.C.-based group Peaceaholics, said, "I believe it was an AK 47 and just let loose. I mean this is unacceptable."

A man, who identified themselves as the uncle of one of the people shot, was in complete shock.

"Young kids today they just throw their life away like it ain't nothing," a neighbor said.

Police are looking into a possible motive and whether it could be a case of retaliation. Sources say one of suspects in custody is also wanted in connection with the murder of 20-year-old Jordan Howe, who was laid to rest Tuesday. At least some of the nine people reportedly had attended his funeral.

Sources also tell ABC 7 police attempted to get an arrest warrant for one of the men they're questioning, who, sources say, is wanted in Howe's death. But prosecutors wouldn't sign for it.

Chief Cathy Lanier wouldn't comment on that theory.

"We've made a lot of progress to stop retaliation and gang violence and in the end if this comes out to be some sort of gang retaliation...shame on all of us," Lanier said.

South Capitol Street is closed.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post

Chief Cathy Lanier wouldn't comment on that theory.

"We've made a lot of progress to stop retaliation and gang violence and in the end if this comes out to be some sort of gang retaliation...shame on all of us," Lanier said.
    Cathy Lanier doesn't have a grip on reality. She seems to have honestly believed that because she announced that DC is a clean, safe place to live, that it actually became that.

And with the gentrification of the city on the west side of the Anacostia, the thugs in SE DC have a larger herd of sheep from which to plunder. And they do.

Kathy Lanier is part of the problem because of her opposition to allowing good citizens the means to protect themselves. She is typical of a smug, arrogant elitist.

I agree with Bandolero! A person should have the right to defend themselves, anywhere in the Nation. If you are of legal age, have your wits about you, no criminal record, or mental deficiency you chould be able to cc anywhere in the Country. I doubt that this will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    Cathy Lanier doesn't have a grip on reality. She seems to have honestly believed that because she announced that DC is a clean, safe place to live, that it actually became that.

And with the gentrification of the city on the west side of the Anacostia, the thugs in SE DC have a larger herd of sheep from which to plunder. And they do.

Kathy Lanier is part of the problem because of her opposition to allowing good citizens the means to protect themselves. She is typical of a smug, arrogant elitist.
    Agreed...she's about as bad...if not worse than Ramsey was...
    I hereby deem this city safe therefor it will be, contrary to reality.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Gee, gun ban really works, hunh?
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

The story HAS to be a fake. Guns are not allowed in D.C.

Emrah

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emrah View Post
    The story HAS to be a fake. Guns are not allowed in D.C.

Emrah
    I came to the same conclusion.........how about some more laws??? That'll work.......
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Those Peaceaholics really know there stuff as they already have the gun identified before it was recovered.

The latest:

• An AK was found at the scene.
    • They are saying it was all over a continuning beef over some costume jewelry believed to have been stolen.

My mother grew up in Anacostia which is in SE DC but back then things where a lot different. I grew up not very far from where the cruiser crashed. Yes, I am from PG County, MD. I've always been amazed at how DC always had some of the toughest gun laws but year after year 100's are killed by guns in DC.

I wish I could say the news of this shooting surprises me but it does not as I expect to hear this kind of news coming out of SE DC.

What's the big surprise? The people of D.C. elected a crack head as their mayor. You guys remember Mayor Barely....... I mean Berry.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    What's the big surprise? The people of D.C. elected a crack head as their mayor. You guys remember Mayor Barely....... I mean Berry.

I remember it well. I could not believe he was able to get re-elected after being caught smoking crack on film with a prostitute.

4 dead, did I miss something?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    I remember it well. I could not believe he was able to get re-elected after being caught smoking crack on film with a prostitute.
    Well, that's getting pretty near normal for the politicians these days.

DC is a bad town. there are areas in DC that are like free fire zones. things haven't change since I've left that town.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links