Scottsdale Dad kills 2 kids....sad

This is a discussion on Scottsdale Dad kills 2 kids....sad within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; by Jennifer Thomas Posted on March 31, 2010 at 8:59 AM Updated today at 11:26 AM ****** Related: •First report: Shooting reported at Scottsdale home ...

Thread: Scottsdale Dad kills 2 kids....sad

Scottsdale Dad kills 2 kids....sad

by Jennifer Thomas

Posted on March 31, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Updated today at 11:26 AM

Related:
    •First report: Shooting reported at Scottsdale home
    Gallery
    .See all 5 photos »
    Map: Scottsdale shooting
    Map data ©2010 Google - Terms of Use33.6392157 -111.9254094 View larger map

SCOTTSDALE -- A father reportedly shot his two children and then himself at a Scottsdale home Wednesday morning.

According to Scottsdale police Officer David Pubins, at approximately 8 a.m. a man called 911 and said he had shot his child.

When police officers arrived at the home near Lincoln Drive and Scottsdale Road, they forced entry and found two small children dead from apparent gunshot wounds.

Pubins said the 39-year-old father also shot himself. He was transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries and is expected to survive.

No one else was home at the time of the shootings. The mother came back to the scene and is being helped by a crisis management team.

There is no information on the ages of the children.

Police do not know the motive for the shootings.

Detectives are expected to be on scene throughout the day as the investigation continues.

Stay with azfamily.com for more information as details become available.

2. Remove Ads

Why couldn't this dirtbag dad have just shot himself, why innocent kids?
    I hope that this guy survives to live the rest of his life in a prison full of big, mean, ugly guys who will hate him...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

***? Must have been drugs or something.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

I hope that this guy survives to live the rest of his life in a prison full of big, mean, ugly guys who will hate him...

Put the scumbag on a dormitory with Bubba and Leroy from the Outlaws motorcycle gang. They will take care of the baby killer.

Father had non life threatening Injuries,he musta just winged himself to enter an Insanity defense
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

One major scum that should have just swallowed a bullet.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

w-t-h.

Would have been nice if momma bear showed up and gave poppa bear one for the road. But bending over in jail for the rest of his life shall suffice. Then again, nothing can make up for what this guy did...
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Pubins said the 39-year-old father also shot himself. He was transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries and is expected to survive.
    By the time he lawyer's up, he will be blaming the same drug crazed hippies that Jeffrey McDonald blames.

VIP Member
    Him and the Mrs. may have been going through a D-i-v-o-r-c-e, and he wasn't having any of it ???

Sure does S-u-c-k
    No excuse
    Even if she was cheating on him
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

This is a real shame!

I don't think he'll last very long in jail, people who mistreat children have a very rough time in prision.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    So, he kills his kids and then chickens out on himself. Hand a gun to the wife and give her 30 mintues and total immunity. Why do stupid people do this stuff.... the kids never hurt anyone.... if they want to go, go ... but don't take other people or kids along with them.

there are no words for this....... or this guy.

more of the story.... the kids were only 5 yo and 15 months

by Jennifer Thomas

Posted on March 31, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Updated yesterday at 9:34 PM

Related:
    •Man dealing with divorce and custody of kids kills his children
    •First report: Shooting reported at Scottsdale home
    Gallery
    .See all 6 photos »
    Map: Scottsdale shooting
    Map data ©2010 Google - Terms of Use33.6392157 -111.9254094 View larger map

SCOTTSDALE -- A father reportedly shot his two children and then himself at a Scottsdale home Wednesday morning.

According to Scottsdale police Officer David Pubins, at approximately 8 a.m. 39-year-old Andre Leteve called 911 and said he had shot his child.

When police officers arrived at the home near Lincoln Drive and Scottsdale Road, they forced entry and found two small boys dead from apparent gunshot wounds. The kids ages are reportedly 5 years old and 15 months old.

Pubins said the father also shot himself. He was transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries and is expected to survive.

3TV has learned Leteve was going through a divorce. Both he and his wife had completed parent education classes and were scheduled to appear in court on April 19.

The mother of the children reportedly had plans to take the kids out of state for a vacation and Leteve was attempting to stop those plans.

Having been through a DIVORCE with children I can understand his frustration.
    But not his anger of taking it out on his kids.
    I know it's hell on earth when your world crashes down, but why punish the children?

If he had wanted to hurt the wife, then take off and start a new life, leaving her with the bills or something. But Murder is never going to fix it. His kids trusted him!

I made DAMN sure my kids knew I loved them even though we wern't a Family anymore. They never needed for anything. I protected my kids the best I could from the pain brought on by the divorce. They were my priority for 11 years while they grew up.
    That was my job. To Protect them.

****, I can't say anymore! I'm too pissed at this COWARD MFer.

What a coward. he should have at least the decency to shoot himself properly. I feel awful for the kids.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

I never heard of anyone needing 2 bullets to commit suicide, but his wife should have left him a full box to keep trying until he got it right.

Links