Don't Make Mama Angry

This is a discussion on Don't Make Mama Angry within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Honolulu, Hawaii March 31, 2010 Wahiawa Woman Wounds 2 Robbery Suspects Two suspected robbers were seriously wounded Tuesday by a woman police said may have ...

Thread: Don't Make Mama Angry

Don't Make Mama Angry

Honolulu, Hawaii

March 31, 2010

Wahiawa Woman Wounds 2 Robbery Suspects

Two suspected robbers were seriously wounded Tuesday by a woman police said may have been defending herself and her wounded boyfriend.
    The shooting happened on Kilea Place in Wahiawa Heights at about 10:20 Tuesday night.

Police said two men armed with guns and zip-ties approached the home, which was rented by the couple and their two young children.
    One of the suspects’ guns went off during a struggle with the male resident. The resident was slightly wounded. Police say the woman brought out a handgun and fired after she said one of the suspects pointed his gun at her. Police say there was an exchange of gunfire.
    Neighbor Lita Romualdo said at first she thought the noise was fireworks, but then heard multiple shots in rapid succession. “So I ran to the bedroom and said, ‘Hey that is gun!’ And my husband says, ‘Nah, it is firework.’ And I said you better get out over there.” She said she feared bullets would come through her house, which was just yards from the shootout.

Police say robbery suspects Shane Reginald Flores, 38, and Floyd Orsborn, 23, were both hit more than once. Orsborn was listed in critical condition Wednesday night.

They were arrested after police pulled over the alleged getaway car on Kamehameha Highway. Also arrested was the alleged getaway driver, Robert Logsdon III, 31.

The three suspect are being investigated for possible charges of first-degree attempted murder. The woman who shot two of them has not been arrested.

Prosecutor Peter Carlisle says Hawaii law allows a person to use deadly force to defend themselves or others, if they fear they are in serious danger.

“You cannot use a gun to defend property. It has to be in response to deadly force,” Carlisle said. He was not commenting directly on the Wahiawa case.

This was the second time the couple faced robbers in their home. Last year, police reported two victims were tied up and robbed in the house by four armed suspects. Neighbors said after that incident the couple reassured them that it was a purely random incident, and nothing like that would ever happen again.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

This time the family was better prepared...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

I thought handguns were outlawed on Hawaii,either way that chick can shoot,too bad she didn't have better shot placement
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Neighbor lady says to her husband.... "Hey, that's gunfire, you better get over there!" Hmmm.... Marriage not going so well?

Good job for the woman who took care of business!

But I wonder if they are involved in drug business? Twice in a little over a year. 1st time they were tied up and robbed by 4 people... this time 2 robbers and get away driver come with zip ties?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Hawaii is pretty stingy with allowing guns. They can be in the home, but that's about it.
    This lady took care of 'bidness'. Much better prepared.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Hawaii is VERY strict on its gun laws. I was a at this forum,2aHawaii - Hawaii's Firearm Community looking at what the people in that state have to go through to purchase a handgun is ridiculous! As far a CCW permit forget it! if I remember correctly something like one permit has been issued in the last ten years. More info in this thread. The number of concealed carry permits issued by HPD

TB
    "Guns donít injure or kill people, I have never seen a court case where a gun was sent to prison instead of the person who used it."
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    But I wonder if they are involved in drug business? Twice in a little over a year. 1st time they were tied up and robbed by 4 people... this time 2 robbers and get away driver come with zip ties?
    That was my first thought too.

Links