16 Shot, 2 Killed in Chicago Last Night

This is a discussion on 16 Shot, 2 Killed in Chicago Last Night within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Video here... CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 Shot, 2 Killed in Chicago Last Night

16 Shot, 2 Killed in Chicago Last Night

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

More

How can this be Chicago is A Gun Free Zone??

http://kdka.com/national/chicago.sho...2.1608063.html

Apr 2, 2010 1:11 pm US/Eastern 5 Dead, 25 Hurt In Chicago Shootings In 36 Hours

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/guns_i...amesource.html

CHICAGO (CBS) ― Record-setting warmth has brought a festive, summerlike mood to Chicago over the past couple of days, but it has also led to a rash of gun violence that has left at least five people dead and at least 25 injured in 36 hours.

Fifteen of the victims were shot in just two hours, many of them within a few blocks on Englewood.

Early Friday morning, as the temperature dipped only to the 60s, one person was killed and six were wounded in three shootings within a few blocks in the Englewood neighborhood.

First, a man was shot in the shoulder at about 11:15 p.m., and later died, police News Affairs Officer Amina Greer said. Brian Moore, 30 was pronounced dead at 1:38 a.m.

A few blocks away a short time later, police responded to reports of multiple gunshot victims at 12:49 a.m. It turned out that four men in their 20s had been shot, and they were taken to various local hospitals in serious to critical condition, Fire Media Affairs Director Larry Langford said.

One of the victims was shot multiple times all over his body, and the other three were wounded in the lower extremities, Langford said.

But as police responded to that first shooting, another shooting happened only a couple of blocks away.

In that incident, a woman in her early 20s suffered a graze wound from her help and was treated on the scene, and a man was shot in his buttocks or lower back and hospitalized in stable condition, Langford said.

Initially, it was thought shots were being fired at police. Police did not return fire, but it was later learned that the shots were just an exchange of gunfire between the offenders and not at police, police News Affairs Officer Amina Greer said.

Police are investigating. They appeared to be interviewing one person and processing a car that had been riddled with bullets, Langford said.

Another shooting claimed multiple victims at an area sports bar. Four adults who were "unintended targets" were wounded, police said.

Just after 1 a.m., four people were shot outside near the bar, according to police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak.

A 40-year-old man suffered gunshot wounds to his arm and leg; a 31-year-old woman was shot in the foot; a 30-year-old man was shot in the right hand; and a 28-year-old was shot in the right thigh, Kubiak said.

Meanwhile, just three blocks from Chicago Police Headquarters, a man was shot and later died.

Jermaine Streeter, 27, was shot at 12:15 a.m.

Millennium Park was also reportedly the site of one of the shootings.

A 20-year-old Franklin Park woman who suffered a gunshot wound to the arm told police she was shot early Friday in the iconic downtown park. But police were not notified until about 2:15 a.m. when the woman was being treated at a hospital.

The woman told police she was sitting in the park about 12:30 a.m. when two males she did not know approached her and a male friend she was with, according to a police report.

The report says that one of the suspects pointed a gun at her friend's head first, and when she got up to "protest" the suspect fired several shots at the her - striking her once in the upper right arm.

Police said she was taken to Gottlieb by the friend and treated for a "through and through" gunshot wound to the arm, police said.

The overnight shootings followed a bloody period across the city that goes back to Wednesday evening. Among the other victims was a 16-year-old high school student on spring break.

Jeremy Lindsey, 16, was shot and killed in the South Austin neighborhood, police said. He was pronounced dead at 1:30 a.m. Thursday.

The man who is believed to have shot Lindsey, Reshard Lyles, 28, was later shot and killed by police after he allegedly pointed a gun at officers. He was pronounced dead at 2:50 a.m. Thursday.

Lindsey was a 10th grader at the Academy of Communications and Technology Charter School, CPS spokeswoman Monique Bond said.

Also since Wednesday evening:

- At 9:24 p.m. Wednesday, 27-year-old Lacharles Johnson was shot in the face in the South Austin neighborhood. He was pronounced dead at at 10:15 p.m., according to the medical examiner's office. Police said two male suspects approached on foot and shot him multiple times.

- At 9:49 p.m. Wednesday, a 29-year-old man was shot in the arm in a fight and taken to a hospital, where he was reported in stable condition, police said.

- At 10:44 p.m. Wednesday, a 23-year-old man was in the leg.

- At 11:40 p.m. Wednesday, a 23-year-old man was shot in the abdomen in a gang-related drive-by, police said. He was treated and released.

-At 12:03 a.m. Thursday, police said a 26-year-old man was shot in Logan Square – less than a block from the Congress Theater. Somebody inside a passing vehicle shot the man, who was in good condition, police said.

-At 12:12 a.m. Thursday, two men were shot during an argument, police said. The men were walking down the street when they got into an argument with people in a passing vehicle, one of whom opened fire. The men, 38 and 24, were hospitalized in stable condition.

-At 12:15 a.m. Thursday, a 27-year-old man was shot in the jaw and groin during a fight, police said. He was in stable condition.

-At 1:47 a.m. Thursday, a 22-year-old man was shot in the leg in what is believed to be a gang-related incident, police said. He was in good condition.

-At 2:55 a.m. Thursday, a 28-year-old man was seriously injured when he was shot in the back, police said.

-At 3:17 p.m. Thursday, a 32-year-old man was critically injured after being shot, fire officials said. Police said the man was shot by a man who fled in a car.

-About 4 p.m. Thursday, a 17-year-old boy was found shot in the head, according to fire officials. The boy was in critical condition.

-At 10:54 p.m. Thursday, a 28-year-old man was hospitalized after being shot in the leg. He suffered a gunshot wound to the lower left leg, police said.

-At 11:50 p.m. Thursday, a 21-year-old man was shot and wounded while standing in a parking lot. He was standing with a group of other males in a parking lot, when a man and woman approached, and someone in the group said something offensive about the woman, police said. The woman's male companion then fired two shots at the group - striking the victim once in the left buttock, police said.

-About 1:20 a.m. Friday, a 20-year-old man, a passenger in a vehicle, was shot by a man who began shooting at his vehicle, police said. The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen and was in serious condition.
    BTY -- If you haven's checked it out drill down on the link: http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/guns_i...amesource.html

Talk about loaded propaganda/statistics, such as lumping all gun deaths, lumping suicide & "legal interventions", etc.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

All of this shooting in a city with tough gun laws.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Yup, those gun laws really work to keep firearms out of criminals' hands!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

I sure am glad all of those tough gun laws are keeping the sheeple safe. I would hate to think what would happen if the law abiding citizens had guns too.
    I reject your reality, and insert my own.

It has to be all those Pro 2A crazies, don't you think?

Criminals would never engage in shooting without first checking to see if there are any laws against it.

Right?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Those militiamen strike again!

Yep, The weather is starting to get nice. It happens every year. Oh and by the way only the criminals are allowed to have hand guns!!! At least until June when McDonald wins his case.
    U.S. Navy Veteran-NRA Member
    Taurus PT 845, PT 99 AF
    Ruger SR9
    1938 Mauser K98 8mm, 1917 DWM German Luger
    1952 M1 Garand
    Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

16 shot, 2 killed...well, it's a start.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Gun Free Zones oh pardon me, tough gun law zones, same difference in my book
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

We need to get the politicians to respond to some of these calls, mayby they would get the hint.

What is sad is that Daley and other idiots, will say how much worse it could of been without their anti-second amendment laws.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

It's interesting that there's a lot of shootings before 3:00 a.m. & a lot after 3:00 p.m. on the time line list, but none in between. Guess even the wolves gotta sleep some time, this gives the sheeple a chance to poke their heads out to graze.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    It has to be all those Pro 2A crazies, don't you think?

Criminals would never engage in shooting without first checking to see if there are any laws against it.

Right?
    Probably a bunch of hate-fulled Tea-Party types...
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    We need to get the politicians to respond to some of these calls, mayby they would get the hint.
    Their body guards are in the outside offices while they hide under their desks...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links