Murder a mile from me

Murder a mile from me

This is a discussion on Murder a mile from me within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; At 5 AM this morning two men murdered the clerk at the gas station/convenience store located about a mile from where I live. The clerk ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murder a mile from me

VIP Member

Murder a mile from me

At 5 AM this morning two men murdered the clerk at the gas station/convenience store located about a mile from where I live. The clerk was possibly stabbed and shot. The story isn't quite clear yet.

Incident does not surprise me. I have a sense of my neighborhood is rapidly going downhill. But, I think most everyone living nearby will feel a sense of utter surprise and disbelief because on the surface this is a great place. My mom used to live only a few hundred feet away from the crime scene.

Perps were last seen escaping in the direction toward where I live. I'll bet they were locals who literally walked on over to the scene, but we won't know till they are identified and caught.

My dog must have been vaguely aware of the goings on because she came to get me out of bed at about that time. No barking, just jumping and bumping me with her head to wake me and get my attention. I thought she did that because my cell phone received a couple of text messages unrelated to that incident, but maybe dawg was just sensitive and alert.

Extra meat tonight.

EEK... I was going to ask where you live but then I just went to KBTX.

Edit - holy smokes, that's the one right across from A&M Consolidated! Those are some nice neighborhoods south of there, or at least they used to be.

Although I do not live in the B/CS area anymore, I still own a house in the south side of CS, so I am concerned about this incident. It is alarming to me how fast these "good" neighborhoods are sliding down-hill.
    Molon Labe

VIP Member

re: HottoAg

Quote Originally Posted by HuttoAg96 View Post
    EEK... I was going to ask where you live but then I just went to KBTX.

Edit - holy smokes, that's the one right across from A&M Consolidated! Those are some nice neighborhoods south of there, or at least they used to be.
    Yup, holy smokes. That is right across from the HS.

Yes, this is a nice neighborhood but very mixed economically. You have the mansions in Southwood Forrest, you have some really upscale homes, and you have some aging apartment complexes which in recent years seem to be moving from student housing to HUD housing. You also have rental homes which in recent years seem to be moving away from student housing to lower income housing.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I understand, and somewhat know the feeling. I've lived in the Detroit Metro Area all of my life. I remember the "good neighborhoods", the ones here on the Eastside and those in Oakland County as well.
    The keyword is "remember".
    Now it's more of wondering if those who live in the so-called good neighborhoods realize there is no such thing anymore.
    Upscale seems to equal attraction for criminals these days.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I live about 45 miles from B/CS and we have seen crime rise in our area.

I enjoy B/CS and the gun stores there.

Hope they solve the case and stop this shooter.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Stay armed and be safe.

Dirtbags are everywhere, and the economy and drugs have made everything much worse and much more dangerous.
    Anyone not prepared and very alert is asking for unrequested problems.

Stay armed...stay very alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Dirtbags are everywhere, and the economy and drugs have made everything much worse and much more dangerous.
    Anyone not prepared and very alert is asking for unrequested problems.

Stay armed...stay very alert...stay safe!
    So true Retsup99.

Neighborhoods in my town I once thought of as safe are appearing not to be so much that way these days. We had an armed robbery of a small carry out store just within eyesight of the church I attend, and just two blocks away from where my parents live.

Could go on, but just reading our newspaper and the stuff online confirms my belief.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    CAUGHT-- 3 arrested, 2 charged with murder. One "alleged" perp. was no young kid; 32. The other was 18.

Although initial reports said they were seen fleeing south, implying on foot, they drove to the store, the car was picked up by surveillance cameras, the police found the car with the three inside about 12 hours after the killing.

Dumb as dirt, they didn't even think to leave town, or get a different set of wheels.

Bet the 32 year old has a long record. That info hasn't come out yet, but no 32 year old starts a new life of crime knocking off a convenience store and killing the clerk. So, I'm thinking he probably has been in and out and served time before. Didn't learn anything!!!! Do they ever?

Details on where these two lived haven't appeared yet. Just the sketchy info that one was from Bryan and one from College Station.

They're off the street for the moment. Hope the Justice System does its' thing and they are all tried and convicted for felony murder and sent to Death Row.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

VIP Member
    SCORE CARD UPDATE

Police: 4 in custody
    BGs:2 charged with murder

2 others charged with a previously unreported home invasion/armed robbery, one of these charged with failure to register as a sex offender.

I've got a feeling there's more BGs going to be rounded up in the next few days.

Good riddance.

We all know crime is up. But am I getting the feeling that store robberies which turn into murders is also on the rise?

No longer are they just robbing the place, but it seems killing the clerks after getting the money is happening more than usual these days.

Or is it just my imagination because we are posting more of these in the forum?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    We all know crime is up. But am I getting the feeling that store robberies which turn into murders is also on the rise?

No longer are they just robbing the place, but it seems killing the clerks after getting the money is happening more than usual these days.

Or is it just my imagination because we are posting more of these in the forum?
    ^^^^I'm thinking like this^^^

I'm glad my son no longer works in a grocery store. People are getting so brazen.

Why is it illegal to park in a handicapped parking space but its ok to use a handicapped toilet?
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Glad the BGs are cough and may they never get out alive.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links