Right Wing Group Sends Letters Threatening To Remove Governors - Page 2

Right Wing Group Sends Letters Threatening To Remove Governors

This is a discussion on Right Wing Group Sends Letters Threatening To Remove Governors within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This smells like crap to me. Anti-government folk going after State leaders (some of whom are Republican) instead of Federal reps? This sounds like the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    This smells like crap to me. Anti-government folk going after State leaders (some of whom are Republican) instead of Federal reps? This sounds like the overture to a manufactured crisis... the kind that the US AG intends not to waste.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    This smells like crap to me. Anti-government folk going after State leaders (some of whom are Republican) instead of Federal reps? This sounds like the overture to a manufactured crisis... the kind that the US AG intends not to waste.

I agree...
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    I too agree with what is the point of trying to undo state government, esp when so many are trying to fight for their rights as states. ...
    I am just not sure if it is the Governors or Senate and Reps that are doing the fighting for state rights.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I thought that they are trying to get the governors to force the feds to honor the states so called state rights/home rule as Florida and few a few other states have done recently.
    I agree that we do need to rein in the Nobama and his administration.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    This too is a concern of mine. Some of the recent anti-government actions sound a little too convenient considering exec orders etc and I would be very cautious of giving support to the wrong groups. You may be playing right into a plan. I guess there just needs to be due diligence and questioning of everything in the news now.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

The letters have been sent by Guardians of the Free Republics, a group that says it wants to "restore America" by peacefully dismantling parts of government.
    If that's all it is, then that's FAR from issuing threats of violence. Wanting to shut down worthless, wasteful programs and departments is hardly sedition or threatening. Hell, Senators worth their salt do this exact thing on a regular basis, when wrangling over the budget and make-up of the programs/projects to exist. Woe betide the citizen, however, who dares piss off the wrong people declaring this should be done.

Of course, in this climate, the mere claim that it's being taken as threatening, the mere claim by people as feeling threatened, will likely be sufficient for some heavy-handed action. Just watch.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I'm not sure why this is an FBI thing, or why it was even an issue (other than who sent the letter).

It was a "non-threatening" letter asking them to step down. I'm sure government officials get hundreds of those letters all the time, right?

Voicing dessent peacfully... why is this a problem?
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Voicing dessent peacfully... why is this a problem?
    In this climate, the mere fact that an incumbent power broker feels risk of being displaced from that office (and the related rice bowl) constitutes "being threatened." Ridiculous, no?

Of course, we haven't seen the original letters and don't know what the actual words were.

We must understand that the threat of removing a politician or an appointee from office or a government job is the same as being a threat of death, at least to them, because they either have or desire no outside life, or ever want to believe that they might actually have to leave the state capital or Washington, D.C., because so few of them ever really have to go, like ya know.

IF you dont' know who sent them, how do you know really who they were ??? I'm quite serious.

In the past, many times it was found out a long time later, that people of the party they were directed at, were actually the one's sending them to make it look like they were from "the other guys".

Until everyone knows for certain who sent them, I take it all with a grain of salt and recommend not jumping to any conclusions. IF it was one small group of people, like the infamous 6 in Michigan (like they think it was), why blame everyone else or a whole party for it.? You just never know.

Remember, Obama has at least one good friend who bombed a hospital, the Pentagon, and police stations in San Fransisco, as well as was heading and plotting with the Black Panthers to kill "teenagers" across California in order to cause the middle class to be shaken ... and to create chaos, fear, etc..... as well as to assasinate as many police officers as possible. During one 3 yr period in that time, there are still about 250 unsolved murders of San Fransisco police officers.... someone would pull up in a car next to them, or walk up..... shoot them, then drive off.

I think that's far worse than a letter that's being "interpreted" for us, rather than publishing it and letting people see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    We must understand that the threat of removing a politician or an appointee from office or a government job is the same as being a threat of death, at least to them ...
    In their own minds, you mean. In no way is it the legal equivalent of "threat" of course.

I can't imagine any court in the land equating legitimate and legal removal from office with "threat" in the terms we're using here, and in the terms one should take from the "bullet" comments by the guy in the note to Pelosi.

Any schmuck who would actually dare use the word "threat" to describe being legally and legitimately removed from office (ie, via election, recall or other political drumming from the office), then that person is in greater need of a warrant-less SWAT take-down and involuntary psych commitment than Pyles ever was.

But then, the threat to Murray (putting a "bullet through the eyes") goes well beyond any muddled, vaunted opinions of oneself that some of these politicos have from time to time. There is simply no call for death threats. Eject the person legally from office using the mechanisms we have. Definitely, don't go acquiring a CHL and then dragging it through the mud with such criminal acts as this. This sort of thing is worthy of involuntary commission for a psych eval, absolutely. Do a crime worthy of eval, get taken for eval. This is the sort of situation that statute was meant for.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    You describe them as "Fringe" groups, and "Anti-government."

Hmmmm.......restore America, now there's an idea.
    Peacefully dismantling parts of the government.......you mean like the IRS, the Federal Dept. of Education (what do they do?) , all the Czars. I'll bet there's hundreds of federal departments you and I have never heard of.

Next those "crazies" will want to follow the Constitution, they must be stopped.
    (and they will be, ala Waco)
    And the federal reserve, epa, etc., along with entitlements to radical groups such as envronmental groups, acorn, planned parenthood, etc.

Sounds sweeeeeeet!

Also sounds like too much common sense for Washington D.C. to grasp.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Wingnuts. Morons. Bellowing six-toed idiots.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

These articles contradict. One says 'peacfully dismantle' another says there were 'threats of violence', etc.

Smells fishy.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links