Homeless and Housing Activists Take Over Privately Owned Duplex in San Francisco

This is a discussion on Homeless and Housing Activists Take Over Privately Owned Duplex in San Francisco within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If you can't afford to live there then move,It seems that people who don't wanta work are addicted to alcohol and or drugs somehow think ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeless and Housing Activists Take Over Privately Owned Duplex in San Francisco

If you can't afford to live there then move,It seems that people who don't wanta work are addicted to alcohol and or drugs somehow think that the covernment owes them a living.In Texas somebody breaks in my house They won't have to wonder about where they'll be living afterwards
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Glad they weren't armed violent right-wing Christian militiamen or their NRA Tea Party Minutemen friends, who'd cause us harm and about whom we should be alarmed.
    Whew! You can say that again! We haven't anything to fear from those that want to squat on others' property without regard for the property owner and protest that they're not being taken care of by the system. Those people are enlightened, stand for all the right things, and will deliver us into a better world if we follow their lead, you'll see.

2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    The things about this story that make me ill are almost too numerous to list.
    1. A clear case of breaking and entering (along with, I would imagine, damage to private property; malicious mischief; residential burglary; and a myriad of other criminal acts) under direct observation by SFPD with no arrests whatsoever;
    2. An individual who was booted out of his apartment after over a year of notices and being given money to relocate making the statement, “The city should have protected me.”.
    3. This statement, in reference to what was CLEARLY a criminal act: "They can characterize it as an illegal act, but that doesn't mask the fact that the building has been sitting unused and that Jose Morales was evicted from there,".
    4. This statement (again, accompanied by NO police action): About 5 p.m. Sunday, he said, police knocked on the door of the building and asked protesters how long they planned to stay. According to Gullicksen, they responded that they had no immediate plans to leave.
    5. The fact that a property owner in San Francisco is prohibited by law from owning a firearm with which to defend his property and life and is told that such protection is the job of the SFPD. Obviously, the SFPD does not see it that way.
    Further proof that the government, at any level, is not going to protect you personally and individually. Just when I think I have seen everything, San Francisco offers up something new that can still amaze and disgust me. What a tragedy that such a beautiful American city has fallen into the hands of anarchists and criminals (often posing as politicians).
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's Cali, worse yet, San Francisco...what'd ya' expect?
    my thoughts exactly. I am never surprised my any news article I read that is from CA.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Had this been my property and I had the means, I'd flatten the buildings and turn it into a parking lot. Then let them sleep in the rain.
    And charge them for the space to put their blanket.

The end of America is Coming. And unfortunitly we are going to witness it.

Maybe well get lucky and Pelosi will be in California when it falls into the ocean. May the Earthquake start at her house. May it be a small one!

The city should this 'x' for me! The city should have 'x' for me! The city should 'x' this for me!

Entitlement society...

What ever happened to working hard for what you wanted? I must be doing something wrong, because I'm still working hard for stuff...
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

VIP Member

re: The Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreeman View Post
    What ever happened to working hard for what you wanted? I must be doing something wrong, because I'm still working hard for stuff...
    Flip side, what ever happened to plentiful jobs with reasonable salaries and benefits so that working hard allowed you to eat, pay the rent, and put on clean undies now and again?

Again, one and all, read Grapes of Wrath.

And imagine yourself in the position of someone less fortunate than yourselves. It can happen to you. Folks in the middle fall to the bottom a lot more easily than they rise to the top. And we all know what rises to the top and floats.

The federal government has a constitutional duty to pull up the buses and start checking the citizenship and police records of these invaders, and loading them up for immediate deportation from our nation; especially the illegal-alien-immigrant ones. Yes, I too have a drrrreeeeaaaaammmmm, even though it may be deemed to be extreme.

Read "Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck

Set in circa 1937 during The Great Depression.

I have read that book several times. It is a good read. I was born during the great depression.

VIP Member

re: Sig210

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    I have read that book several times. It is a good read. I was born during the great depression.
    Well, from one old dude to another, young (er) people need to read this book. Especially so in this day of The Great Recession.

It is a really easy way to find out how quickly and drastically you can go from do'n O.K. to starving to death and sleeping in the fields while the local police harass you and the folks with a little more--one meal a day-- look down on you as scum.

I know this book was once banned from HS reading lists because it uses some language we wouldn't want on DC, but that's what folks do in real life, especially when their real life is falling apart and there is nothing they can do to stop it or turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Well, from one old dude to another, young (er) people need to read this book. Especially so in this day of The Great Recession.

It is a really easy way to find out how quickly and drastically you can go from do'n O.K. to starving to death and sleeping in the fields while the local police harass you and the folks with a little more--one meal a day-- look down on you as scum.

I know this book was once banned from HS reading lists because it uses some language we wouldn't want on DC, but that's what folks do in real life, especially when their real life is falling apart and there is nothing they can do to stop it or turn it around.
    Unfortunately, for a lot of today's youth they would have to make into a 3-D action flick or video game before they would even take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by kccad View Post
    Unfortunately, for a lot of today's youth they would have to make into a 3-D action flick or video game before they would even take notice.
    An interesting dichotomy... Are you saying that us old folks... baby boomers and older are gonna stand a better chance of surviving this economic downturn than the much younger and stronger generation?

Well, I would agree, if we ever end up with bread lines and another Grapes of Wrath type situation, the young crowd who have been indoctrinated into expecting entitlements are not going to have the survival skills of the older generation.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    An interesting dichotomy... Are you saying that us old folks... baby boomers and older are gonna stand a better chance of surviving this economic downturn than the much younger and stronger generation?

Well, I would agree, if we ever end up with bread lines and another Grapes of Wrath type situation, the young crowd who have been indoctrinated into expecting entitlements are not going to have the survival skills of the older generation.
    Yes. My father was a child during the Great Depression and when we were growing up he made sure to remind me and my brother about it whenever we went into one of our whining fits. Then I had a teacher recommend "The Grapes of Wrath" when I was in elementary school. Being a typical a know-it-all kid I thought a novel from 1939 would absolutely bore me. My attitude was properly adjusted when I found that I just couldn't put the damned thing down! As a kid growing up at the beginning of shock rock and Alice Cooper, I was still stunned when I read the ending with Rose of Sharon. I put the book down and just sat there for several minutes trying to picture how desperate these people were.

Several years ago my wife, son (8 years old at the time) and I were at a restaurant eating dinner. The 10 or 11 year-old girl at the table across from us was refusing to eat her chicken strip and fries dinner because it wasn't McDonalds. The father offered her $5.00 if she ate at least half of it. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing...a father actually offering to pay his child to eat! I've gone through what just about every parent goes through with getting a child to eat vegetables and such, but to pay a child to eat...and chicken strips with fries at that? Even my son said, "Man dad, if that had been me, you would have told me to eat it or go without dinner. If I didn't eat it you would have served it to me for breakfast the next morning."

The "Okies" in The Grapes of Wrath moved to California looking for work and opportunity. Unfortunately, there seems to be a growing number of people today looking for handouts and entitlements.

Quote Originally Posted by kccad View Post
    Yes. My father was a child during the Great Depression and when we were growing up he made sure to remind me and my brother about it whenever we went into one of our whining fits. Then I had a teacher recommend "The Grapes of Wrath" when I was in elementary school. Being a typical a know-it-all kid I thought a novel from 1939 would absolutely bore me. My attitude was properly adjusted when I found that I just couldn't put the damned thing down! As a kid growing up at the beginning of shock rock and Alice Cooper, I was still stunned when I read the ending with Rose of Sharon. I put the book down and just sat there for several minutes trying to picture how desperate these people were.

Several years ago my wife, son (8 years old at the time) and I were at a restaurant eating dinner. The 10 or 11 year-old girl at the table across from us was refusing to eat her chicken strip and fries dinner because it wasn't McDonalds. The father offered her $5.00 if she ate at least half of it. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing...a father actually offering to pay his child to eat! I've gone through what just about every parent goes through with getting a child to eat vegetables and such, but to pay a child to eat...and chicken strips with fries at that? Even my son said, "Man dad, if that had been me, you would have told me to eat it or go without dinner. If I didn't eat it you would have served it to me for breakfast the next morning."

The "Okies" in The Grapes of Wrath moved to California looking for work and opportunity. Unfortunately, there seems to be a growing number of people today looking for handouts and entitlements.

Don't be so quick to pass judgment on younger generations because it can easily be pointed out that the older generations were the ones responsible for teaching their children these lessons. Take your restaurant story and who is really to blame? the little girl or the father offering her money. All little kids are largely heathens and will try to get what they want at all times. Its the parents jobs to teach them how to be normal productive members of society. It is apparent that somewhere in the past 80 years something has gone wrong and the finger can be pointed at all parties involved (not just the older or younger generations).

Quote Originally Posted by natticarry View Post
    Don't be so quick to pass judgment on younger generations because it can easily be pointed out that the older generations were the ones responsible for teaching their children these lessons. Take your restaurant story and who is really to blame? the little girl or the father offering her money. All little kids are largely heathens and will try to get what they want at all times. Its the parents jobs to teach them how to be normal productive members of society. It is apparent that somewhere in the past 80 years something has gone wrong and the finger can be pointed at all parties involved (not just the older or younger generations).
    Yes, I do understand that, hence the comparison between how my father raised me vs. how the father at the restaurant was raising his child vs. how I raise mine....

"My father was a child during the Great Depression and when we were growing up he made sure to remind me and my brother about it whenever we went into one of our whining fits."

vs.

"The father offered her $5.00 if she ate at least half of it. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing...a father actually offering to pay his child to eat!"

vs.

"Man dad, if that had been me, you would have told me to eat it or go without dinner. If I didn't eat it you would have served it to me for breakfast the next morning."

At no point did I blame the child, but rather put the blame squarely on the father for the child's resulting behavior. There was no "quickness to pass judgement" on my part. Also, I did state "a lot of today's youth", not "all of today's youth" in a previous post. There are many fine examples of youths today that understand sacrifice. One needs to look no further than our fine men and women in uniform putting their lives on the line every day for our safety and freedom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links