Homeless and Housing Activists Take Over Privately Owned Duplex in San Francisco - Page 3

Homeless and Housing Activists Take Over Privately Owned Duplex in San Francisco

This is a discussion on Homeless and Housing Activists Take Over Privately Owned Duplex in San Francisco within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is great. There is a really nice house in my neighborhood that is empty. I think I'm going to go take it over. Somebody ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homeless and Housing Activists Take Over Privately Owned Duplex in San Francisco

Administrator
    This is great. There is a really nice house in my neighborhood that is empty. I think I'm going to go take it over. Somebody else can have mine.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member

re: sixto

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    This is great. There is a really nice house in my neighborhood that is empty. I think I'm going to go take it over. Somebody else can have mine.
    Nice house in neighborhood, is it foreclosed yet? Get there before the junkies.

VIP Member

Grapes of Wrath, Rose of Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by kccad View Post
    Yes. My father was a child during the Great Depression
    As a kid growing up at the beginning of shock rock and Alice Cooper, I was still stunned when I read the ending with Rose of Sharon. I put the book down and just sat there for several minutes trying to picture how desperate these people were.

While that ending scene is a shocker, and no doubt one reason many schools banned the book, I found the embedded stories about police attitudes and brutality, about the unkindness of one human to another, and the rare noble act, more intriguing.

Most importantly, it is a primer on just how bad things can get.

Sort of a "Brewster's Millions" story without the funny stuff as it is for real, you can go from OK to nothingness in no time.

The sayings, "most people are one pay check from disaster," and "most men lead lives of quiet desperation," are truisms. Too many participants here think it will never happen to them. They are sadly mistaken.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links