[Merged]Texas LEO's advise residents near the Mexican Border to ARM themselves....

This is a discussion on [Merged]Texas LEO's advise residents near the Mexican Border to ARM themselves.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by n3ss hopefully open up some more ice rinks further south, that'd be nice! What it is is a source of income to ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Merged]Texas LEO's advise residents near the Mexican Border to ARM themselves....

Quote Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
    hopefully open up some more ice rinks further south, that'd be nice!

What it is is a source of income to keep the BATF and Department of Homeland Security financed and running. Not to mention it keeps the prision industrial complex a steady flow of cash and most importantly it opens up this huge black market which brings all this nasty violence into the country which enables bigger budgets for federal/state/local agencies and still more importantly it opens up the idea of restricting civil rights (including 2A rights) under the guise of security. Not to mention, the war on drugs boils down to big bad government telling us what we can do with our lives or bodies.

But no, i'm positive there's no hypocrisy in supporting the war on drugs (plants) and the war on terror (war on a tactic?!) while griping about taxes, big government, or violations of your constitutional rights. /s
    this.

the point is, all the things the war on drugs has promised to keep us from (violence, abuse, crime, addiction) still exist. if we legalized all drugs, (yes even heroine, crack, smack, speed and coke), we would still have addicts and abusers. but we wouldn't have traffickers, smugglers and heavily armed cartels threatening our borders. we would gain a huge tax revenue, which could be invested in all kinds of things, like anti drug campaigns for kids, addiction treatment programs, schools, libraries, roads. whatever you could think of.

not to mention that the government has no right to tell me what i can put into my own body.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The sad part is, if you actually defend yourself, guess who is going to be made out to be the bad guy?

Jang has a knack for saying some really smart things with few words.
    Sixto,one thing about living here is any SD shooting and LEO's will back you 100%,I just made a Leather OWB and a tuckable IWB holster and Mag Holder for a Chief Of Police that feels he needs to be packing 24/7 and liked my holster work
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Let the Mexican people arm themselves, too. They are slaves to their gov't and the cartels without them.
    They can arm themselves. They aren't aloud to have what are considered military rounds, so it's illegal to have 9mm or .45 ACP. They do alot of .38 Super instead.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    If people were held accountable for what they do while stoned/drunk AS IF THEY WERE COLD SOBER AT THE TIME, I'd say hell yeah, go for it.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

You know, I was thinking about this thread, and given if I lived in that area with all that going on..... I think if I were out in the fields, on the land, etc.... I would need to give some very serious thought to something in kevlar.

Senior Moderator

Sheriff To Texas Border Town: 'Arm Yourselves'

Sheriff To Texas Border Town: 'Arm Yourselves'

April 9, 2010
    Along the border, fears are growing that the escalating drug violence in Mexico will spill into the United States.

Last month, a well-known rancher was murdered in southeastern Arizona. Authorities suspect an illegal immigrant did it.

The murder prompted governors in New Mexico and Texas to send forces to the border. This week, the Mexican government sent dozens of police and soldiers to the Juarez Valley to restore order.

For many on both sides of the border, the fear is very real.

'Arm Yourselves'

Last week, residents held a town-hall meeting in Fort Hancock, Texas — a sleepy agricultural town on the border, about an hour southeast of El Paso, that looks like the bleak set of No Country for Old Men.

A couple hundred people crowded into the grade-school gym to hear a chilling message from Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West.

"You farmers, I'm telling you right now, arm yourselves," he said. "As they say the old story is, it's better to be tried by 12 than carried by six. Damn it, I don't want to see six people carrying you."

You farmers, I'm telling you right now, arm yourselves. As they say the old story is, it's better to be tried by 12 than carried by six. Damn it, I don't want to see six people carrying you.

- Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West
    His warning was prompted by the killing of the Arizona rancher, and the spiraling violence a couple of miles away in Mexico in a region known as the Valley of Juarez. The notorious smuggling territory is being fought over by the Sinaloa and the Juarez cartels.

"One of the men that works for me had five people killed in front of his house over there [in Mexico] this past weekend," says Curtis Carr, who is a farmer and county commissioner. "And he's moving his family over here this week. It's serious over there. Whether or not it's gonna spill over here, I don't know."

Nobody knows.

'They Poked His Eyes Out'

The sheriff warned citizens to be alert and report strange vehicles on their streets. But at the same time, he said, don't succumb to fear.

"We haven't had anybody kidnapped here yet, but it could come," he said. "We haven't had anybody killed here, but that could come."

The violence in the Juarez Valley directly affects this little Texas town.

A couple of weeks ago, gunmen in the Juarez Valley killed the Mexican relative of a Fort Hancock high school student. When the student's family in Fort Hancock heard about it, they crossed the border at 10 a.m. to see the body, and took the student with them.

"By 10:30, they had stabbed the relatives that went with him, which included his grandparents, with an ice pick," says school superintendent Jose Franco. "My understanding is that the gentleman is like 90 years old, and they poked his eyes out with an ice pick. I believe those people are still in intensive care here in a hospital in the U.S."

Franco says the boy has isolated himself from other students so they won't ask him about the gruesome attack that he witnessed.

Tactics To Drive Out Rivals: Arson, Murder

The Valley of Juarez has a long history of human and drug trafficking. There's lots of open farmland for illicit activity. It's close to the city of Juarez, a major smuggling point. It's right across from Texas, with Interstate 10 only a few miles to the north.

And the river, the Rio Grande, is no deterrent.

Veteran Border Patrol agent Joe Romero stands on a levee overlooking the international river — which this time of year is but a trickle.

"You can literally walk across the river — and some times of the year not even get wet," he says. "And with the ease with which you can literally cross the border here from one side to the other, this made it very lucrative and appealing to anybody trying to smuggle in whatever contraband they had."

In recent years, the Department of Homeland Security has put up 44 miles of tall fencing across from the Juarez Valley, and doubled the number of Border Patrol agents. As a result, marijuana seizures in this area have fallen 97 percent in the past four years.

But none of this has dampened the drug mafias' vicious competition to dominate the Juarez Valley.

Farmers In Esperanza Flee To Juarez

Esperanza is one of several farm towns in the Juarez Valley terrorized by the narco-war. Last week, traffickers are believed to have torched two houses there and killed the occupant of one. A large bloodstain on the back door of one house marks the spot where the owner was executed.

More than 50 people were killed in the Juarez Valley in March.

Arson and murder are the tactics being used to drive out rival traffickers, as well as the general population.

Along a highway, eight members of the Villareal family stand, their bags packed, waiting for the bus. They say they're all afraid because of the killings. There's no security, no work anymore, and farmers have abandoned their fields.

You know it's bad when people are fleeing for safety to Juarez — the most murderous city in the hemisphere.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Hope they arm themselves w/ more than handguns. Shotguns and AR type rifles would probably do if they can't get a 50 cal.

Time for the worthless ex-governor of AZ to start Securing the Homeland. Not holding my breath.

Good luck to the locals in these areas. Aim small, miss small.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

YEAH, BABY..... Thats what we should have been doing all along. Eventually this will spill over to the Texas side of the border and us Texans will once again have to "take care of Bidness" as we say down here.....

Start buying those ARs fellas......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    this.

the point is, all the things the war on drugs has promised to keep us from (violence, abuse, crime, addiction) still exist. if we legalized all drugs, (yes even heroine, crack, smack, speed and coke), we would still have addicts and abusers. but we wouldn't have traffickers, smugglers and heavily armed cartels threatening our borders. we would gain a huge tax revenue, which could be invested in all kinds of things, like anti drug campaigns for kids, addiction treatment programs, schools, libraries, roads. whatever you could think of.

not to mention that the government has no right to tell me what i can put into my own body.
    Lets get a bunch of folks hooked on meth - they make good, hardworking, taxpaying citizens, until they are fired, have no money and break into your house to steal whatever they think is worth enough to get their next fix.
    I guess if everyone is armed they'll be able to deal with the meth crazed home invasion.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Their town watch should operate a couple "Rat Pack" vehicles with mounted .50 Cal. That's a lot of firepower that can just reach out and touch someone when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by hayzor View Post
    Lets get a bunch of folks hooked on meth - they make good, hardworking, taxpaying citizens, until they are fired, have no money and break into your house to steal whatever they think is worth enough to get their next fix.
    I guess if everyone is armed they'll be able to deal with the meth crazed home invasion.
    You could just legalize marijuana and stop 70+%.
    You could use the tax money to slow down the meth labs... it's not coming across the border, it's being made in every town.
    Responsibility and not regulation...
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    You could just legalize marijuana and stop 70+%.
    You could use the tax money to slow down the meth labs... it's not coming across the border, it's being made in every town.
    Responsibility and not regulation...
    +1. Legalize the "recreational" drugs (pot, steroids, mushrooms, etc) and keep the ones that destroy entire communities illegal. I think we'd see an immediate impact on our society - in a positive way. I'm not a user, never have done any of the above drugs, but...the cops have never been called to break up a fight between two stoned dudes!

It's happening in community after community. Whether it's the invasion across the southern border or whether it's increased violence and crime because of the economy further north, local LEO's and now judges in Ohio are telling people to actually arm themselves. No longer are they preaching the liberal dogma of let the professionals handle it. Now they are saying... We won't be able to handle it so you better be prepared to take care of your self.

Well, I can only say... Take heed and be prepared! It's gonna get worse before it gets better!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    It's happening in community after community. Whether it's the invasion across the southern border or whether it's increased violence and crime because of the economy further north, local LEO's and now judges in Ohio are telling people to actually arm themselves. No longer are they preaching the liberal dogma of let the professionals handle it. Now they are saying... We won't be able to handle it so you better be prepared to take care of your self.

Well, I can only say... Take heed and be prepared! It's gonna get worse before it gets better!
    I was just reading a couple of articles about the judge in Ohio. I never thought I'd ever hear a judge say anything like that! Things are probably going to get worse before they get better. If they get better...
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links