He Had A Bullet In The Chamber!!

This is a discussion on He Had A Bullet In The Chamber!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; To all that are bothered by airport security I apologize. You see all of this is my fault. I'm the one who doesn't want to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He Had A Bullet In The Chamber!!

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    To all that are bothered by airport security I apologize. You see all of this is my fault. I'm the one who doesn't want to get blown up, shot, knifed, or hijacked when I fly. Sorry to be such a bother.

Also to those who chose to drive instead. Go ahead and ignore all those stop signs, speed limits and other traffic control devices, they're such a pain in the butt.

2. Remove Ads

Geez Bubba

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    To all that are bothered by airport security I apologize. You see all of this is my fault. I'm the one who doesn't want to get blown up, shot, knifed, or hijacked when I fly. Sorry to be such a bother.

Also to those who chose to drive instead. Go ahead and ignore all those stop signs, speed limits and other traffic control devices, they're such a pain in the butt.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Today must have really sucked.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I hate hearing that too, "so and so had a loaded gun with one in the chamber, blah blah blah"
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Uh, yeah. Sleep it off.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Agreed. Fairly silly to be harping on the "loaded" aspect. Defensive firearms wouldn't be very useful without being loaded.

Such a frenzy (beyond the mere fact he was attempting to carry it onto a plane) shows the continued "wooly" nature of the media. If anything, that's a warning to us all that such frenzies won't abate anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    Finger pointers. If they had the firearm why nose tackle him? I would sue.
    Why "nose tackle" him ... you mean, arrest him?

Probably because attempting to take a firearm onto a commercial airline flight isn't considered very cool by the statutes.

Bringing a lawsuit doesn't make much sense, in such a clear infraction of a basic statute related to firearms. Personally, I don't think restricting the public from being able to defend themselves even at airports and on airlines makes much sense, but the statute does exist. And, as legitimate upstanding people, we know this. He "forgot" or failed to care enough to consider it also applied to him. A lawsuit won't change that: it was the law.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Didn't the whole Starbucks thing start in CA where they were OCing unloaded, now he had bullets he may have actually ha intent to defend himself.

I haven't seen the news coverage on this so forgive me if it's been covered. Did they find the Kimber after he cleared security?

And while I agree that air travel has become over-priced, over-crowed and overly strips you of your rights and then they charge you for taking a carry on and to check your bag (and then lose the one you checked and refuse a refund); I can tell you that I don't think there is one magic solution (if there is I certainly don't have it).

And yet with all that "rational and effective hi-tech security," the "Fruit of the Loom" bomber came dangerously close to killing hundreds on Christmas 2009.

Until we get the political correctness out of airport security measures it will remain laughable and full of holes. Lunacy I prefer not to participate in.

I prefer to drive when I'm able. And I'll continue to observe the speed limits. That's what cruise control is for.

P.S. Save me "the flight originated overseas and we have no control over that" dogma... It's a red herring argument at best.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

No upstanding person wants to be attacked. Not on the street, at home, in a car or plane, or simply while out and about.

IMO, taking a public airliner to a destination is little different than taking a public bus, metro train or subway, other than the altitude. Citizens are forcibly disarmed in only one of these conveyances. I don't see much sense in this, particularly given the laughable quality of the security, which is simply in place to give people a sense of security, not to provide actual security. I appreciate the concerns most people seem to have. Like it or not, I'm in the small minority on this point.

Don't mistake the branding air travel as lunacy the equivalent to a desire for living a life of danger or crime, in this or other things.

I happen to choose travel by car instead, whenever possible. It's largely because of the onerous security procedures and crushing delays amongst large groups of silly, fearful people. It has been possible in all cases except a couple, since 2001. Thankfully, my chosen activities can generally be adjusted to accommodate.

I see as a "pain in the butt" being disarmed for no good reason. A real "pain" is the utter inability to effectively defend onself.

YMMV.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    What year was it when Uma Thurman was able to take her Samauri sword on the airplane to Tokyo in Kill Bill ???!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    I can tell you that I don't think there is one magic solution (if there is I certainly don't have it).
    Find a way to make millions of dollars and fly charter out of small private airports instead. It would be magical because most of us are never going to have that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by natticarry View Post
    Find a way to make millions of dollars and fly charter out of small private airports instead. It would be magical because most of us are never going to have that kind of money.
    To paraphrase Ferris Bueller, "If you have the means, I do recommend it"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links