PA Road Rager Shoots Lady Driver

This is a discussion on PA Road Rager Shoots Lady Driver within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Found this on the web: The lady driver moved into the right lane when she saw a car weaving in and out of traffic behind ...

Thread: PA Road Rager Shoots Lady Driver

PA Road Rager Shoots Lady Driver

Found this on the web:

The lady driver moved into the right lane when she saw a car weaving in and out of traffic behind her. The raging driver then passed the lady on the shoulder and shot her. Yep, he was a nice guy according to his neighbors.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/route.422...2.1621852.html

Court records show that Yannarell has been cited eight times since 2002 for disregarding traffic lights or stop signs in Montgomery, Delaware, or Chester Counties. He pleaded guilty in seven of the cases and was found guilty in the other. He was also cited for speeding in 2005 in Montgomery County.
    Last edited by Sig 210; April 10th, 2010 at 02:47 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Linkee no workee...
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

EW3
    That happened on my AM commute.

This apparently happened about 20-30 minutes after I passed by that stretch of highway. To be honest, I'm surprised this hasn’t happened sooner; this highway was never designed to carry the daily volume of traffic it does now, and enforcement has been VERY lax. There are many, many reckless, moron drivers on this highway; just a few weeks ago some jerk in a truck tried to force me off the road after I passed him on the right when he wouldn't get over from the left-hand lane he was putting along in.

It also gives all us law-abiding gun owners a black eye, and more ammo, pun intended, for the anti-gun crowed to use against us.

DRIVER CHARGED IN RT. 422 SHOOTING

Gilbertsville man
    arrested in rush hour road rage incident

Saturday, April 10, 2010

By Brandie Kessler

bkessler@pottsmerc.com

UPPER PROVIDENCE — A Gilbertsville man was arrested and charged with attempted murder after allegedly shooting a female motorist on Route 422 during an apparent road-rage incident Friday morning.

The alleged shooter was identified as John A. Yannarell by police and his Norristown attorney, Saul Solomon.

Solomon said he received a call from Yannarell late Friday morning.

"He had some questions because he was one of the suspects of an incident we all know about," Solomon said, referring to the shooting incident on Route 422. Solomon said Yannarell "heard on the radio of the incident" and then sought out Solomon after a friend recommended him, Solomon said.

"Based on everything we knew about the case, we knew the police wanted to speak with him," Solomon said prior to Yannarell's arraignment late Friday afternoon before District Judge Cathleen Kelly Rebar.

According to Solomon, Yannarell is a 50-year-old engineer who works in center city Philadelphia.

Court records show Yannarell had at

least seven traffic violations in Chester, Montgomery and Delaware counties since 2007.

Trooper Danea Durham, public information officer with the Pennsylvania State Police, said police received the report of a road-rage incident on Route 422 near Oaks around 7:15 a.m. Friday during the morning rush hour.

"We got a call from a female driver saying she was having a road-rage incident," Durham said. Police refused to name the woman, but described her as a 31-year-old from the Pottstown area.

Durham said police believed the shooting victim's vehicle was in motion when she was shot, which she called a "scary situation" on a congested roadway during rush hour.

"I wasn't privy to any of the information witnesses may have given ... obviously it's a dangerous situation when there are motorists on the road," Durham said. "Traffic is already moving so slow in the morning (because of construction and congestion) and there's already so much heavy traffic, obviously it made the morning commute a whole lot worse than it already was."

Durham said this was the first shooting she had heard about on Route 422, but she has heard of others on other major roads.

"You need to use common sense and have common courtesy when you're driving on the roadway," Durham said. "We have a lot of road-rage incidents and unfortunately this one escalated to a shooting."

The police statement released to the press stated the shooting victim was driving east on Route 422 when she noticed an erratic driver swerving in and out of traffic behind her.

Police said the woman "moved to the right lane in an effort to get out of the way. At that time the suspect vehicle passed her on the right shoulder and fired a shot into her vehicle."

Police said the victim was able to follow Yannarell on the shoulder and call 911 to report a description of the vehicle Yannarell was allegedly driving and the license plate of the vehicle.

However, reader comments on www.pottsmerc.com and an eyewitness account described the two vehicles as engaging in a "cat and mouse" scenario.

Several readers commented that they were familiar with a driver that matched the description of Yannarell and his vehicle, alleging they had been cut off by him recently. One person said they were certain Yannarell had cut them off within a week of Friday's incident because they jotted down his registration and car's make and model when they encountered him on the roadway.

Police said the victim was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where she was treated for a gunshot wound and released later Friday afternoon.

Meanwhile, police had broadcast a description of the vehicle Yannarell was allegedly driving, a silver Buick Lucerne with Pennsylvania registration.

Police said Yannarell was apprehended in Norristown.

In addition to attempted homicide, Yannarell is also being charged with aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.

Residents of Ruby Circle in the Gilbertsville development where Yannarell lives and is the president of the homeowners association were shocked Friday morning to see police and members of the media present on their streets, although some of them were not completely surprised to hear what police alleged Yannarell had done.

Jim Roland, who lives in the house next door to Yannarell, said he once had to call the police because Yannarell got into a dispute with a contractor.

"He never really got hot with me, but he got hot with my contractor," Roland said.

"You wouldn't think somebody would pull a gun. I figure he's a neighbor, so if there's a problem, what's he gonna do? Shoot me? So that was my only reaction. It's just good that he's caught."

Another neighbor who declined to give her name said Yannarell approached her husband shortly after they moved into the neighborhood this past summer.

She said her husband had just finished cutting the grass and a few grass clippings had blown into the street.

"My husband was mowing the grass ... and the guy came over and said, 'Can you clean that up, you're wrecking the neighborhood.

"With the way he treated my husband, it doesn't surprise me," he was arrested Friday, the neighbor said. "If you're going to come over because of the grass ... it doesn't make me thrilled to know ... there's somebody that hot-headed" in the neighborhood.

A person who has frequently been in Yannarell's presence and knows his family but who declined to be identified described him as a "very nice person" and someone who is "very caring," but acknowledged what many of Yannarell's neighbors said about him.

"I have to agree with everything thing else you've heard," the person said. "He doesn't have good social skills (but) I can't believe that he did that."
    Link
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Well, I'm glad the lady is ok. I think the shooter is going to go to camp on this one.

..."With the way he treated my husband, it doesn't surprise me," he was arrested Friday, the neighbor said. "If you're going to come over because of the grass ... it doesn't make me thrilled to know ... there's somebody that hot-headed" in the neighborhood...

Blades of grass will be the least of his worries for many years, and I don't think anyone will have to worry about this hot-head being in the neighborhood for a long time.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

EW3
    I'm surprised there haven't been more shootings on this highway; it's HORRIBLE. 2 lanes in each direction, with traffic that grows thicker and thicker every year. If you don't leave really early in the morning or get on after 4 pm, it's a parking lot, bumper-to-bumper for 25-30 miles easy.

This shooting convinced me I need to go the back way to work now; a little longer drive, but without all the idiots and road-ragers!

"Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

"He doesn't have good social skills..." ha, ain't THAT the truth!

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    This guy is an idiot and a danger to everyone around him and I am glad he has been caught.

That is some bad traffic! Carpool People! Live close to where you work. Ride a bike. It works! :)
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    That traffic sucks folks. It's only going to get worse as the economy continues it's downward path. Idiots like this guy are going to pop up more and more. Were in for the long ride, make the best of it, batton down the hatches and prepare for the worst.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Now he has a new worry!
    Blades of grass are nothing compared to "woops I dropped the soap"!
    Wonder if he will be happy with his new boyfriend?

Yes, they walk and drive among us. A scary thought, no doubt.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

i work at the correctional facility where he was housed, but he bailed out today, I spoke with him and he seamed just like everyone else ,and that just goes to show that you never know who people are so always be prepared and stay smart, I see a lot of bad people come in and out of there they are in every town no mater how small and quiet. I don't think it really set in in his mind of what he did but it will and I hope he goes away for a long time, just think that could have been your mom,sister,friend,wife or your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc0811 View Post
    i work at the correctional facility where he was housed, but he bailed out today, I spoke with him and he seamed just like everyone else ,and that just goes to show that you never know who people are so always be prepared and stay smart, I see a lot of bad people come in and out of there they are in every town no mater how small and quiet. I don't think it really set in in his mind of what he did but it will and I hope he goes away for a long time, just think that could have been your mom,sister,friend,wife or your kids.
    Out on bail?? His bail was set at 500k! damn.... someone must have cash.

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by EPIC SCUMBAG View Post
    Out on bail?? His bail was set at 500k! damn.... someone must have cash.
    His bail was $50,000...you only have to come up with 10%

Links