1 dead in fight over parking spot

This is a discussion on 1 dead in fight over parking spot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Parking Attendant Shot, Killed in Cleveland - WJW...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 dead in fight over parking spot

...and as usual, they will try to blame the gun, instead of the idiot who employed it.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Stupid over a parking space.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Now the shooter will have a permanent parking spot for his butt, for the rest of his life...what a waste.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Too bad the parking lot attendant didn't have a CHL along with a gun of his own. Things might have turned out differently!
    Member of:
    National Rifle Association
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry
    Defensive Carry
    United States Conceal Carry Association

It's a real shame that this had to happen over a parking space.

Any bets as to whether it was legal for the shooter to be in posession of that gun? I am willing to bet he did not have a CHL. What a moron to kill someone over a parking spot.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    A parking spot? You've got to be kidding! What is this world coming to? What next, a spot on the elevator? Or maybe a place in line? Wow, I'm speechless.

That is really sad.....to know that somebody has no better priorities in life other than a parking space, and willing to take another life to get what they want. It's a growing epidemic most anywhere you look. Just a few years ago, a local gas station attendant was threatened with a pistol over a pack of stolen cigarettes by the shop-lifter. What value is placed on life these days? What is the illness or strain of disease within society that can cause this to happen? Could it be the preservatives in hot dogs? Is it a predisposition to violence in their DNA? Is it just that evil takes over humans in an instant other than in the movies? What sort of morals or lack thereof could simply place any item over anyone's life? Well, thinking about this some more.....I guess we do more often than we realize (collectively as inhabitants of this earth amongst our fellow human beings)........countries go to war over territories, land, political ideals, monies, etc. So I guess I can catch a small glimpse of where this all came from, and how it came about. It's just so difficult for me to grasp. Deep down (I mean really deep now), we need to realize that in a way, each and every one of us is responsible for letting things come to this in one way or another......we did something in the past, or looked the other way when something needed to be done. Each time we think of ourselves as having the greater morals or ideals for our society, and find these abhorrent instances of where things have gone wrong...we should realize we're actually living with our own sins of the past. Sins against the universe, and each other. How I wish things were different. The universe is in a constant state of change......I mean in such small amounts of time we cannot even comprehend. We can change it at any moment. Knowingly with intent, or accidentally by our actions. Look one second into the future, and it's already happened......and literally hundreds of millions of changes have already been made by the time our thought has initialized. I sincerely hope we can turn things around and make a better future for ourselves. I truly do. A grain of sand you can see......an atom is so small you can't. It takes less than either one to make a rift or change in the universe, and to think we inherently own the powers to make a significant impact for the better of everything just simply gives me a headache sometimes. But it's still there nonetheless. The possibilities are just as endless. Let's fix this place.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioPx4Storm View Post
    Too bad the parking lot attendant didn't have a CHL along with a gun of his own. Things might have turned out differently!
    The article said Quoting his dad as saying he did,( have a cpl)

Confucious say "Man who stands on toilet is high on pot."
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

What's next?

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    A parking spot? You've got to be kidding! What is this world coming to? What next, a spot on the elevator? Or maybe a place in line? Wow, I'm speechless.
    First in line to renew your driver's license?

It's incredible the number of situations we hope to never be in -- then these morons start shooting over everyday inconveniences.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Now the shooter will have a permanent parking spot for his butt, for the rest of his life...what a waste.
    We could hope that he gets the needle.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Senseless is the word alright.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by OhioPx4Storm View Post
    Actually the parking attendant was a licensed ccw permit holder as quoted in the article below and by the reporter in the video. No one however, confirmed whether he had a gun with him at the time of the shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by Fox8 New Report
    Williams' father says his son was a licensed concealed carrier and would keep a gun with him when he worked at the parking lot because he handled large amounts of cash.
    Having a gun in your pocket is no guarantee you are going to survive the encounter. Having a gun without the will to use it, or the situational awareness to know you are in danger is a bad combination.

While we have no idea how the situation presented itself or what was going through the parking attendants mind at the time I think it can be noted that possibly he could have been in denial as though "This can't be happening."

Of course I have no way of knowing that... I'm just wanting to point out the fact that being in denial only has to last a couple seconds in order to be killed.

Deadly encounters tend to catch people off guard and are over in a few seconds. You can't afford to be in denial. Especially if you have the means to defend yourself.

This is truly a sad situation and senseless as well.

Remember, we can not know what's going on in the mind of your attacker... what may be a stupid trivial event to you and me may be something the attacker feels is worth killing over and cost you your life if you fail to act.

This is a scary event because it likely happened in the blink of an eye. How many of us would have been prepared to respond? Who anticipates a one minute dispute over a parking space is going to end up in someone getting killed?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

update on this story from fox8news.

Cleveland Police say Warmus shot parking lot attendant David Williams,27, three times, after the two got into an argument over parking in a spot reserved for the handicapped.

Warmus' defense attorney says his client was acting in self defense because Williams also had a gun. "The gun was found on the person of the victim, in fact, that gun was pulled well prior to Mr. Warmus defending himself."

Cleveland Police say both Warmus and Williams had conceal carry permits, but the prosecution says witnesses never saw Williams pull out his gun.

"He called 911 from the scene himself, immediately after the shooting to inform them of what happened that he had to defend himself. He immediately surrendered without incident."

oh boy, here we go. the anit's may be all over this. the story on t.v. said the shooter had to go to his car to get his gun. they also said the victim was shot twice in the abdomon and once in the back of the head. that doesnt sound like sell defense to me. the shooter was clearly wrong in so many ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links