Man defends himself during street robbery

This is a discussion on Man defends himself during street robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Man Defends Himself During Robbery, 3 Injured - Cincinnati breaking news, weather radar, traffic from 9News | Channel 9 WCPO.com CINCINNATI -- Three men ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man defends himself during street robbery

Administrator

Man defends himself during street robbery

Police: Man Defends Himself During Robbery, 3 Injured - Cincinnati breaking news, weather radar, traffic from 9News | Channel 9 WCPO.com
    CINCINNATI -- Three men were injured in a shooting and robbery in Price Hill late Monday night.

Police say three men tried to rob a victim in the 3800 block of West Liberty Avenue.

The victim was shot in the abdomen, but as the men ran away, the victim shot back.

Two men later showed up at University Hospital with gunshot wounds. One of the men has serious injuries.

No charges have been filed and the incident is still under investigation.
    Its going to be a loooong hot summer in the city. There have been multiple shootings every day/night for a month. And its still early spring. Off to work I go!
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Stay safe out there SIXTO, and keep up the good work.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Its going to be a loooong hot summer in the city. There have been multiple shootings every day/night for a month. And its still early spring. Off to work I go!

This is a daily occurence in Post Katrina Houston, TX.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Stay safe out there SIXTO, and keep up the good work.
    +1 and wear an extra plate...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I hope the victim will be ok. It's a shame he didn't kill all three of them! But as they say, Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad.

And the important people whine because people don't or won't invest in or move to Over The Rhine, an old formerly-German neighborhood that used to be good before it turned into just another inner-city 'hood.

VIP Member

Justified????

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Police: Man Defends Himself During Robbery, 3 Injured - Cincinnati breaking news, weather radar, traffic from 9News | Channel 9 WCPO.com

While to my mind this is a morally righteous shoot, was it legally justified given that the BGs were running away?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    While to my mind this is a morally righteous shoot, was it legally justified given that the BGs were running away?
    I agree a morally righteous shoot! Hope it goes down that way with the law. One to watch..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

It depends on which story, the newpaper reported this one:
    Robbery victim fights back, shoots suspect | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

I hate the news here, you dont know who to believe, if anyone.

PRICE HILL - Two men were arrested overnight after a robbery victim fought back and fired at his assailants late Monday in the 3800 block of West Liberty Street, according to Cincinnati police.

Three suspects, including at least one armed with a gun, approached a man about 10:30 p.m. in the 3800 block of West Liberty Street in Price Hill and attempted to rob him, police said.

The victim pulled out and fired his own gun at the suspects, striking and wounding one of them seriously.

He was taken to University Hospital. The other two are in police custody. Their names and charges have not been released.

The victim was not injured, police said.

Further details were not released.
    When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.

Maybe that is this one too? The locations are very close.

700WLW - THE BIG ONE

Alleged Robber Wounded in Gun Battle

Victim had a concealed carry permit.
    By 700WLW News
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010
    ( Cincinnati ) Cincinnati Police are investigating a shooting that involved three men who attacked and tried to rob a man on Rosemont Ave. As they got the victim's cell phone, the victim, who had a concealed carry permit then opened fire on the robbers injuring one of them. The victim, who was cut, declined medical treatment. The alleged attacker, Todd Hammond, was taken to the hospital. The other two robbers, 20-year old Troy Hammond and 22-year old Tremaine Hughes, were taken into custody.
    When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.

VIP Member
    Holy crap, there is that much controversy as to which article was talking about what shooting?
    Whew, I'm gonna see about avoiding Cinnci. in my work travels, as my boss does not allow us to carry

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
    Mark Twain
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Administrator
    To answer the side bar questions if the news is correct on their facts (that's a stretch, I know) technically the was a "bad" shoot under Ohio law. You cannot shoot a fleeing suspect. However, besides being a political whore, the Hamilton County prosecutor is a decent, pro CCW guy. There have been several cases where victims have shot back when they probably shouldn't have... Mr. Deter's answer is this; " Don't rob people in Hamilton County" I got to love that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    To answer the side bar questions if the news is correct on their facts (that's a stretch, I know) technically the was a "bad" shoot under Ohio law. You cannot shoot a fleeing suspect. However, besides being a political whore, the Hamilton County prosecutor is a decent, pro CCW guy. There have been several cases where victims have shot back when they probably shouldn't have... Mr. Deter's answer is this; " Don't rob people in Hamilton County" I got to love that.
    The way it SHOULD be, but it certainly isn't...hope it works out for the victim.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Somebody shoots me and then decides to run and he thinks I'm not gonna stop him,In Tx he's a fleeing felon and If I got anything to say about it he's just gonna die tired
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Somebody shoots me and then decides to run and he thinks I'm not gonna stop him,In Tx he's a fleeing felon and If I got anything to say about it he's just gonna die tired
    Same in Utah, take him down if you can without endangering anyone else.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links