Another shooting range suicide

This is a discussion on Another shooting range suicide within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This hits close to home for me. I was there on Tuesday to look at some of thier overpriced stuff that I didn't buy. Woman ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This hits close to home for me. I was there on Tuesday to look at some of thier overpriced stuff that I didn't buy.

Woman dies of apparent suicide at firing range - Salt Lake Tribune

Murray » A woman in her early 20s died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound at the Get Some Guns and Ammo firing range Wednesday evening.

It appears to have been a suicide, said Detective Aaron Jones of the Murray Police Department. The woman was alone at the firing range, located at 6651 S. State Street.

--Sheena McFarland
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

I can't imagine how things get so bad in the 20"s that you feel death is a better option and most females rarely use a violent means to commit suicide
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

why would you commit suiside in a public location like that! ugh, thats horrible. suiside is a terrible thing, obviously for the person doing it, but also for those who have to stay behind and deal with it after. :-/
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Tragic. Becoming more common than ever. It may get to the point where no range will offer any firearms for rent or sale of ammo for fear of the suicidal person.

I hope the anti's don't jump on this, adding it to their already tired argument over gun confistication.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I wonder if it was a rented weapon? It's a real shame that someone that young would do such a thing, there are solutions for about any problem if you look for them. I wonder how familiar this individual was with the weapon they were using? Sad state of affairs!

Unfortunately there are a lot of variables that are not in that news blirp. Either way it was something that didn't need to happen.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we can’t allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

WHAT was SO bad?!?

What a selfish waste. Way too tragic.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Here's one of the comments below the story. Sheds a litle more light on this tragedy.

I knew this girl, it was a suicide...her husband had killed himself about 3 years ago and she had been depressed ever since. I do feel bad that she did it at a range in front of people, but I believe that sometimes when people are that deep in depression obviously they are not thinking clearly. She will be missed greatly, she was a great friend to everyone who knew her.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Makes one wonder, how many such incidents were partly (or entirely?) motivated by gun hatred.

I mean, perhaps I am way off base here, but I just wonder...
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    why would you commit suiside in a public location like that! ugh, thats horrible. suiside is a terrible thing, obviously for the person doing it, but also for those who have to stay behind and deal with it after. :-/
    If you do it at home, the most likely people to find you will be family or friends. Not that it wouldn't be traumatic for the stranger working the range.
    Plus, if you live alone, you might not be found for quite awhile.

A lot of pain for many families...such a permanent solution for a temporary problem is very hard to understand.
    I think that there have been 4-5 of these reported on DC in the last year or two.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMI View Post

It appears to have been a suicide, said Detective Aaron Jones of the Murray Police Department.

--Sheena McFarland
    Must not have been a blonde.

Sorry...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

My sister and I were talking about this, she said she remembers hearing for the first time in (90-Columbine) about the going to a pawn shop and shooting themselves. I would think most people (sheep as some are known) dont know much about guns so they have no idea what ammo to buy or what magazine. Also possibly they dont have the gun on display at the pawnshop they are going to. Simple would be to goto a gun range get a gun, ammo (because thats what you do at a range right) and shoot yourself.

Honestly I feel bad for the people around when someone shoots themselves and the family those "suicidees" are leaving behind.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

many of the gun ranges around here won't rent a gun to a single person because of the threat of suicide. You must have at least 2 people in your group.
    Sig P220
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun!

I remember this from a few months back. I had been in there myself just days prior. When I first started reading I was thinking ..."seriously, another at this same range" But then I noticed the article was from April...same one...thank goodness. It's a very sad thing. This particular range actually has a pretty comprehensive form that specifically asks if you are depressed or suicidal...not that anyone who fits that description is going to answer honestly. Too bad...hate to see it in places I visit. Yes, SAMI, their stuff is overpriced...but I found my CBOB there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links