Good: Detroit Good Samaritan stops bank robber

This is a discussion on Good: Detroit Good Samaritan stops bank robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; YouTube - TheArmedCitizen's Channel He uses his CCW to stop a fleeing bank robber and the Detroit Police Chief gives him a certificate of appreciation! ...

VIP Member

YouTube - TheArmedCitizen's Channel

He uses his CCW to stop a fleeing bank robber and the Detroit Police Chief gives him a certificate of appreciation!

None of the usual "citizens shouldn't get involved" bs. Kudos to this guy. If more people step up to the plate, crime will go down.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Hoorah Michael Farrow.

Yeah! One for the good guys!

I agree that it is a good thing. However it seems to me this guy got lucky that he is not facing legal repercussions. In my state it is illegal to draw on someone unless you are in fear of great bodily harm. I hardly think that a man running away would fall into that catagory.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    I agree that it is a good thing. However it seems to me this guy got lucky that he is not facing legal repercussions. In my state it is illegal to draw on someone unless you are in fear of great bodily harm. I hardly think that a man running away would fall into that catagory.
    I thought the same thing when I saw it on the news.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Yes, this is good but I would not have stepped up if the guy is running away. I will call 911 and follow at a safe distance if I am able and give as much info to dispatch.

DM2
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    Yes, this is good but I would not have stepped up if the guy is running away. I will call 911 and follow at a safe distance if I am able and give as much info to dispatch.
    I saw an interview with this guy with the police chief when this happened and the citizen stated that his intent was to just follow the suspect and provide the police with info, but when the suspect saw him following him, he thought he was a police officer and raised his hands saying "okay you got me". He then held him for the police. I'm sure if there were shots fired this might have a very different outcome. But I guess this is one where we can say all is well that ends well.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

VIP Member
    In this town, In this day and age, I would be checking my SIX, every 2 seconds, looking for his buds
    Good for him though.
    They need to put the perp behind bars for life, as a habitual offender,,,
    Get these scumbag, Knuckledraggers off our streets for good

Liberals are like Slinkies…Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    Must suck to live in your state. Glad our States laws are geared to protect the citizen and our property not the criminal and their crimes
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

My first thought upon watching the video; Is his shirt untucked like that as some manner to be a cover garment for his gun & spare ammo?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Obviously not Detroit, but Utah just recently clarified the law books to allow CFP holders to draw their firearm in hopes to deescalate a bad situation. This is to take away pressure/doubt of legal repercussions such as a brandishing charge after the event.

Even with this new verbage, I still firmly believe that a firearm should not be cleared from the holster unless there is a viable threat to human life/well being.

I'm happy to see the gun climate is a healthy realtionship between Police Chief and CFP holders in Detroit.. My Brother in law is moving his family up there in the next few weeks.
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Congrats to Mr. Farrow...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links