BAD: Man arrested [good] for trying to make citizen's arrest [bad] (WA)

BAD: Man arrested [good] for trying to make citizen's arrest [bad] (WA)

This is a discussion on BAD: Man arrested [good] for trying to make citizen's arrest [bad] (WA) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Is there a secret Mall Ninja academy out there somewhere that we haven't heard of yet? Some people just should not be allowed to carry ...

Thread: BAD: Man arrested [good] for trying to make citizen's arrest [bad] (WA)

Thumbs down BAD: Man arrested [good] for trying to make citizen's arrest [bad] (WA)

Is there a secret Mall Ninja academy out there somewhere that we haven't heard of yet? Some people just should not be allowed to carry a gun.

No word yet whether this tool was a CPL holder. If so, I wonder if he had to give up his badge and sash, too.

Man arrested in Marysville for trying to make citizen's arrest

By Jackson Holtz

Herald Writer

MARYSVILLE – A Redmond man who tried to make a citizen’s arrest in Marysville on Thursday was himself arrested for threatening people with a gun.

Police believe the man, 27, used a gun to stop a man he believed was stealing movies from a video rental store

When police arrived the man was pointing a gun at people inside a car, according to a police affidavit filed Friday in Everett District Court. The man allegedly pointed a gun at a woman’s head when she got out of the car. He ordered her to the ground.

The man was booked into the Snohomish County Jail for investigation of second-degree assault.

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are cunning and you sleep with your mouth open.

Bye, bye permit...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wow!!! Stupid!!!!
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

From the story, he didn't appear to be in imminent danger of death or grievous bodily harm so his actions were unjustified. How often has it been said on this forum? Be a good witness. Call 911. Provide a description and plate number if you can do so without endangering yourself.

But but but I have a right...If you don't try to stop criminals then they'll just keep on taking and ruin the whole country n' stuff!!

- Clueless
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    But but but I have a right...If you don't try to stop criminals then they'll just keep on taking and ruin the whole country n' stuff!!

- Clueless
    Janq made a funny!!!!

Janq

I wasn't sure you had it in ya buddy!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yep, that misdemeanor shoplifting has got to stop! What a Nimrod!

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I wonder if he pulled out his CCW badge and said, "Stop in the name of the permit"
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I wonder if he pulled out his CCW badge and said, "Stop in the name of the permit"
    Don't bash the authority of a citizens arrest, that is an important aspect of our society. But yeah, this heavy handed tactic for such a minor offense is entirely uncalled for. Glad he's arrested, too bad it's after putting others in mortal peril.

What did he expect to do if they didn't comply? Are you really going to shoot someone because you suspect they stole a copy of "Dude, where's my car?"
    Crime should be outlawed.

Gun for stealing a video ??? Headline : "Ninja Mall Cop on the loose in Video Store"

He better have a good argument that after he confronted them and did a citizens arrest, that threats and other actions prompted him to believe his life was in danger......

or, he's in t-r-o-u-b-l-e.

HOWEVER, I believe citizen arrests are only allowed on felonies in most states.

Did he think it was necessary to protect the stores video's for them ?

what a tool.
    and in my neck of the woods too.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    What a tool.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I see stupid people...they're everywhere...and they don't even realize they're stupid.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    When I went through Corrections Academy they told us of one ambitious newly minted CO who took his diploma, got a gun and went out on the city streets of Richmond, VA attempting to write tickets to motorists as they passed by.

Some people just don't pay attention in class. Others live in a fantasy world.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Wow!

All I can say is, "you can't fix stupid."
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Sponsored Links