Bad : Third Time Bank Robbed

This is a discussion on Bad : Third Time Bank Robbed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is crazy. Getting to be just a regular event. I'm glad that I don't bank here. I can imagine the feelings of the workers ...

Thread: Bad : Third Time Bank Robbed

Bad : Third Time Bank Robbed

This is crazy. Getting to be just a regular event. I'm glad that I don't bank here. I can imagine the feelings of the workers and customers about now.

Peoples Bank robbed again

April 17, 2010 @ 11:55 PM

CHRISTIAN ALEXANDERSEN

The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON,WV -- The Peoples Bank on 20th Street was robbed at gunpoint Saturday for the third time in less than two months, and the hold-up man's description was very similar to the earlier robberies.

Huntington Police Detective Chris Sperry said the robbery took place about 10:15 a.m. at the branch at 1126 20th St. The robber was described as a white male wearing a hooded sweatshirt, black ski mask, gloves and sunglasses. He entered the bank, showed a handgun and demanded money.

Sperry said the bank employees handed over an undisclosed amount of cash. The suspect left the bank and fled east toward the alleyway behind the bank. Sperry said K-9 units from HPD aided in the search for the man, but no one was found.

Sperry said it is too early in the investigation to determine if the same man is responsible for all three robberies, but the suspect's description and method were similar.

The Peoples Bank branch was robbed on March 2 and again on March 26. No arrest has been made in either robbery. Following the March 26 robbery, Mark Bradley, president and chief executive officer of Peoples Bank, offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the apprehension, arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for the robbery.

Bradley previously said bank officials were planning to increase the security presence in the bank immediately. Bradley would not go into detail about what new security measures will be taken by the corporation following the March 26 robbery.

In the March 26 robbery, the suspect was described as white man between 5-foot 7-inches and 5-foot 10-inches tall, weighing 150 to 175 pounds and wearing a gray hoodie, dark gloves, blue neoprene ski mask, blue jeans and tennis or running shoes.

The suspect in the March 2 robbery was described as a white male, between 5-foot-5-inches and 5-foot-10-inches tall, medium build and dressed in a green hooded zipped sweat shirt, blue jeans and aviator sunglasses. The man brandished a blue steel handgun to a teller and received an undisclosed amount of cash. He then fled on foot.

Another robbery occurred at the bank on June 8, 2009. A 39-year-old Huntington man was arrested about two weeks later and indicted last fall on charges of committing that robbery as well as robbing two convenience stores and a restaurant.

Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the Huntington Police Department Criminal Investigations Bureau at 304-696-4420.
    Peoples Bank robbed again - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Will he start getting the frequent customer benefits?

Links