Militia movement's heroes will be packing heat at rally on the Potomac - Page 3

Militia movement's heroes will be packing heat at rally on the Potomac

This is a discussion on Militia movement's heroes will be packing heat at rally on the Potomac within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Holger: "Someone, a Democratic donor, shoots (!) a bullet into Eric Cantor's office" Just for the sake of accuracy, all we know is that a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VIP Member
    Holger: "Someone, a Democratic donor, shoots (!) a bullet into Eric Cantor's office"

Just for the sake of accuracy, all we know is that a bullet went through his window. The police never asserted that they knew who did it, or that it was a democratic donor. They said it was random.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Perhaps I overstated my position. At this point in time, I think an armed demonstration or protest in D.C. would be counter productive to the cause of gun rights. However, I do believe the constitution gives us the right to replace a destructive government and is justifiably vague as to the means to bring it about. Elections, of course would be the preferred way. That being said, recent history has shown that the same liberal democrats who are responsible for the ruin of Social Security, the collapse of the mortgage system, the arbitrary bail out debacle, the constitutionally questionable Health Care Plan and others, are re-elected with impunity. If this weren't enough, partisan politics has brought complete and utter gridlock and chaos to our system of checks and balances.
    While the stock market seems to be recovering, financially savvy people can see no long term reason for it to continue and another collapse would seem imminent. The industrial might that made this country great is mostly outsourced to foreign countries because of lower costs and fewer environmental restrictions. We have become a nation of middle men, our once busy factories reduced to store houses filled with products from China, India and Korea, waiting to be shipped to Wal-mart. What few manufacturing jobs remain, are filled by minimum wage earners and illegals who over load social services far more than they contribute.
    Does this justify armed insurrection? Not to me....yet. You see, I'm old. I'm retired. My wife and I live comfortably on our pension and social security. Our children are grown and self- supporting. But, another burp in the economy could wipe out our pension and social security. We could lose our home and our means of support that we worked and paid taxes for 35 years. Does this give me reason to be angry and frustrated? Hell yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    "Beam me down Scotty" of Ohio, I can't remember the goof's name but he got 8 years in the Federal Big House
    James Traficant. Quite a colorful character: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Traficant
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

Quote Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
    No offense, but if complaining about the way things are on a message board is considered patriotic, I'll continue to be a sheep.

There are other options out there. Continuously voting in corrupt politicians, or blowing up federal buildings are not the only options available to us. If you think otherwise I'd suggest getting your vision corrected, because you are seeing nothing but red.
    I agree there are other options. I do not understand why you would discount one of the most powerful though? Print is a very powerful weapon. Why do you think that those in power have for centuries tried to prevent its use by those they disagree with?

When we broke away from our government and formed a new one men were hanged for the content of their papers. We now consider those who wrote those documents to have been both heroes and patriots.
    People have been sentenced to death for reading and writing before. Governments have known for centuries that knowledge is power and have taken measures to control it. Why do you think that the printing press has been considered by many to be one of if not the most powerful tool ever invented?

The Internet is the printing press of our day. It allows you to much good if you use it wisely. Voting is good but it is only one vote. Voting and using these message boards, letters to the editor and other means to influence others can mean many votes.

Michael

VIP Member

+1 mlr1m

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I agree there are other options. I do not understand why you would discount one of the most powerful though? Print is a very powerful weapon. Why do you think that those in power have for centuries tried to prevent its use by those they disagree with?

(Deleted stuff for brevity)

The Internet is the printing press of our day. It allows you to much good if you use it wisely. Voting is good but it is only one vote. Voting and using these message boards, letters to the editor and other means to influence others can mean many votes.

Michael
    Indeed. And one reason I object to so many claiming we live in tyranny and oppression is the fact that we are all perfectly safe here.
    No one is banging on Bumper's door.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Holger: "Someone, a Democratic donor, shoots (!) a bullet into Eric Cantor's office"

Just for the sake of accuracy, all we know is that a bullet went through his window. The police never asserted that they knew who did it, or that it was a democratic donor. They said it was random.
    You are correct. In my haste, I mixed up the office affair with the man arrested for threatening to kill Cantor. The man, Norman Leboon, donated to Obama's campaign. I apologize for the mistake.

Man arrested for Eric Cantor death threat - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links