Why?

Why?

This is a discussion on Why? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just opened my browser to my home page, which happens to be MSN.com The first headline that popped up was something about 15 years ...

Thread: Why?

Why?

I just opened my browser to my home page, which happens to be

MSN.com

The first headline that popped up was something about 15 years after the attack, and mentioned tapes. I clicked on it, and it took me to a video that has some McVeigh recordings.

Something like 15 years after the attack on the federal building in OK, and 9 years after his execution, why does the media now want his sorry self to be heard on TV and post his filth on the 'net?

This is disgusting IMO, and will only serve to motivate others who may be as psycho as he was. There is NO purpose other than to fuel the anti movement, and that became obvious when I listened to the comments by the "reporter".

The man was obviously somewhat less than a normal human, died without any remorse for his actions, and I don't need to hear anything he might have to say for himself.

It's not my place to judge him, but I don't want to hear him, either. I just wish the sorry MSNBC news media would look beyond their goal of making a buck by publicizine and perhaps glorifying him to those who may be like minded.

He does not deserve to be heard.

Daryl

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I guess they have nothing better to report? Remember the media will write crap (good, bad and other) if they think they can make a buck.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I for one think he does deserve to be heard, not because his actions were just or even sane. But as an aid to help us prevent tragedies like this in the future. Simply pretending that this never happened, and won't happen again will not stop another home grown terrorist from taking American lives. Not to mention it's covered under our first amendment, which is the same reason you can still go out and find the Turner Diaries which was one of the books that gave Mcveigh his ideas.

I'd also like to point out that one of the main ladies on MSNBC was on the daily show a month or so ago and talked about this. It's been known for awhile they'd be releasing these tapes.

ntg
    WHY? The media will do anything to get readership. They don't care how. They'll put any and all crap out there just to get $$$. It's about greed. The whole deal is sad.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

I for one think he does deserve to be heard, not because his actions were just or even sane. But as an aid to help us prevent tragedies like this in the future.
    I'm pretty sure law enforcement has seen and evaluated it for any helpful info that might be able to use.

For the general public, I'm 100% against publicizing and glorifying criminal activity. The more they do it, the more people with questionable sanity get ideas from it.

I do not question 1st amendment rights; I only question the reasons for bringing it up 15 years after the fact. Seems to me it would have been less glorifying to show it at the time of his execution.

Daryl

Administrator
    Why?...you ask.

The 4th Estate Has Become The 5th Column. <~~~Google it.

That's why.

I for one will be watching these tapes/recordings. I don't make it a habit of watching MSNBC, but I'll make an exception in this case.

I hope to gain a little insight into why an all American kid, who proudly served his country, became so jaded with our government that he thought the only conclusion was to blow up that building.

And if it is any consolation, I will probably tivo it and skip thru the commercials.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by DarylW View Post
    I'm pretty sure law enforcement has seen and evaluated it for any helpful info that might be able to use.

For the general public, I'm 100% against publicizing and glorifying criminal activity. The more they do it, the more people with questionable sanity get ideas from it.

I do not question 1st amendment rights; I only question the reasons for bringing it up 15 years after the fact. Seems to me it would have been less glorifying to show it at the time of his execution.

Daryl
    What are they glorifying? If you actually listen to it, it's quite clear that he's deranged. There's nothing in it that condones or even promotes what he did. And if anyone takes queues from it they're realistically so mentally unbalanced that an episode of The Simpsons would push them into doing acts of violence.

I agree now may not be the best time to have chosen to air it, but that seems to be more of an editorial decision than anything.

It's their Constitutional right to do this and it'll go down in history.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Sponsored Links