Anyone following this mess?

This is a discussion on Anyone following this mess? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; YouTube - Ersland Charged With Murder in Pharmacy Shooting I guess the trial is in June.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone following this mess?

This is the first I heard of this, but you're right - what a mess! First of all, I think he would have been 100% totally justified if he had shot the one guy and then called the police. But to follow the other guy out of the store shooting at him was a big no-no. And then to come back into the store and shoot the first guy 5 more times. This is NOT GOOD!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

He crossed the line when he went back and shot the guy five more times. Also, when he chased the first guy out the door and fired twice as the guy ran away. No need to keep shooting when the threat is gone.

That guy is going to get convicted. There is no doubt that he crossed the line there. I would think the best the defense could do would be to plead down to manslaughter or something unless they somehow go for an under duress type of defense. Personally, I don't buy it since he came back in, got a different gun, and then finished the guy off.

Shooting down the street is probably reckless endangerment as well.

I think this has had some extensive chatter on this site before. In any case this guy is in a heap of trouble.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

I would say running after the one outside was a bad idea. But excessive I don't know.. Would i have fired the five follow up shots? no.. If I were a 60 year old crippled, I think I would keep shooting till everyone stopped moving. But I can't say for sure, I'm not 60 or crippled.

I saw another video of him drawing but I can't find it again. This guy draws, high ready, fires, high ready again. Like he's shooting at paper, looks like no stress. I bet lots and lots of training and/or practice. My guess is a head shot with a p3at is not luck.

woooo buddy.....giving chase and serving that cold street justice was not the way to go.....

Then going all dirty hairy on the unconscious unarmed kid......wooooweee they are going to crucify him
    guns rule

There have been multiple threads on this of great duration and discussion.
    Run a search on his name.

He is guilty of murder one; The taking of human life with intent and by pre-meditation (prior thought).

He'd have been a okay justified if he had not come back with a reload and shot the then nullified NON-threat as he did, the second time.

Instead he burned himself royally as even if there had not been video to show this _very clearly_ he still would be toast thanks to the angle that he fired on the collapsed and unconscious human being. Any 5th grader who watches CSI would have been able to figure out the shots were wrong.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    There have been multiple threads on this of great duration and discussion.
    Run a search on his name.

He is guilty of murder one; The taking of human life with intent and by pre-meditation (prior thought).

He'd have been a okay justified if he had not come back with a reload and shot the then nullified NON-threat as he did, the second time.

Instead he burned himself royally as even if there had not been video to show this _very clearly_ he still would be toast thanks to the angle that he fired on the collapsed and unconscious human being. Any 5th grader who watches CSI would have been able to figure out the shots were wrong.

- Janq
    +1

If he would have stopped at the first shot he would have been home free, but what he did was murder. A very good argument can be made for premeditated murder. Shame on him.

If the jury doesn't come back with a guilty verdict something has seriously gone wrong with justice down in OK.
    Proud Lady Blue Dog

Ersland made some very serious errors in judgement. He is in deep trouble although I do not think a jury would find him guilty of first degree murder. There may be a plea bargain, manslaughter most likely.

The video:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Erslands attorneys only job in this trail is to mitigate the amount of time Ersland is going to spend in jail.

What a huge mistake he made by shooting the kid 5 times. otherwise this would have been a non-issue
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

He was ok with the first shot, should have called 911 after that. He's going to have quite awhile to think this one over I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    Erslands attorneys only job in this trail is to mitigate the amount of time Ersland is going to spend in jail.

What a huge mistake he made by shooting the kid 5 times. otherwise this would have been a non-issue
    He may have made a mistake but it wasn't a kid he shot, it was an armed robber.

16=kid
    Proud Lady Blue Dog

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    He may have made a mistake but it wasn't a kid he shot, it was an armed robber.
    The first shot, yes...the 5 additional shots NO!

I don't care who is laying on the floor unconscious you DO NOT need to shoot them.

I wouldn't hesitate to lock him up and throw away the key. Heck, the death penalty may not be too far fetched. Shooting an unconscious kid laying on the floor 5 times is inexcusable! This man does not deserve any sympathy.

On top of shooting the kid laying on the floor, he chased the other robber down the street, firing two shots that undoubtedly endangered innocent people.
    [/RANT]
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links