But I thought he hated guns......

This is a discussion on But I thought he hated guns...... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was reading the paper from home today and I came across a story about NY's fine mayor. He likes to visit the island as ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: But I thought he hated guns......

But I thought he hated guns......

I was reading the paper from home today and I came across a story about NY's fine mayor. He likes to visit the island as often as he can. He owns an estate there......and he travels with an two armed cops!!! Are you kiddin me?!?!?!?!?!

Here is the link to the story from the Royal Gazette:

The Royal Gazette

And from the Times:

New York?s Mayor, but Bermuda Shares Custody - NYTimes.com

The mayor also takes along a police detail when he travels, flying two officers on his private plane and paying as much as $400 a night to put them up at a hotel near his house; the city pays their wages while they are there, as it does whether Mr. Bloomberg is New York or not. Guns are largely forbidden in Bermuda — even most police officers do not use them — but the mayor’s guards have special permission to carry weapons. A spokesman for the Police Department declined to comment.

2. Remove Ads

Typical
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

What a hypocrite!

He must be related to rosie o'donnell.

Piece of garbage....thanks Mr Mayor. Stay out of Virginia...or, come back and play your games again...I would love to see your new jewelery and mug shot as you're put in lock-up.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Agreed ep1953, definitely related to Rosie the Round.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

His response and those who would defend him is that he is the mayor of NY...And he is one of the worlds wealthiest persons and so by those two factors alone his degree of 'value' as a person of interest and threat is high and with that a need for his security.

Everyone else they are just normal people.
    Normal people have little to nothing to worry about as they can simply dial 911...

- Sarah Brady
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    That would put him right up there with another, "do as I say, not as I do", jerk. Al Gore.

No, he really doesn't hate guns, he actually likes guns, the ones in the hands of his bodyguards that is.

Now he really hates guns in the hands of private law-abiding citizens.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

You all sound surprised!

This is a guy who changed political parties (from which to which doesn't matter) just to get re-elected, then ram-rodded a new NYC statute through which eliminated the 2-term limit for mayor.

Clearly, a man who stands up for his principles. Principles du jour.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I personally do not see a problem with this. He is a high risk target. Some of you think Obama wants to take away our guns but yet he is surrounded by them for his protection.

As a high risk target does he not deserve the right to be properly protected because he is anti-gun?

Mr. Mayor =
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    I personally do not see a problem with this. He is a high risk target. Some of you think Obama wants to take away our guns but yet he is surrounded by them for his protection.

As a high risk target does he not deserve the right to be properly protected because he is anti-gun?
    As a high risk target he deserves to be protected, as a low risk target I deserve to be protected.

He deserves the right to be protected not one bit more than you or I!

If you intended sarcasm and I failed to detect it, my apology!

Some animals are more equal than others huh?

What irks me is this: he spends a few weekends on the island with armed guards. NYPD has no jurisdiction so they are just guards, while those that live on the island can't even carry a blade!! No one on the island is worried about that man!! I am in more danger walking to Church from my Nana's house than he is eating at Greg's or in his house at Tuckers Point (that's a whole other issue). If my family have to place their lives in the hands of BPD so should he!!!

I will address this with one simple response.

He knows information about the workings of our Government that none of you do. He is the Mayor of a major city. You are not. He is worth much more than I am when it comes to obtaining sensitive information.

If the bad people torture me what are the going to learn about the workings of NYC? I'm worthless to the people that desire to do great harm, he is not.

Yes, he deserves to be protected a lot more than your average citizen. He knows more than your average citizen. Some people deserve a higher right of personal protection because of who they are. I don't have a problem with that.

Do you people really want this man to fall into the hands of those that want to harm defenseless citizens? If you do, so be it. Personally, I don't want that to happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links