Anytime, anybody, any where

This is a discussion on Anytime, anybody, any where within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 'Andy Griffith Show' actress robbed in 'Mayberry'; Carroll Co. suspect arrested - Roanoke.com 'Andy Griffith Show' actress robbed in 'Mayberry'; Carroll Co. suspect arrested Associated ...

Thread: Anytime, anybody, any where

VIP Member

'Andy Griffith Show' actress robbed in 'Mayberry'; Carroll Co. suspect arrested - Roanoke.com

'Andy Griffith Show' actress robbed in 'Mayberry'; Carroll Co. suspect arrested
    Associated Press

MOUNT AIRY, N.C. -- The actress who played Thelma Lou on "The Andy Griffith Show" was robbed in the town that inspired the show's idyllic Mayberry setting, after moving to the area to avoid big city crime.

Betty Lou Lynn had her wallet stolen at a shopping center in Mount Airy, the birthplace of Andy Griffith.

The Mount Airy News reports that police arrested Shirley Walter Guynn, of Cana in Carroll County. He's being held in Surry County Jail on a $10,000 bond. It was not immediately clear Thursday if he has a lawyer.

In an earlier interview with the newspaper, the 83-year-old Lynn said she moved to Mount Airy after being robbed three times in Los Angeles.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Crime and criminals are everywhere people.

The only thing about moving from an urban area (city or suburb) to a rural area is a reduction in the number of people by population total. That is all.
    There are criminals and crime among small towns as there are in larger ones and cities too.

Surprise.

- Janq a city kid now living in a quiet rural NE town, where there are _exact_ same types of crime including murder
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Stay safe keep eyes wide open a heads up

Obviously his parents fault for naming him Shirley.....
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

VIP Member

Boy named...

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    Obviously his parents fault for naming him Shirley.....
    Shirley? Sue? What's the difference?

FWIIW -- I have a female cousin named John who married a guy named Francis. Bit of confusion there from time-to-time.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

One things for sure...his cell mate's probably going to slap him around and call him Shirley...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Thelma Lou needs some OC spray and a snubbie...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

And she shouldn't just carry a bullet in her pocket.

PC

Sponsored Links