Ugly: Man Shot Was Protecting Family

This is a discussion on Ugly: Man Shot Was Protecting Family within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Son: Man Shot Was Protecting Family - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- The son of an Orange Park man shot ...

Thread: Ugly: Man Shot Was Protecting Family

Ugly: Man Shot Was Protecting Family

Son: Man Shot Was Protecting Family - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville
    ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- The son of an Orange Park man shot and killed Wednesday afternoon said his dad was just protecting his family.

Robert Webster, 63, a Vietnam veteran, died from a gunshot wound to his chest after deputies said he and Charles Ingram, 57, shot each other. Ingram, who was shot in the head, remains hospitalized in critical condition.

Detectives said the two men had a verbal argument and shot at each other several times in the street on Aurora Boulevard. Neighbors said Ingram was already armed when he approached Webster in his driveway, and when they began to argue, Webster went for his gun and the two began shooting.

Tim Webster, Robert Webster's son, said he blames the Clay County Sheriff's Office for not looking into complaints raised against Ingram, who deputies said has shot an unleashed dog in the neighborhood and had other incidents with dogs but did not shoot them.

Neighbors also said Ingram, who's a Clay County Sheriff citizen volunteer, walked around brandishing his weapon and intimidating people.

Neighbor Terri Coburn thought a dog had been injured when she heard the gunshots because she said Ingram had shot the unleashed dog in the past. Coburn believes Ingram was never reprimanded for his actions by sheriff's deputies because of his volunteer position with the sheriff's office.

The sheriff's office said the actions came before he became a citizen volunteer, however.

"I ran down there and heard Julie screaming, and the closer I got, I realized it wasn't a dog he shot but her husband," Coburn said. "I told them I begged them for years, but they all thought I was being stupid because all I complained about was him shooting animals. That wasn't worth it to anyone. Now they're doing something, or maybe they'll do something."

Webster's son said the shooting could have been prevented.

"He went out standing up for himself and his family," he said. "That's what you have to do nowadays because the police aren't going to do it for you, and it's a [EDIT] shame it had to get to this level. He was a good man."
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

If he survives, will Ingram face charges? Sounds like it...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links