This is what I came home to today

This is a discussion on This is what I came home to today within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I arrived home early today. About 10 minutes after arriving, the neighborhood was surrounded by police Detroit and State. Michigan State Police helicopters were flying ...

Thread: This is what I came home to today

This is what I came home to today

I arrived home early today. About 10 minutes after arriving, the neighborhood was surrounded by police Detroit and State. Michigan State Police helicopters were flying just above the tree tops. When I let the dogs out, I thought the helicopter was going to land in my driveway because it was so close to the rooftops.

I'm really glad they caught him. This park area is literally 1/2 block from my house.

UPDATE: 2nd Woman Found; Abduction Suspect Arrested - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit

DETROIT -- Local 4 has learned that a man who police said abducted two women on Detroit's west side and assaulted them is now in police custody.

A woman who was believed to be abducted by the man was also found with him. Police said she is in fair condition.

A manhunt was launched at about 4 p.m. Thursday after a 24-year-old woman was found in a park near Shaftsbury and Pembrooke roads, police said, just two blocks away from Henry Ford High School, with her throat slashed.

The woman was taken to an area hospital and is in critical condition, but she did tell police that her attacker had another female victim with him.

Michigan State Police helicopters hovered over the wooded area and police said they quickly set up a perimeter and checked inside of nearby residences.

Local 4 has learned that the alleged abductor and his victim, who is in her 20s, were found in a home a few blocks from where the first victim was found.

The second victim told police the man sexually assaulted her. There is no word on her condition.

Detroit Police Chief Warren Evans said the first victim helped tremendously in the investigation.

"For someone injured as badly as she was, she has done a good job of giving us the best description she has," said Evans.

Near where the first victim was found, investigators said they discovered evidence including a box cutter and bloody clothing.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

2. Remove Ads

That's scary stuff. I had a similar incident several years ago with police looking for an escaped convict in a barn about 500 yards behind our house. The whirly bird scared a bear out of the woods beside our house...but they didn't find the convict for a few days.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

He slashed the throat of the 1st victim.

That's probably what he had in mind for the 2nd.

And the 3rd, and the 4th, and the 5th... until he was either killed or caught.

Way too close for comfort, DM2.

I'm guessing no one needs to encourage you to be armed.

You just never know what may go on in your neighborhood. People are just freaking going off the deep end these days. Makes you wonder.

Good that they caught the guy. Now lets hope the pansy court system don't just slap him on the wrist and let him spend a short time in jail for his crime.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    He slashed the throat of the 1st victim.

That's probably what he had in mind for the 2nd.

And the 3rd, and the 4th, and the 5th... until he was either killed or caught.

Way too close for comfort, DM2.

I'm guessing no one needs to encourage you to be armed.

Way too close indeed!! Stay armed everyone. You just never know when the evils of this world will cross your path.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    That is why I pack heavy in the D
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I pack heat all the time too.

But, I live in Texas and you never know when your going to meet a snake or coyote that needs to be put down.

AzB
    Glad they got him.

I came home from work one day and was walking the dog, and saw many cop cars driving all over the place. Then the helicopters came.

It wasn't until later that evening that I found out that Brian Nichols was holed up about 150 yds from my house.

Brian Nichols - Atlanta Courthouse Killer Brian Nichols
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Not good, should be shown to every female in the area who likes to take a walk ..... in the neighborhood, park, etc....

Crazy stuff, all the time, anywhere! You just never know, do ya?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Anywhere.......Anytime!!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Unfortunately, all this guy can get is life in prison.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That's crazy. I'd lock all my doors and windows, load the biggest guns in my house and lean them on the wall next to my recliner where I'd be sitting watching the news.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

That's insane...literally. Glad my wife just got her permit. Time to train, train, train.

Should have turned on your scanner when you noticed the activity. I don't ever open doors until I know WHY my neighborhood is covered by the authorities AND that they've caught whom ever they sought. Thankfully my local LEA hasn't gone fully digital encrypted.

Regardless, ain't no dern way I would've opened the door with a ghetto bird hovering almost over my home...
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Links