Teacher Caught On Video Stealing From Lockers

Teacher Caught On Video Stealing From Lockers

This is a discussion on Teacher Caught On Video Stealing From Lockers within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Video Reveals Teacher Stealing From Lockers - Central Florida News 13 I do not agree with what I posted below. A student took action because ...

Thread: Teacher Caught On Video Stealing From Lockers

Post Teacher Caught On Video Stealing From Lockers

Video Reveals Teacher Stealing From Lockers - Central Florida News 13

I do not agree with what I posted below. A student took action because students where tired of being robbed.

A school spokesman said it's possible the student who recorded the cell phone video could get in trouble as well because students are not supposed to use their phones during the day.

This dirtbag needs to lose his job, his teaching certificate, and his retirement...no excuses!

The kid with the phone, not a problem as he was trying to protect the belongings of his peers.

I understand these kinds of employee problems...been there, done that, got the T-shirt. I was on the firing end!
    When it comes to betraying the trust of students, there are no second chances.

This guy will leave a mark on teachers for years to come...sad!

Perhaps I'll tell you all how I really feel about this some day.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Well, clearly that student needs to be dealt with. I hope he's at least suspended pending the outcome of a thorough investigation. Unauthorized cell phone use. Outrageous!

Seriously, though, I expect someone will be along to talk about how this kind of thing only happens because we don't pay our teachers more.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Seriously. Back in the 90s, I spent 3.5 years working in a prison, as a teacher. My "students" who could be categorized as "hard core" criminals, came in two basic flavors; those who never held a real job, and those that did. Out of those who had real jobs, they were almost exclusively truck drivers, carpenters, LEO or LEO-like individuals, Ministers and Teachers.

Teachers do not put on some sort of cloak of righteousness when they go to work. And, yes, I'm also sure someone will eventually be along to talk about how teachers are saints, and can do no wrong. There's always someone who feels that way on internet forums.

Since we're eventually going to go there anyway, I believe that because teaching is a gov't/unionized thing, bad teachers are overpaid and good teachers tend to be underpaid. Fix the union/gov't monopoly on teaching, and you'll see a better balance.

No good deed goes unpunished, going after the student is the least of the school's worries in a situation like this.

So for how long he's been doing it is felony levels of total cash, and at least misdemeanor levels this year.

There are bad apples in every basket!

You just need to find them and deal with them.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    Video Reveals Teacher Stealing From Lockers - Central Florida News 13

I do not agree with what I posted below. A student took action because students where tired of being robbed.

A school spokesman said it's possible the student who recorded the cell phone video could get in trouble as well because students are not supposed to use their phones during the day.
    This is the same kind of BS thinking(?) that happens in NY and Chicago when a homeowner is charged with illegal possession of a gun after defending himself in his own home.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    .....So for how long he's been doing it is felony levels of total cash, and at least misdemeanor levels this year.
    I had to look that one up, it's $300 in FL.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    If you ask 100 people on the street if their underpaid, you'll get 100 people that say "heck yah" we are. It's called "Integrity", some have it, some don't.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Administrator
    "A school spokesman said it's possible the student who recorded the cell phone video could get in trouble as well because students are not supposed to use their phones during the day."

Students are not permitted to use their phones during school.
    But, he was not using his phone.
    He was using a video camera which happens to be a separate function of his phone totally unrelated to making or receiving a phone call.

Sponsored Links