Yikes...a REAL census taker this time...

This is a discussion on Yikes...a REAL census taker this time... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Census Worker Charged With Raping Disabled Woman" At least he was dumb as a box of rocks so it made it easy to catch the ...

Thread: Yikes...a REAL census taker this time...

"Census Worker Charged With Raping Disabled Woman"
    At least he was dumb as a box of rocks so it made it easy to catch the nasty bugger.
    "Police said Miller left his clothing, including his wallet with driver's license, on the bedroom floor of the victim's bedroom."

Census Worker Charged With Raping Disabled Woman - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville

Census Worker Charged With Raping Disabled Woman
    Daniel Miller Faces Rape, Burglary Charges
    By Erin Haynes/WLKY

POSTED: 2:23 pm EDT May 10, 2010
    UPDATED: 8:35 am EDT May 11, 2010

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Ind. --
    A man employed by the Census Bureau has been charged with raping a disabled woman.

Investigators said a woman called Salem police at 4:30 a.m. Saturday and said a man entered her home and sexually assaulted her 21-year-old disabled daughter.

By the time police arrived at the home on State Road 60, the man had left.

The Washington County Sheriff's Department arrested Daniel Miller, 39, on Saturday morning. He was taken to the Washington County Detention Center and held without bond until his court appearance Monday.

According to court records, Miller started working for the U.S. Census two weeks ago. In his capacity as a census worker, Miller allegedly had contacted the victim's family and one neighbor during the week before the incident.

Police said Miller left his clothing, including his wallet with driver's license, on the bedroom floor of the victim's bedroom.

Shortly after 8:30 a.m. Saturday, police served a search warrant on Miller's apartment, where they found him nude, asleep in bed.

Miller told police he remembered leaving the Pop-a-Top Tavern in Pekin, but nothing else until he was awakened by police.

Miller was unable to locate the jeans, T-shirt and shoes he wore to the tavern, and unable to find his wallet.

Police said a pair of panties matching the brand the victim wears were found in Miller's GEO Tracker between the passenger seat and passenger door.

Miller was arraigned Monday and is being held on a $150,000 full-cash bond.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Get the rope and find a tall tree

Capitol punishment; something we can all live with.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    We have medics in the military who desperately need training on how to perform combat surgery without the benefit of anesthesia. I think we just found a volunteer for the job of "patient."
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Miller told police he remembered leaving the Pop-a-Top Tavern in Pekin, but nothing else until he was awakened by police.
    I've been stupid-drunk more times than I care to admit and never had a "black-out".
    I've always felt they were just a lie to white-wash things people were too ashamed to admit to.
    I hope the fellas in prison give him a warm reception.

VIP Member
    Life is too lenient in a case like this. By using the apparent authority of government to do his act, he betrayed all of us as well as committed a vile crime.

150 K bond seems a tad low, though he probably will not be able to make it so it doesn't matter.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    How about take him out in a swamp, tie him to a stump, and let the alligators and bugs do the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Capitol punishment; something we can all live with.
    Except for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    I've been stupid-drunk more times than I care to admit and never had a "black-out".
    I've always felt they were just a lie to white-wash things people were too ashamed to admit to.
    I hope the fellas in prison give him a warm reception.
    In this case I believe you are right.

However, having survived a few in college I can tell you it's real. The only reason I know I was dancing on the fraternity bar with 4 hot college girls is because my now wife told me she nearly stopped talking to me because of it. Because of what? I did what!? Really? SWEEET!
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

As his cell mate will most likely say "Bend over danny boy, it's bubba's sweet cheeks loving time." Personally, I've always thought rapists needed a medical procedure involving 16 guage copper wire, fed back to the bladder, then you apply the blowtorch. <WEG>
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

I've always thought that people would drink to lose their inhibitions, kick back, relax and do things they normally wouldn't do. I don't have many inhibitions to lose, there are very few things I'd do drunk that I wouldn't do sober. LOL.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I've got a box of ammo and a few hours of my time to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    I've got a box of ammo and a few hours of my time to donate.
    YEah..I want to test the expansion of my hollow points.

Sponsored Links