This scares the hell out of me

This is a discussion on This scares the hell out of me within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I kind of wonder what makes the original story-teller assume these "kids" were just out for fun? At least, that's what I gather he thought, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This scares the hell out of me

I kind of wonder what makes the original story-teller assume these "kids" were just out for fun? At least, that's what I gather he thought, looking at the statement, "WHAT THE HELL KIND OF UPBRING DID THESE KIDS HAVE THAT MADE THEM THINK THAT THIS WOULD BE A FUN THING TO DO ON A WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON???"

Could have been their idea of fun, seeing how much fear they could put into someone, but just as likely, maybe more so, they were actually planning on a robbery, or a car-jacking.

Some of these idiots think that if the gun wasn't real, it wouldn't be armed robbery. I'd love to be there when the judge informs them otherwise. . .

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

2. Remove Ads

I don't understand, what were their intentions? Were they just planning on screwing with you, or was robbery on the agenda?
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

That is F'd up... Excellent job on the verbal first. What made you do a verbal ?? Was it the age of the offender ?? Did the offending weapon look weird ?? Did you read something about kids doing this before ?? Just curious.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Hopefully they learned their lesson.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Hey guys,

Go back and read the first post in this thread.

The scenario described was posted on another forum, and it happened to someone who post there, and it doesn't look like that person is a member of this Forum.

So, compliments to that individual, and questions for him, are not going to be seen by him. (Unfortunately.)

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Welll done, excellent use of tactics and cover & CYA.

Wow. What else can you say!!! I love reading about these situations; it's impossible to think of all of the things stupid people will do! It is great to see someone think on their feet and make good solid decisions. Thanks for finding and sharing that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Keeney
    I don't understand, what were their intentions? Were they just planning on screwing with you, or was robbery on the agenda?
    My guess is they were going to pull a car jacking.

Anyway, I really felt the tension while reading that. I hope those kids learned their lesson.

Idiots - all of them. Their parents didn't beat them enough when they were younger. That could have turned out much worse, and all because some idiot kids didn't think past the ends of their idiot noses.

VIP Member

part of the problem.......

is the 'me' generation (peace niks, hippie types, anti-war...etc..) are now parents & have not taught their children any respect for adults & for that matter firearms. This generation has always been anti-spanking, anti-disicpline of any kind as well as anti-gun.

When I was a teenager, my parents would have skinned me for doing anything remotely as stupid as these little twerps did. We were taught to say 'Yes, Sir', 'No Sir'.

We were also taught how to handle a firearm safely! It would never have occurred to us to try something like this. The worst thing we would do is ring somebody's doorbell & run.

We had to much respect/fear of our parents & other adults.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I follow what the cop who wanted to see the pistol was doing, based on my 28 years as a street cop and detective. An experienced guy realizes it's necessary to confirm everything related to the incident. The pistol was part of the story.

As to the erosion of rights issue, you have a point. Legally, however, at least here in CA (I know...I know..The People's Republic of..) an officer can ask to inspect a firearm possessed in public and can arrest if the individual refuses the inspection, under the same section used for possessing a loaded firearm in a public place (absent a CCW).

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    is the 'me' generation (peace niks, hippie types, anti-war...etc..) are now parents & have not taught their children any respect for adults & for that matter firearms. This generation has always been anti-spanking, anti-disicpline of any kind as well as anti-gun.
    I must be reading this wrong, (peace niks, hippie types, anti-war...etc..) was my generation (Vietnam years). Or maybe someone isn't up on their generations. I think the Yuppy generation came next.

Quote Originally Posted by badge4436
    I follow what the cop who wanted to see the pistol was doing, based on my 28 years as a street cop and detective. An experienced guy realizes it's necessary to confirm everything related to the incident. The pistol was part of the story.

As to the erosion of rights issue, you have a point. Legally, however, at least here in CA (I know...I know..The People's Republic of..) an officer can ask to inspect a firearm possessed in public and can arrest if the individual refuses the inspection, under the same section used for possessing a loaded firearm in a public place (absent a CCW).
    In the free state of PA, I would tell the LEO that I would be more than willing to share some range time w/ him (OFF DUTY!!!) and let him shoot mine if I can shoot his. Otherwise, I'm uninterested and unwilling. If it truly is a part of the story, then the govt. should go through the proper procedures to search to get the SN of the gun.

No disrespect to LEO, but every time a citizen allows an infringement upon their rights, that right is eroded.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tele_mark
    The parents should be screwed to the wall.
    Perhaps....

But at that age sometimes teens make bad choices their parents know nothing about....
    i know that I did alot of things (none this stupid fortunately) that my parents never found out about and they were very strict and tried their best to keep up with me when I was that age. Now I have 2 kids of my own and hope they have better sense than I did!
    The teen on the other hand, needs the belt.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Some of my friends were held up with a pellet gun, and I thought to myself what if that would have been me? They ran after the guy spilt one of their lips, and he put a hole in one of their shirts as they ran, but other then that they got away. All I have to say is, he would have **** himself if I had been there, but all in all I'm glad that they came out ok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links