School Nurse arrested for concealed firearm

This is a discussion on School Nurse arrested for concealed firearm within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I can't find a story on it but it was on the news,A Mission Tx School Nurse was arrested with an unloaded concealed handgun at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School Nurse arrested for concealed firearm

I can't find a story on it but it was on the news,A Mission Tx School Nurse was arrested with an unloaded concealed handgun at school,she apparently resigned after being arrested and nothing online yet
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I can't find a story on it but it was on the news,A Mission Tx School Nurse was arrested with an unloaded concealed handgun at school,she apparently resigned after being arrested and nothing online yet
    DUH!!

Don't bring it on school grounds.

schools in texas are "Gun Free Zones!"
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Quote Originally Posted by can2boy View Post
    schools in texas are "Gun Free Zones!"
    Too early to speculate on why she was packing,I'm trying to find a news link
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I'll let my sig line do my talking...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Guess it wasn't really concealed. :-(
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Guess it wasn't really concealed. :-(
    So true
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Kind of a waste....what if she had to use it? Another person who wanted to carry, but probably would have benefited from a class.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

In some schools today, the staff needs to carry.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    If it was unloaded and she had no ammo available, maybe she just forgot she had it with her.

Of course, "unloaded" could mean nothing in the chamber, but ammo available.

Either way, it sounds like her teaching days may be over.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    If it was unloaded and she had no ammo available, maybe she just forgot she had it with her.

Of course, "unloaded" could mean nothing in the chamber, but ammo available.

Either way, it sounds like her teaching days may be over.
    Actually, depending on state law her nursing license may be revoked. Some states will not issue medical licenses with felony convictions.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

It is quite legal here to carry a gun on school grounds , and "inside" the schools if they are not posted with the AG's approved gunbuster sign. Federal law, exempts carrying at schools if you are licensed by the state and the state laws allow it.

IF, I remember correctly..... Texas does not prohibit carrying at schools and school grounds if they are not posted and the person has a CCL license. Someone familiar with Texas laws can post that.....

She may have only violated school policy, if the school has a policy against employees carrying or did not have a CC license. Some Texas schools... do NOT prohibit employees carrying.... there was quite a stir in the news when a couple of Texas school districts gave employees permission to carry, if they had a CCL.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    It is quite legal here to carry a gun on school grounds , and "inside" the schools if they are not posted with the AG's approved gunbuster sign. Federal law, exempts carrying at schools if you are licensed by the state and the state laws allow it.

IF, I remember correctly..... Texas does not prohibit carrying at schools and school grounds if they are not posted and the person has a CCL license. Someone familiar with Texas laws can post that.....

She may have only violated school policy, if the school has a policy against employees carrying or did not have a CC license. Some Texas schools... do NOT prohibit employees carrying.... there was quite a stir in the news when a couple of Texas school districts gave employees permission to carry, if they had a CCL.
    From handgunlaw.us

Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License
    Title 10 Chpt. 46 46.03
    A place of business that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption
    On premises of a correctional facility
    On the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private,
    On the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event of interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event
    On the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress.
    racetrack; secured area of an airport
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    It wasn't at a school, but here's what happened to my wife a few years ago:

She was flying out to visit her parents, and happened to be bringing them a gift that she had wrapped and stowed away in her carry-on. She went through security with her carry-on. A TSA guy got her bag out of the x-ray and told her he needed to check it further. She said, "no problem". He opened her bag, reached in and took the gift-wrapped package out and was looking at it. My wife, at that moment, said her stomach suddenly went down somewhere near her ankles. It immediately dawned on her that the gift she was carrying contained a full set of kitchen knives !!!!.......... "DUH"

The TSA called their supervisor to come out and he looked at the knives then looked at her, back to the knives then at her. The whole time she claims she was talking 90 miles an hour, but actually was probably babbling some unknown words that were incoherent.

The TSA guy asks her would she like to put these knives back in her car? Absolutely yes, she complies and runs out of the airport at some olympic sprinter speed. Gets back in and makes her flight okay.

A few days later I was checking our mail and noticed a letter to her from Homeland Security or something like that. Since part of her job duties involves hurricane shelters, I opened her mail for her to give her a head's-up over the phone on what's going on while she's away. However, I was surprised to find the letter was not about hurricane shelters, but to her from TSA, quoting regs. over some knife issue that was heretofore unknown to me. It was sort of a warning letter.

When I next talked to her on the phone I brought the letter up, and she admitted that she had intended to hide this event from me. Having a lot of remorse she kept saying, "I was so stupid, I'm so lucky, I was so stupid, I'm so lucky.................
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    From handgunlaw.us
    IS this Texas or where ? It is NOT true here.

Also be careful of Handgunlaw.us..... they are good guys but cannot follow all of the changes in laws across the country. I know the one's in our state were all changed and out of date on Handgunlaw.us and I advised them of the changes .... and they updated it quickly. We have several others that are or have been changed recently, where I am sure it is not up to date on there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links