Good : Home Owner Shoots Burgular

This is a discussion on Good : Home Owner Shoots Burgular within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happend just about a quarter of a mile from my home. Not much information, apparently the bad guy was arguing with the home owner ...

Thread: Good : Home Owner Shoots Burgular

Good : Home Owner Shoots Burgular

This happend just about a quarter of a mile from my home. Not much information, apparently the bad guy was arguing with the home owner and came back for a bit of B & E. The article said alcohol may have been a factor, duh.

The guy only "grazed" the perp, so he probably needs some range time or a few shooting lessons.

Homeowner fires at burglary suspect, one arrested
    May 15, 2010 @ 06:59 AM

BILL ROSENBERGER

The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON,WV — A Huntington man fired a gun at a man attempting to break into his home at about 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

According to Sergeant John Williams of the Huntington Police Department, 34-year-old Houston E. McClung was grazed by the bullet. McClung had broken through a section of glass on the front door.

McClung was located at his residence in the 300 block of West 7th Avenue. He was transported to St. Mary’s Medical Center, where he was treated and released. He was incarcerated at Western Regional Jail at 5:35 a.m., which reported McClung as being held on one felony count of nighttime burglary.

The Huntington Police Department news release stated McClung also was facing assault and destruction of property charges.

The release states the investigation indicates the two men had been involved in an earlier altercation, at which time McClung had threatened bodily harm to the homeowner. Alcohol appears to be a factor in regards to McClung, the release states.

Michael Legg, who lives in the 700 block of Gill Street, has been identified as the homeowner. He is not facing charges.
    Homeowner fires at burglary suspect, one arrested - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Links