This is interesting...

This is interesting...

This is a discussion on This is interesting... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOX News says Airsofts can be converted into "the real thing": LINK...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is interesting...

This is interesting...

FOX News says Airsofts can be converted into "the real thing":
    LINK

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Yeah, but can I convert my Glock into an Airsoft?

And why are you listening to Fox anyhow?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Well they say a lot of things....

Yeah your much more likely to get a fair even news from MSNBC
    (sarcasam)

Try the BBC or Al-Jazeera they are much beater at covering the world’s news. And so what you can MacGyver a lot of things people don’t think of.

Thank you FOX NEWS ...

If the conversion costs more than an AR then who is going to waste their money doing it? ... And as for people doing it that can't get a legal weapon, they will be buying illegal arms anyway ... Not doing dumb conversions ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Bernard Books

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Yeah, that's a bunch of crap.

I looked into this a while back when the ATF made their big siezure. The bottom line is that, while they are very close, the recievers will not fit together without opening up and re-locating the pivot and takedown holes on the real upper. Even then, the FCG in the airsoft lower is incapable of reaching the firing pin at all, and installing a real FCG would require relocating the hammer pin.

FOX News >> Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt >> Oh, this Toy is a Machine Gun right? | Everything Airsoft

The same is true of the other brands of airsoft M4's. Either the lowers are just plain too short to accept a real upper, or the hammer/trigger pins are off location and would not allow even a real hammer to strike the AR's firing pin, or both. If new holes were drilled in the correct locations, it would require first welding over the old ones to avoid creating slots. Given the questionable materials airsoft lowers are usually made from, I'd like to see someone try.

On top of all this, the various types of airsoft magazines are slightly larger than real AR mags. To get a real magazine to seat and align properly for reliable feeding would require precise shimming and probably more welding to build up the mag well of the airsoft lower.

In short, it's not exactly as easy as "buy airsoft gun, buy complete upper, instant machine gun". Besides, anyone who wants a gun, but can't buy one legally, is going to either steal one or buy it on the black market. Building one like this is just not practical.

Until I hear of someone who actually invested the time, money, effort, and knowledge it would take to convert an airsoft gun into a real one for criminal purposes, I'm going to call this what it is - another Chicken Little anti-gun story trying to scare people over a hypothetical long-shot.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    kind of like saying a block of steel can be converted into a gun with some machine work and commonly available gun parts...

My response is basically the same as bladenbullet.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Anyhow, why does a crook need to modify an Airsoft toy? From what I see, they use them as is in robberies all the time.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    Anyhow, why does a crook need to modify an Airsoft toy? From what I see, they use them as is in robberies all the time.
    They also buy illegal guns all the time. I can't see any criminal going through the trouble to do this, when they can just go buy a real one illegally, and probably cheaper.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    Yeah your much more likely to get a fair even news from MSNBC
    (sarcasam)
    Actually, yeah...you are. FIX news is not "news", it's pure "opinion", and often waaaaaaay off track, from any "facts". (Death Panels, manipulating videos, out of context comments, et cetera). It's also no wonder, that FIX news viewers were shown to be the LEAST informed.
    Their motto SHOULD be..."We Distort, You Comply".
    Orwell had FIX "news" in mind with his book '1984'. God, I PUKE at the thought of my fellow conservatives listening/watching/salivating over this BS so called "news" channel! I won't even click on a link by these sob's, I'd just rather copy the topic and search elsewhere, just out of spite to not give them a "click". ARRRGH! Ok, I'm better. lol

ugh....FIX news rant off/

Here's some more info about the TOPIC. It really doesn't appear as if this is possible with ANY kind of ease.
    But then again, we can all fire a 5.56 with a hammer and a nail if we really want to. Hey! I've got a hammer, a nail, and a 5.56 round in my pocket! I have an M4! Wooohoo!
    20100226156 | Airsoft: An Industry Without Standard. | Airsoft News
    Last edited by TheoryRealm; May 17th, 2010 at 05:06 PM.
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    My response is basically the same as bladenbullet.
    Ditto.

Fox News is generally not a reputable never mind respectable news source.
    As noted by another Al-Jazeera is higher tier, while Fox is IMHO just above that of the National Enquirer.

You gotta use your noodle here folks, why go through the trouble to convert an Airsoft gun when it's easy enough to score a gun in a face to face buy legally (no paperwork states) never mind illegally for dimes on the dollar.

Stupid.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Personally: I prefer Fox News. Having said that, I believe that no matter which media source you choose to listen to, watch, or read you never get the news and always get the VIEWS.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    Personally: I prefer Fox News. Having said that, I believe that no matter which media source you choose to listen to, watch, or read you never get the news and always get the VIEWS.

Well, I have to add on to that presumption, if I may.

See, FIX "news" is a different kind of "propaganda" mechanism.
    Me personally, I hear NEWS on other stations, and I hear "Opining" and trying to "shift" the mindset of the viewer, with FIX news.

I want to hear the news, nothing more. I want to hear...."14 of the enemy was killed in Mosul today with American forces in a fierce 6 hour battle. 2 American soldiers were slightly wounded and are recovering."

---> What I "hear", and what I'm programmed with from the Orwellian FIX news though, is.....
    "Well, well, well....it seems that 14 turrists' were killed today fightin' against our boys, in Mosul. Ya' know folks, I just don't get it. We are over there trying to give these people freedom, and they have the nerve to fight against us, calling us occupiers! We, as Americans, stand up for the freedoms and liberties of all, and we're gonna' take it to the people that attacked us on 911, those poor defenseless fellow Americans of ours, when their only crime, was getting up and going to work on that faithful day, that we will never forget, a day that we will always remember. Let's all support our president, and we can look into why we are attacking Iraq later. The time for questions is not now. If you don't like it, MOVE!"

Hmmmm, Orwell would be surprised, and Goebbles would be impressed.

It's PURE...propaganda. It's PURE control of questioning. It's a form of "patriotic fascism/Nationalism/control", and as I stated before, it's Orwellian in its "left versus right" BS, as well. Liberals bad, vote US in again, because we didn't cause any of this. The problem is, Americans have the memories of damned guppies, it seems.

Hannity, and others, use as well, Neuro-Linguistic programming on a consistent basis. (Ever wonder why Hannity ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, has that magic marker in his hand? It is a tool...a programming tool... for effect of concentration.)

I watch all the news, and you know what? I find that FIX news CONSISTENTLY lies, and is consistently called out. When they are called out, they blame the "liberals" for calling them out! They never refute what is said about them, they go right into "character assasination", IE..."Shoot the messenger" instead of refuting the message. Don't forget, during the "hate speech" (1984 term again, for reference), we alllllll get the added pleasure of the bottom banner filling our subconcious with other tidbit bs, as well, like "Is Civil War good for Iraq?"

I am a conservative, a true conservative. But I personally don't need to watch such a blatant, propaganda mouthpiece such as this, for my "news". We have been told (by them of course), that they are "trusted", and their "ratings" are the highest. Well, yeah, sensationalism sells to the "Jerry Springer" masses here in "Amerika", and if "ratings" were any measure of truthiness, then Dancin' With the Stars would have the truth trophy.

This wasn't meant towards you, it is simply another rant about how FIX is NOT what this Nation, much less the "conservative" movement, needs right now.

I can't stop the rant! Argh! LMAO!
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links