Bad: intruders at a mansion killed man

This is a discussion on Bad: intruders at a mansion killed man within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not much detail. Police: Man killed by intruders at Va. home - wtop.com CENTREVILLE, Va. (AP) - Fairfax County police say a man was shot ...

Thread: Bad: intruders at a mansion killed man

VIP Member

Bad: intruders at a mansion killed man

Not much detail.

Police: Man killed by intruders at Va. home - wtop.com

CENTREVILLE, Va. (AP) - Fairfax County police say a man was shot to
    death in a confrontation with two intruders at a mansion in the
    Centreville area.

Police say after the gunmen entered the home through the four-car
    garage Monday morning, someone inside called 911 and screamed for
    help. As those inside the house fought the intruders, police say at
    least one shot was fired, striking one man.

Police say 39-year-old Jose Ramiro Rosales Cardona of Manassas, worked
    as a handyman for the family that lives in the home. He was pronounced
    dead on the scene.

The gunmen fled into the woods and escaped.

Public records show the owner of the house is a Prince William
    businessman who owns several companies, including a check-cashing
    store. Police don't know if he was targeted.
    Who "he" don't know if "he" was targeted? The rich man or the handyman?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Update

Why he didn't shoot when he had the gun???

Assuming he was not an illegal, too bad he wasn't armed in the first place, or better yet too bad both he and the owner's wife weren't armed.

But [sarcasm] We live in a nice neighborhood; nothing like that ever happens here. [/sarcasm]

centreville virginia posts - Crimesider - CBS News

May 20, 2010 6:15 AM
    Home Invasion Hero Jose Rosales: Handyman Protected Family, Lost Life to Gunmen

CENTREVILLE, Va. (CBS/AP) Jose Rosales is being hailed as a handyman-turned-hero by police and a Virginia family, who says he sacrificed his life to save them during a home-invasion robbery.

The 39-year-old Rosales was working Monday morning at the 9,000 sq. ft. mansion owned by the Brar family in Fairfax County, Va., when two gunmen entered the house through the garage. They encountered Rosales, who stood firmly between them and the Brars, reports The Washington Post.

"Get away from my brother and my mom," the handyman declared.

Rosales leapt onto one of the intruders and tried to wrestle a gun away from him. He did so, but then the other gunman took aim at the mother of the family, and threatened to kill her if Rosales didn't give back the gun, sources told newspaper.

Rosales surrendered the gun to protect the Brar family, but it cost him his life. The two men shot and killed Rosales and then fled the scene.

"Without Jose, I firmly believe I would not be alive right now," Robbie Brar, a member of the stunned family, told The Washington Post. "In a situation where most people probably run away, not only did he not run away, but he stood strong to protect people that are not related to him. He's a guardian angel."

Rosales, a devout Christian originally from Guatemala, was hired by the Brar family a year-and- a-half ago and they soon came to "trust him with everything."

Fairfax County Police said the Brars did not know the intruders and believe the home was randomly targeted. Police say they are looking for an older model white Toyota pickup which may have been used as the getaway vehicle.

According to The Washington Post, Fairfax police declined to discuss Rosales's actions Tuesday. But two sources familiar with the investigation used the same words: "He is a hero."
    Last edited by DaveH; May 20th, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

He should have opened fire as soon as he had possession of the weapon. There is a good chance they might kill all present anyway, you might as well take at least one or both if possible, with you.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    He should have opened fire as soon as he had possession of the weapon. There is a good chance they might kill all present anyway, you might as well take at least one or both if possible, with you.
    Exactly my thoughts.

Don't even wait for them to turn a gun on the wife. Just deal with business.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Exactly my thoughts.

Don't even wait for them to turn a gun on the wife. Just deal with business.
    Agreed, and my thought as well.

In a case like this under such conditions to hell with talking and looking around.
    Act, with extreme prejudice.
    Fight like a cornered cat, because that is exactly what was the case.

So sad for this man, and his real family.
    I hope that the Brar's choose to take on his weight and protect his family and their interest for the rest of their natural lives as Mr. Jose did for them in that moment. Anything less would be disrespect to the highest order.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

When they enter the home...the fight has to be instant, unfair, and violent...no questions asked (at least not in my home).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links