Anti-gun Bank robbed

Anti-gun Bank robbed

This is a discussion on Anti-gun Bank robbed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Another crime in an "Un-armed Victims Rich Zone" / " Safety Zone for Criminal" a.k.a “Gun Free Zone” Manassas man held in bank robbery | ...

Thread: Anti-gun Bank robbed

VIP Member

Anti-gun Bank robbed

Another crime in an "Un-armed Victims Rich Zone" / " Safety Zone for Criminal" a.k.a “Gun Free Zone”

Manassas man held in bank robbery | InsideNova.com

Manassas man held in bank robbery
    By MEDIA GENERAL NEWS SERVICE
    Published: May 19, 2010

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.—Minutes after the BB&T Bank on Seminole Trail was robbed Tuesday, police had a suspect in custody.

Just before 11 a.m., a man with a pistol went into the bank and demanded money from a teller, according to police.

Two officers, Greg Davis and Steve Watson, started canvassing the Fashion Square mall parking lot when they spotted a man who matched the description of the robber, according to police.

“They were really good about getting the description out and the officers were very alert,” said Sgt. Darrell Byers of the Albemarle County Police Department.

He added, “He was just coming through the wood line.”

The man threw a container into a parked vehicle, according to police. A later search revealed the container, which police weren’t willing to describe Tuesday, held cash and a gun, according to officials.

James Manson of Manassas has been charged with armed bank robbery, commission of a felony while in possession of a firearm and possession of a firearm after having been convicted of a felony, according to police.

He is being held in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail without bond, according to authorities.
    I thought that BB&T had been bought out by a non-anti-gun bank. But they are still posted no gun, around here.

Your area?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    you mean to tell me that a no guns sign didn't prevent this robbery?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!!?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

VIP Member
    Did a little checking. Memory synapse failure.

It was Wachovia that was acquired by Wells Fargo who is supposed not anti-gun, not BB&T.

From Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL)

BB&T (Branch Banking & Trust Company), headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., is a financial holding company. Its bank subsidiaries operate more than 1,100 branch offices in the Carolinas, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Georgia, Maryland, Tennessee, Alabama, Indiana, Florida and Washington, D.C. BB&T ranks No. 4 in Virginia. As far as we can tell, BB&T has posted all of their VA bank locations against carrying firearms openly or concealed.
    See pic -- maybe we should call & report the "incident"
    Attached Images
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Thought banks were illegal to carry in anyway.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    That depends on STATE laws, I carry into banks whenever I enter them. It's perfectly legal here in Utah.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Banks are ok in Delaware also.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

But they said no guns!!!!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

We must better educate criminals to read laws and sighs, and pay better attention. Oh and pay their taxes, on time too..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

It depends on state law and/or whether the bank is a federal institution.

See this thread where that was discussedn great detail; http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...5-cc-bank.html

I personally carry in to banks, bars, night clubs, pool halls, sporting stadiums, and police stations too and have been for years...Lawfully per state laws.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Not in Virginia!

BTW -- anyone have any evidence where the signs or States' "Safety Zone for Criminal" stop robberies?

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    It depends on state law and/or whether the bank is a federal institution.

See this thread where that was discussedn great detail; http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...5-cc-bank.html

I personally carry in to banks, bars, night clubs, pool halls, sporting stadiums, and police stations too and have been for years...Lawfully per state laws.

- Janq

And note it is are "a federal institution" not just federally insured.

FWIIW -- Under Virginia's preemption law police stations are OK, also. However, some around here are in violation of State law. Working on them, one-at-a-time.

VCDL was instrumental in getting the State law changed to provide
    " 15.2-915. Control of firearms; applicability to authorities and local governmental agencies.

C. In addition to any other relief provided, the court may award reasonable attorney fees, expenses, and court costs to any person, group, or entity that prevails in an action challenging (i) an ordinance, resolution, or motion as being in conflict with this section or (ii) an administrative action taken in bad faith as being in conflict with this section.
    [emphasis added]

Maybe in the future we can get the may changed to a shall

More folk and attorneys might help with all the one-at-a-times and more localities might stop the reemergence w/ slightly changed wording.
    Attached Images
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Wow. I simply cant believe that a gun free zone was robbed at *GASP* GUN POINT! Sorry for the sarcasim, but a sign only stops LAW ABIDING individuals... ITs like a lock, locks dont keep theives out, it keeps the honest people honest.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

CCW is not a problem for people 'banking' in FL banks...both criminals and citizens can carry...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    CCW is not a problem for people 'banking' in FL banks...both criminals and citizens can carry...
    []

But surely the convicted felons obey the law and ....

[/]
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Sarcasm : <ON>

What? A place with a "No Guns Allowed" sign and it was robbed by a gun weilding thug?

No way.

According to the Brady Campaign, that can't happen at all. It must be a mis-print, or a concealed permit holder. You know how they view us!

Sarcasm : <OFF>

Of course banks get robbed at gunpoint. Stupid is as stupid does. A 'gun-busting' sign is about useless.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Can carry in banks in Colorado

Sponsored Links