Ugly : Man Forcibly Tattoo's A Woman

This is a discussion on Ugly : Man Forcibly Tattoo's A Woman within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just when you thought you have seen it all, then this comes along. Although no firearms were involved, it is too bad the woman didn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugly : Man Forcibly Tattoo's A Woman

Ugly : Man Forcibly Tattoo's A Woman

Just when you thought you have seen it all, then this comes along. Although no firearms were involved, it is too bad the woman didn't have one and give this idiot a "lead tattoo". This happend a few blocks away from where I live.

Man charged with forcibly tattooing woman

The Herald-Dispatch

CURTIS JOHNSON

HUNTINGTON, WV -- A Huntington man was jailed early Thursday on charges that he forcibly tattooed a woman at his house.

Shannon Patrick Overstreet, 27, was incarcerated at 2:20 a.m. Thursday. The Huntington Police Department charged him with felony malicious wounding. Bond was $100,000.

A Huntington Police Department incident report described the victim as a 20-year-old from Huntington.

The criminal complaint charges that Overstreet forcibly held the victim on the ground, while he intentionally carved "King Shannon" into her back.

It further charges that Overstreet filled the lacerations with ink in order to tattoo the inscription. The weapon was not listed on the police report, but it did say that a paring knife had been confiscated by police.

The criminal complaint quotes hospital staff in saying the wounds were likely permanent.

The incident occurred at 7 a.m. Wednesday in the 1700 block of Madison Avenue.
    Man charged with forcibly tattooing woman - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Terrible....he should also be forced to pay for her tattoo removal
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    This stretches the definition of "tattoo" if it was indeed made with a paring knife. That sort of tattoo won't be going away with a few laser treatments...

Seriously, what is wrong with people?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

What is wrong with people. Aside from the PHYSICAL damage, I cant begin to comprehend the EMOTIONAL damage to this woman. It IS too bad she didnt have a handgun or something on her.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Agreed. This type of damage would require extensive treatment and even then would leave scar tissue. The cost alone could run past any insurance policy let alone a restitution settlement.

The poor girl she is only 20... still a kid...is going to have that on her back for a long long time.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It just never stops!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I am guessing he wanted to be her pimp & to make sure everybody knew it....
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

That is_not_ a tattoo (!).

He cut into her skin the lettering.
    Then he filled in the wound with ink.
    That is not at all how a tattoo works.

Removal of the ink won't matter as she's going to have for life the scar tissue of the cutting to remain.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

He cut into her skin the lettering.
    Then he filled in the wound with ink.
    That is not at all how a tattoo works.

Removal of the ink won't matter as she's going to have for life the scar tissue of the cutting to remain.
    Its tattooing on a larger scale...in tattooing a sharp implement penetrates the skin and injects ink below the epidermis....he just used a larger implement and a pour instead of injecting :(
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Its tattooing on a larger scale...in tattooing a sharp implement penetrates the skin and injects ink below the epidermis....he just used a larger implement and a pour instead of injecting :(
    No, it is not.

Tattooing does not involve removal of skin!
    This is scarification followed by some block head method of branding by way of ink.

A tattoo is just an injection of visible 'ink' below the second layer of the skin.
    Paring knives and carving/etching are not at all a method involved with making a tattoo.

Removal of the ink as within the now wound channel won't matter....The skin will not heal up and over invisibly, as do the pin holes from ink injection during a tattoo.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    wow...it turned into an argument about whther its a tattoo or not...as we do not know how deeply he "carved" the name with the knife and what epideral layer he penetrated we do know that he effectively tattooed her...lets try not to be quite so shallow and hope the courts dont turn it into a tattoo argument also...

i think part of the penalty should probably involve a nice tattoo for the idiot...and she should be able to choose its location and subject....

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    No, it is not.

This is scarification followed by some block head method of branding by way of ink.

A tattoo is just an injection of visible 'ink' below the second layer of the skin.
    Paring knives and carving/etching are not at all a method involved with making a tattoo.

Removal of the ink as within the now wound channel won't matter....The skin will not heal up and over invisibly, as do the pin holes from ink injection during a tattoo.

- Janq
    touche`
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    No, it is not.

- Janq
    I agree, this is mutilation, not tattooing in spite of some superficial similarities in results. No matter how skilled the guy was, carving on a struggling victim will result in a deep cut that will not fully heal the way superficial scratching would (look at a fresh tattoo sometime and you will note that the scabs that form look remarkably like what might be seen on a very mild abrasion - think large number of parallel superficial scratches) because he certainly cut through the first layer of skin in at least some areas, the edges of the wound would have parted and some tissue along the edge of the cut would have died. This deeper tissue isn't designed to replace itself rapidly the way the epidermis does.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    i think part of the penalty should probably involve a nice tattoo for the idiot...and she should be able to choose its location and subject....
    Amen.

Sadly, in our legal system this will likely get watered down into some form of assault charge.

Common sense suggests that this animal need to be put down. I wonder what he's planning for his next trick...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    wow...it turned into an argument about whther its a tattoo or not...as we do not know how deeply he "carved" the name with the knife and what epideral layer he penetrated we do know that he effectively tattooed her...lets try not to be quite so shallow and hope the courts dont turn it into a tattoo argument also...

No argument, it's a discussion like any other here.

As to court there will be no doubt that any judge or jury will see this as anything but what it actually is; Felony assault by gross mutilation, kidnapping and if state law allowed an I were the DA...I'd try to hit him with a charge of mayhem too even as by most legal view that would be a stretch.

Persons like this are savages.

His victim will be forced to live with this reminder for the rest of her life, even as the ink may be removed and likely relatively easily washed away as there is no skin for the ink to be kept under in a carving (!).
    Her future mates will also be forced to see this as a continual reminder of the assault...Which will affect relationships on going for her. And she'll never feel comfortable wearing a two piece to the beach or a backless dress.

This kind of crime is horrible, akin to cutting off ones ear or biting off the tip of ones nose.

- Janq

P.S. - Yep Socal!
    The mechanism of a tattoo is _completely_ different than this, and as you noted it involves and requires the person to be perfectly still as possible.
    I very strongly doubt this woman was still and compliant as; "Overstreet forcibly held the victim on the ground".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links