Pizza Shop Owner Allows CCW

This is a discussion on Pizza Shop Owner Allows CCW within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Indianapolis, Indiana May 20, 2010 Pizza Driver, Would-Be Robbers Exchange Gunfire Two would-be robbers and a pizza delivery driver exchanged gunfire early Thursday morning after ...

Thread: Pizza Shop Owner Allows CCW

Pizza Shop Owner Allows CCW

Indianapolis, Indiana

May 20, 2010
    Pizza Driver, Would-Be Robbers Exchange Gunfire

Two would-be robbers and a pizza delivery driver exchanged gunfire early Thursday morning after the men tried to rob the worker, police said. The incident happened at about 12:30 a.m. in the 2000 block of Bosart Avenue.

Indianapolis police said a driver for Aunt Polly’s Pizza was met by two men on the front porch who demanded money and food.
    One of the men fired a shot at the driver, but missed. The driver also had a gun and fired back. Indianapolis police said they don’t think either suspect was struck, but the men haven’t been found.

The owner of the pizza shop said that he started having all his drivers carry guns while on deliveries about two years ago.
    A sign that reads, “Warning, We Don’t Dial 911″ is posted inside the business.

“It’s a visual deterrent. Sometimes people are armed, sometimes they’re not. You just never know what you are going to run into,” said owner Darrell Kreitzer. “If you want to run in here and try something stupid, you don’t know what you’re going to get.”
    The delivery driver had a valid permit to carry the handgun, police said.

Sgt. Linda Jackson said the incident is a good reminder for people to be aware of their surroundings, no matter if they’re armed or not.
    “If you are walking up on a porch and it’s dark, and you see people sitting there in the dark, it might be a good time to turn around, go back to your car, and drive away,” she said.

Police asked anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely a smart pizza shop owner.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

HMmmm.....intresting.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

At least one business owner "gets it"
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

P for pepperoni? NO, P for PISTOL!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

This seems to be a big topic around my area. I have delivered pizza before and wish my boss would have let me carry when I was working for him. Most of the area police think this is a good idea and the owner does very extensive background checks on his drivers and I have heard even makes them do so many hours of range time each month.

Quote Originally Posted by glocksmygun View Post
    This seems to be a big topic around my area. I have delivered pizza before and wish my boss would have let me carry when I was working for him. .
    Look it's a pizza delivery gig. So you'd get fired. I would have carried and don't ask, don't tell.

Links