Federal Racketeering Law used against Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Federal Racketeering Law used against Home Invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Suffolk News-Herald | Gang member guilty in home invasion Gang member guilty in home invasion By Staff Report | Suffolk News-Herald Published Friday, May 21, ...

Thread: Federal Racketeering Law used against Home Invasion

VIP Member

Suffolk News-Herald | Gang member guilty in home invasion

Gang member guilty in home invasion
    By Staff Report | Suffolk News-Herald

Published Friday, May 21, 2010

A Suffolk native pleaded guilty in Norfolk federal court Friday to two crimes related to a 2007 home invasion robbery in Chesapeake.

Cameron Mychal Evans, 21, also known as ďCam,Ē entered the pleas for one count of assault with a dangerous weapon in aid of a racketeering activity and one count of possession of a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence. A co-defendant, Craig Steven Foster, 24, of Portsmouth, pleaded guilty to the same charges earlier this week.

The two were members of the Bounty Hunter Bloods gang, according to a press release from Norfolk federal court.

According to court documents, Evans, Foster and several co-defendants arranged to drive to a home in Chesapeake on June 12, 2007, to commit a home invasion robbery. Several weeks earlier, one of the co-defendants visited the victimís home to inquire about renting it. During a tour of the home, the man noticed a safe in the master bedroom.

He then relayed this information to his fellow gang members, and the group made the plan to commit the robbery.

When the men arrived at the residence, they forced their way inside after the victim answered the door and demanded money at gunpoint. The men beat the victim with the gun, and the victimís screams were heard by neighbors.

The group fled the scene, but in their haste dropped the firearm in the victimís front yard.

The case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the Portsmouth and Suffolk police departments and the Virginia State Police.

Both men will be sentenced in August, and face a maximum penalty of life in prison.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Don't open the door!
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Life sound more than 'fair' to me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Life sound more than 'fair' to me.
    I agree with this, two more dirtbags off the streets!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Could be life in prison. We'll see. DaveH, please keep us posted. I would really like to see what kind of sentence they get for this.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Good for them. A warning to all would be spineless gang members.

Links