No Honor amound DBags - Texas: Officer, citizen fire at man who allegedly tried to ru

No Honor amound DBags - Texas: Officer, citizen fire at man who allegedly tried to ru

This is a discussion on No Honor amound DBags - Texas: Officer, citizen fire at man who allegedly tried to ru within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Texas: Officer, citizen fire at man who allegedly tried to run over officer Officer, citizen fire at man who allegedly tried to run over officer ...

Thread: No Honor amound DBags - Texas: Officer, citizen fire at man who allegedly tried to ru

Texas: Officer, citizen fire at man who allegedly tried to run over officer

Officer, citizen fire at man who allegedly tried to run over officer | Dallas - Fort Worth News | wfaa.com | Crime

ORT WORTH - Police in Fort Worth are looking for a man who they said tried to run over a police officer overnight in the 2400 block of North Main Street in the heart of the Stockyards .

The officer approached two men in a car, which is when the driver allegedly tried to run over the officer. The officer fired shots at the car, hitting the passenger. A citizen also opened fire on the car.

The passenger was pushed out of the car and arrested, but the driver is still on the loose.

The officer was not injured.
    The Passenger was PUSHED OUT?! haha...way to help your buddy out...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Where did the citizen come from...and why did this person insert them self in to the situation?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Indeed... Strange story on many levels.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Media reporting and research on stories is horrendous these days. I wouldn't be surprised if this citizen turns out to be an off duty officer or the car was driving at the citizen as well.

The Stockyards are a fairly safe place to be now a days.
    Almost everybody that goes there have CHL's and are willing to get involved.
    It's legal to use your firearm in Texas to protect an Officer in Mortal Danger.

I seriously doubt the Citizen will have any problems from the DA's Office. Heck, they may replace his bullits for him. I have Friends in the DA's Office and they are great people.

I wish the CHL holders could open carry in Texas. Maybe Bad Guys would get the message they need to find a safer state to work.

I have a really nice Western Holter Rig I'd like to wear someplace other than on my Ranch.

God Bless Texas. We do it right!

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Where did the citizen come from...and why did this person insert them self in to the situation?

- Janq
    quote by Curt58

Don't ya just love Texas?

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    quote by Curt58

Don't ya just love Texas?

Yes, they seem to have a lot of things right.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Moreover, private citizens are not constrained by Garner-v.-TN, the Supreme Court decision that limits police from shooting at fleeing felons. In this regard, a private citizen has more freedom than police, in Texas, to use deadly force. If the citizen can convince investigators, and a grand jury, if applicable, that his actions were reasonable, then he is legally in the clear, from a criminal law point of view.

To be clear, I am not advocating using deadly force against fleeing suspects! There is a laundry list of things to keep in mind when doing so, not the least of which is to be very accurate, so as to eliminate collateral damage/injury.

I'd still like to hear how it happened. If I was the officer and someone behind me started firing I would have aiming confusion...
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

Quote Originally Posted by Passin' Through View Post
    I'd still like to hear how it happened. If I was the officer and someone behind me started firing I would have aiming confusion...
    I will try to give as accurate a report as I can:

Officer dispatched to the stockyards on report of car occupants using dope. (This is the part that I don't know the order of) Officer was out of his car and the Mercedes was coming at him. He opened fire at the occupants and automobile. CCW, fearing for the officer's life, then opened fire on car/occupants as well. Passenger was hit in the arm and got out of car (not sure how) at a convenience store.

The spokesman said, "The citizen, fearing for the officer's life, opened fire on the car". This is what was on the local news radio.

Here is a link to the local news paper: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/05...ort-worth.html

Just so there is not a lot of heresay on this; in Texas we can come to the assistance of someone who is or about to experience murder, rape or kidnapping with repercussions.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links