These Kinds Of Things Don't Happen Around Here!!

This is a discussion on These Kinds Of Things Don't Happen Around Here!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Two news stories from our local paper today. The first sounds like it's drug related (surprise).............. Man faces murder charge in aftermath of Nanaimo gun ...

Thread: These Kinds Of Things Don't Happen Around Here!!

VIP Member

Exclamation These Kinds Of Things Don't Happen Around Here!!

Two news stories from our local paper today.

The first sounds like it's drug related (surprise)..............

Man faces murder charge in aftermath of Nanaimo gun battle

Nanaimo is about an hour north of my town.

The second is a follow up on a story I had previously posted about an 18 year old girl who was murdered, then her body set on fire. This happened only a couple of miles from my residence.................

RCMP say murder of Kimberly Proctor a targeted killing

These kinds of things didn't happen here on quiet Vancouver Island when I was growing up.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

Gunny,

It's probably a multi-national sort of thing. Crime doesn't respect any boundaries or so I hear.

Governments, however, believe that if you make it dang near impossible for the law abiding to own a firearm for self-defense, that crime will magically "disappear."

It's pretty much akin to de-clawing a cat.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Partner, I read your post and then took a ride out and looked at the pastures and thought about it (really I did w/a cheap beer in a can, in hand). With limited experience, I agree that no (and what if I didn't?), this doesn't happen in your area normally. And I'm sorry that it is. I don't have an understanding of your restrictions re., SD but I do understand there are definite limitations. Steel the home and remember, as a baseball player and/or coach, there's always a legitimate reason for that aluminum bat in your hand/car. A short one....for T ball.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

These types of crimes can happen anywhere. It just hits home when it happens close to where you are.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    These kinds of things didn't happen around here!

The most common sound bite from bystanders EVERWHERE as they stand outside the yellow tape gawking at the police & medic activity /aftermath at a crime scene at the house next door, or down the street.

"But he seemed like such a nice person". These statments are uttered constantly on the evening news.

Folks, it happens everywhere, the best of places, even gated communities, everywhere!
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Links