BAD: Pardon the pun, but this is why we don't jump the gun.

This is a discussion on BAD: Pardon the pun, but this is why we don't jump the gun. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; College student recants story of abduction, rape ...or go looking for those alleged assumed accused unknown criminal men and their friends, or attack, until we ...

Thread: BAD: Pardon the pun, but this is why we don't jump the gun.

BAD: Pardon the pun, but this is why we don't jump the gun.

College student recants story of abduction, rape

...or go looking for those alleged assumed accused unknown criminal men and their friends, or attack, until we have some facts.

2. Remove Ads

3D

No country for "hotheads"!

Thanks for taking the time to post this ColdWarrior. It's a good reminder for me to remain rational long enough to get the facts of any "event".
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    College student recants story of abduction, rape

...or go looking for those alleged assumed accused unknown criminal men and their friends, or attack, until we have some facts.
    I'm not gonna go out looking for anybody,that's the Police Departments job,Now if I walk upon what is clearly a forcible rape,I will take action to stop the event and notify authorities.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Rookie cops, soldiers and security guards soon learn, if not by being burned, to be slow and cynical and suspicious, not jumping to conclusions despite appearances and looks and clothes and confusion. In South Carolina, Susan Smith blamed black men, while she drowned her two little sons, so she could have some single-woman fun. Al Sharpton had the mob ready to lynch and shoot police officers, in New York, during that disgraceful infamous Tawana Brawley case. It is tempting and sort of sensible for civilians to want to stop or shoot criminals, with or without the cops being involved, to keep them from hurting anyone else, should you let them go or let them escape to do it again and again and again, with their criminal friends. The Ayoob Files do not make me smile.

Links