Arrest in case of elderly woman was severely beaten

This is a discussion on Arrest in case of elderly woman was severely beaten within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Louisa Virginia Fredericksburg.com - Man, 19, charged in home invasion Man, 19, charged in home invasion Three charged in connection to a Louisa home invasion ...

Thread: Arrest in case of elderly woman was severely beaten

VIP Member

Arrest in case of elderly woman was severely beaten

Louisa Virginia

Fredericksburg.com - Man, 19, charged in home invasion

Man, 19, charged in home invasion
    Three charged in connection to a Louisa home invasion where an elderly woman was severely beaten

Date published: 5/29/2010
    BY PORTSIA SMITH
    A 19-year-old Louisa man has been charged in connection with a home invasion where an elderly woman was severely beaten.
    Remone Jilantai Houchens is charged with malicious wounding and breaking and entering, said Maj. Donald Lowe of the Louisa County Sheriff's Office.
    Lowe said DNA evidence linked Houchens to the crime and he was arrested at his apartment Thursday night. He is being held without bond at Central Virginia Regional Jail.
    His brother, 22-year-old Rontray L. Houchens, was charged during the investigation with three counts of drug distribution and obstruction of justice.
    An aunt, Linda Houchens, 47, was also charged with obstruction of justice for knowingly making a false statement to police.
    Lowe said 87-year-old Lois Rosson woke up in the middle of the night last Saturday after hearing a loud noise.
    She told police that a man she didn't know attacked and threatened her before stealing a loaded handgun from the home. She was able to call 911.
    Rosson suffered several broken bones in her face and may lose vision in her left eye due to the attack. She was released from U.Va. Medical Center on Wednesday.
    Lowe wouldn't confirm if the attack was part of a gang initiation, but did say that the younger Houchens does have gang ties.
    "This case isn't over with, by far," Lowe said
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

This abolished punishment from 19th Century England would be fitting for this crime.IMHO

"Typically, the condemned would be disembowelled and emasculated, the severed genitalia and entrails being burned in front of the victim on a nearby pyre, before the final, fatal beheading, after which the resulting five parts (i.e., the four quarters of the body and the head) were gibbeted (put on public display) in different parts of the city, town, or, in famous cases, in the country, to deter would-be traitors who had not seen the execution. After 1814, the convict would be hanged until dead and the mutilation would be performed post-mortem. Gibbeting was later abolished in England in 1843, while drawing and quartering was abolished in 1870."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    ^^^^^^^I'll go with this!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This abolished punishment from 19th Century England would be fitting for this crime.IMHO

"Typically, the condemned would be disembowelled and emasculated, the severed genitalia and entrails being burned in front of the victim on a nearby pyre, before the final, fatal beheading, after which the resulting five parts (i.e., the four quarters of the body and the head) were gibbeted (put on public display) in different parts of the city, town, or, in famous cases, in the country, to deter would-be traitors who had not seen the execution. After 1814, the convict would be hanged until dead and the mutilation would be performed post-mortem. Gibbeting was later abolished in England in 1843, while drawing and quartering was abolished in 1870."
    That quote skipped the hanging step.

My sources read:

The full sentence passed upon those convicted of High Treason up to 1870 was as follows : “That you be drawn on a hurdle to the place of execution where you shall be hanged by the neck and being alive cut down, your privy members shall be cut off and your bowels taken out and burned before you, your head severed from your body and your body divided into four quarters to be disposed of at the King’s pleasure.”
    BTW -- I won't describe it here [forum rules] but the "Art of Impalement" used in other times and places could last for days and might be a better option.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    That quote skipped the hanging step.

My sources read:

BTW -- I won't describe it here [forum rules] but the "Art of Impalement" used in other times and places could last for days and might be a better option.
    I would have included it, but I didn't want to seem 'harsh'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    These young men better hope the 87 year old doesn't die from her injuries.

Maybe, since we need to be creative about punishment here, they could be delivered to an MA class for practical practice. There are a few shoulder dislocations and arm breaks which might be tried out before delivering them to them for the green needle.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I don't care how or what they do to this POS as long as they just do it. Let me add to this as long as it's long and he doesn't get out for years and years.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

3D
    The most enraging thing about this for me is what happened to that 87 year-old woman. The next most enraging thing is that I (and probably you too) know this 19 year-old is going to walk real soon . . . . and do it some more! Although I enjoy the fantasies about inflicting "fitting" punishment, I'm very concerned about what's missing with us as a society that allows us to accept these perps facing no "fitting" consequence for their actions.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

VIP Member

A bit more coverage...

with links to a bit more.

Central Virginian

Arrest made in Louisa home invasion beating
    staff

Charges filed against Remone Houchens, brother of former Lion football standout Rontray Houchens, who is facing his own legal troubles, in addition to a charge in this case. Click here for more Central Virginian

His family has endured immeasurable pain this week. But at a Friday afternoon press conference to announce a major arrest, Monty Rosson offered words of healing.

“The community of Louisa is like one big family,” the son of 87-year-old beating victim Lois Rosson told assembled media and officials. “And the family has come together in this instance.”

Louisa resident Remone Jilantai Houchens, 19, has been charged with the May 22 home invasion and beating that stunned Louisa. Authorities allege that DNA evidence found at the scene on Elm Avenue ties Houchens to the crime.

Louisa County Sheriff's Office Major Donald A. Lowe praised the group effort that led to the arrest, from investigators and deputies who worked around the clock, to the family members of the victim, to a number of law enforcement agencies.
    "Through the efforts of the commonwealth’s attorney’s office and the Viginia Forensics lab, we were able to get DNA testing done very quickly," Lowe said, "quicker than I’ve ever seen.”

Lowe stopped short of connecting Remone Houchens or the home invasion to gang activity. But he characterized the attack as "a punk way of doing business."

Houchens has been charged with malicious wounding and entering a house to commit a felony. He is expected back in Louisa General District Court on Tuesday, June 1.

According to police reports, in the early morning hours of May 22, 87-year-old town of Louisa resident Lois Rosson was awoken by a noise and then attacked in her bedroom by an intruder, suffering broken facial bones. The suspect threatened further violence before stealing one handgun from the home, authorities said.

In a statement establishing a reward of $4,000, the Rosson family said that the matriarch was "brutally" beaten and left "in a pool of blood to die."

That reward soon climbed to $10,000, with contributions made by the Crimesolvers, the county of Louisa and the town of Louisa.

"It was such a brutal crime," said town council member Bud Dulaney. "We felt it was important to do what we could to assist the sheriff's office and police department in their investigation."

Rosson was released from the UVA Medical Center on Wednesday, as the Louisa County Sheriff's Office was closing in on Houchens. Monty Rosson confirmed on Friday that Lois Rosson has permanently lost sight in her left eye. Houchens was arrested after 7 p.m. on Thursday night.

In 2008, Houchens was convicted of carrying a concealed weapon and sentenced to 90 days of suspended jail time. In 2009, he was convicted of obstruction of justice and sentenced to 30 days in jail, again with all time suspended. Houchens is awaiting trials later this year on charges of possession of marijuana and non-compliance with terms of probation.

The LCSO has also arrested Rontray Houchens and Linda Houchens on charges of obstruction of justice related to the arrest of Remone.

For more on Rontray Houchens's charges, visit Central Virginian.
    BTW -- An associate of mine posted on another list "These creeps have been in our store on numerous occasions. And people think that we live in a "safe" neighborhood!"
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Houchens is awaiting trials later this year on charges of possession of marijuana and non-compliance with terms of probation.

Trial for
    non-compliance with terms of probation, my butt.
    Here they throw the scumbag in jail for violating probation, no trial required.

Links