Healing: WI Deputy killed 6 teens in this house, now it's gone

This is a discussion on Healing: WI Deputy killed 6 teens in this house, now it's gone within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; VIDEO Community buys house to tear it down. Erasing memories and stains. Seems good although I can't help but thinking of 'blame the gun' mentality....

Thread: Healing: WI Deputy killed 6 teens in this house, now it's gone

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Healing: WI Deputy killed 6 teens in this house, now it's gone

VIDEO

Community buys house to tear it down. Erasing memories and stains. Seems good although I can't help but thinking of 'blame the gun' mentality.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

If they wanta waste their money so they can cope with a horrific crime go ahead,but It's gonna take more than tearing down a house
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If they wanta waste their money so they can cope with a horrific crime go ahead,but It's gonna take more than tearing down a house
    I agree. They ought to have left an unsaleable house sitting there, decaying for a few years until an arsonist decided to burn it down.

The money wasn't wasted, it just wasn't efficacious in the manner that was expected. On the other hand, the sentimentality was a bit over the top, particularly for someone with as little tolerance for sentimentality as I.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    If they were going to waste money on a house just to take it down, they could of just gave me the money so I can live in another house. Just saying.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I have NO Problem with what they did.
    They actually paid the owner fair market value and erased the memories that it held inside.

Now if they had wanted the owner to suffer a financial loss because of the deaths he had nothing to do with, I would have had a problem with it.

If one of my children had been one of the victims, I would have felt the same way.

I probably would have wanted to burn it down though!

Sounds like they don't want to be reminded. Tearing down the house won't do it. Seems like they wanted to direct their anger and directed it at the house.

There are several houses here where victims of a serial killer lived. Now, his house was bought and torn down, but not the victim's houses. I'm not sure I would want to live in one of them knowing what happened there, but people today do live in them.

Links