So your-dishonor- from-Chicago...

This is a discussion on So your-dishonor- from-Chicago... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; tell me how effective the City's gun-control-program is [w/o an assault this time please]. http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...shootings.html At least 21 wounded in separate shootings, 1 dead May ...

Thread: So your-dishonor- from-Chicago...

VIP Member

So your-dishonor- from-Chicago...

tell me how effective the City's gun-control-program is [w/o an assault this time please].

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...shootings.html

At least 21 wounded in separate shootings, 1 dead

May 30, 2010 10:20 AM | 15 Comments | UPDATED STORY
    At least 21 people were wounded in separate shootings around the city, including a man who died this morning after he was shot in the head, Chicago police said.

One of the shootings happened about 3 p.m. in the 6200 block of South Cottage Grove in the Woodlawn neighborhood. A 56-year-old man was standing on the corner when a passing car fired in his direction, said Police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak. He fell to the ground in pain and discovered he was shot in his calf, Kubiak said. He was taken to an area hospital and listed in good condition.

About 8:10 p.m. in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue in the Logan Square neighborhood, a 47-year-old man was shot in his arm. Police said the shooting might have been a drive-by. The victim was taken to Norwegian-American Hospital and is now listed in good condition.

In another shooting, which happened roughly 20 minutes earlier in the Ashburn neighborhood, a man, 19, was wounded in the leg in the 3900 block of West 79th Street outside Bogan Computer Technical High School. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn and is now listed in critical condition. The victim has gang-affiliation and was not being cooperative in the police investigation, Kubiak said.

A little earlier, about 7:30 p.m., a 17-year-old boy was standing on the sidewalk on the 7400 block of South Evans Avenue when he heard shots and felt pain. He was hospitalized with a gunshot wound to the upper right side.

Two people were shot at about 6:45 p.m. in the 8400 block of South Muskegon Avenue, but both told conflicting stories, said Kubiak.

An 18-year-old gang- affiliated man suffered a graze wound but refused treatment. He said he was walking in the 8400 block of South Escanaba Avenue when a suspect walked up and shot him, police said. The other victim, 19, told a different story. He said he was driving when someone pulled up and began shouting gang slogans and shot into his car, police said. He drove himself to Advocate Trinity Hospital where he was treated and released.

Police could not locate either victims for interviews after the shootings, Kubiak said.

Earlier Saturday at about 11 a.m., a 25-year-old man was shot on the 5300 block of South Laflin Street. He was wounded in the arm and hospitalized.Police said the Laflin shooting appeared to be gang-related, but witnesses were giving conflicting accounts of the event.

Nearby that shooting, a 19-year-old man was shot in the head at about 12:28 a.m. today in the 5100 block of South Laflin Street, police said. He was pronounced dead at 1:10 a.m., said Police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro.

About two minutes later, a 28-year-old man was shot in the Roseland neighborhood in the 10500 block of South Corliss Avenue, police said. He was taken to Roseland Community Hospital with a gunshot wound to his right calf and was described as in "stable" condition.

At the same time on the Southeast Side, three more people were shot as the sat on a porch in the 9200 block of South Blackstone Avenue, said police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak. One victim, a 25-year-old man was taken in critical condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn. An 18-year-old man was taken in "stable" condition to Advocate Trinity Hospital. Another victim, 27, was treated and released from Trinity with a graze wound to his arm, police said. The 18-year-old and 27-year-old have gang affiliations, Kubiak said.

About 15 minutes later, a 16-year-old boy was shot in the 1500 block of East 67th Street. He was taken in critical condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital with a gunshot wound to his arm.

On the West Side at about 12:15 a.m., two people were shot in the 3900 block of West Gladys Avenue, police said. A 24-year-old man was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in stable condition with a graze wound to his head. A 19-year-old woman also was taken to the same hospital. She was listed in stable condition with a gunshot wound to her neck.

About 2 a.m. in the 10800 block of South Racine Avenue, two people were shot while they sat in a parked vehicle, police said.

One victim, a 43-year-old man, was shot in the chest and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center where he is now listed in critical condition. The other victim, 22, was shot in the shoulder and is listed in stable condition at Roseland Community Hospital. Police said the 22-year-old is gang affiliated.

Both men were shot by a passenger of a gold-colored 4-door car, police said.

Four people were shot at about 3:15 a.m. in the 9100 block of South Marshfield Avenue, said Police News Affairs Officer Ron Gaines. The four vctims were taken to area hospitals, he said. There was no immediate information available about their ages or conditions.

No one is in custody for any of the shootings. Calumet Area, Harrison Area and Wentworth Area detectives are investigating.

-- Deanese Williams-Harris
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

WOW!! That's alot of shooting going on. Glad they got the gun control working Sure is alot of Gang Bangers getting popped & alot of BS conflicting story telling.
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member
    Just another weekend in Chicago. A lot for one day. And the record there is more than anecdotal evidence. For an honest, concerned citizen (excluding corrupt politicians and sheep); are gun laws still even on the agenda?
    They should all be repealed. The government can police its own. But domestic tranquility is not secured by limiting 2A. Let businesses post and private organizations choose.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

It's obvious to me that the city has failed to put enough signs in enough places...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's obvious to me that the city has failed to put enough signs in enough places...
    I have a suggestion on where they could put one of those signs...
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Careful, there. Don't do it. There are form rules - thankfully.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Even reversing the anti-gun laws in Chicago, I believe, would be too little, too late now. Arming law-abiding citizens at this point would probably lead to more senseless shootings. The police, national guard and perhaps the marines need to sweep the city and round-up all the known gang-bangers, thugs, illegals, fugitives and people named Daley and run them out of town on a rail.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Let businesses post and private organizations choose.
    ... at their own risk, I should say.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    Even reversing the anti-gun laws in Chicago, I believe, would be too little, too late now. Arming law-abiding citizens at this point would probably lead to more senseless shootings.
    Are you saying that carrying a handgun turns law-abiding citizens into senseless shooters?

The police, national guard and perhaps the marines need to sweep the city and round-up all the known gang-bangers, thugs, illegals, fugitives and people named Daley and run them out of town on a rail.
    They can do that?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Sounds like a war zone. Citizens definitely need the ability to fend for themselves...anything less is ridiculous. If most of these are gang related shootings, arming the citizens probably won't decrease that element of the numbers. But it will help the innocent folks trying to survive.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I guess it did sound like I said that, but let me explain. We now have a whole lot of upset citizens in Chi Town who would probably run right out and buy as many guns as they could afford if the gun ban was suddenly reversed. Not everyone should own a gun any more than not everyone should drive a car or sing in the shower. I believe everyone should have the right to own a firearm, but before we begin reading news items about vigilante justice and accidental shootings cooler heads should prevail. After all, there is no requirement to have any training to purchase a firearm to keep at home and at this time no CC law in IL. that would preclude some sort of training. Work with me here, I'm just trying to get my foot out of my mouth.

I guess it did sound like I said that, but let me explain. We now have a whole lot of upset citizens in Chi Town who would probably run right out and buy as many guns as they could afford if the gun ban was suddenly reversed. Not everyone should own a gun any more than not everyone should drive a car or sing in the shower. I believe everyone should have the right to own a firearm, but before we begin reading news items about vigilante justice and accidental shootings cooler heads should prevail. After all, there is no requirement to have any training to purchase a firearm to keep at home and at this time no CC law in IL. that would preclude some sort of training. Work with me here, I'm just trying to get my foot out of my mouth.
    LOL....your last statement pretty much summed up your post....as you contradict yourself in the highlighted sections.

Owning a firearm is a RIGHT...driving a car (debate in another thread) IS NOT A RIGHT...

Training should be mandated....NOT required....but IL needs to get out of the stone ages with concealed carry (or open carry for that matter). Their laws are horrible (I am still an IL resident--for pay purposes)...I will never go back there to visit...and their "gun control" laws have been proven to NOT work...they need more criminal control....and that means locking up Daley and his circle of criminals.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member
    So, Chicagoans' gun rights have been oppressed so long that the people there are not ready for freedom, a la 2A and can't be trusted with it?
    If your geezer enough, you may recall that's a lot like one of the arguments proponents of Jim Crow laws used to continue to subjugate sons of former slaves.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I think Daley already identified the orifice but chose the wrong probe.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

TOF
    Even reversing the anti-gun laws in Chicago, I believe, would be too little, too late now. Arming law-abiding citizens at this point would probably lead to more senseless shootings. The police, national guard and perhaps the marines need to sweep the city and round-up all the known gang-bangers, thugs, illegals, fugitives and people named Daley and run them out of town on a rail.
    Keep them in Chicago we have enough already in our respective locations.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Links