Woman saves daughter from rape.

This is a discussion on Woman saves daughter from rape. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Cape Girardeau mother used gun against man suspected of trying to rape her daughter Wednesday, June 2, 2010 By Erin Hevern ~ Southeast Missourian (Photo) ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman saves daughter from rape.

Woman saves daughter from rape.

Cape Girardeau mother used gun against man suspected of trying to rape her daughter
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010
    By Erin Hevern ~ Southeast Missourian
    (Photo)
    Craig Kizer
    The man who Cape Girardeau police say attempted to rape a teenager was forced out of her Minnesota Avenue home at gunpoint by the victim's mother, according to a probable-cause affidavit filed in the case.

Craig Kizer, 51, who has no known address, was arrested shortly after the incident that occurred around 5:30 a.m. Sunday. The woman who alerted police said she was attacked by a 180-pound man carrying a knife while she was sleeping in bed. Kizer is charged with attempted forcible rape, armed criminal action and burglary, all felonies. He's also charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

According to the teenager's mother, Kizer had been working on their home while it was being renovated. Because he was often in the home, Kizer would have had knowledge of the floor plan and known everyone who lived there, the homeowner told police.

The teenager told Cape Girardeau police officer Jason Jurgens that the man who entered the home came into her room with a knife and climbed on top of her. Kizer got distracted, she said, because he set the knife down on the bed. Once she was able to grab the knife, she said, she screamed and her mother came in the room carrying a handgun.

According to Jurgens' affidavit, the mother pointed the gun at man and yelled at him to get out. The man put his hands up and said he was leaving, the mother said.

Once Kizer was found at Montgomery and Albert streets, officers drove him back to the Minnesota Avenue home, where the mother and daughter identified him as the man who broke into their home.

Kizer has no prior convictions in Missouri, according to Casenet, and is scheduled to appear in front of a judge Thursday for his initial arraignment.

Successful day for the armed citizen.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    To bad he wasn't identified by the knife sticking out of him, or the bullet hole(s).

Still, a good job repelling his attack and getting him off the streets.

At least, until some retarded judge releases him on a pittance bond and he absconds......
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I think she used her "cool" by not shooting, because her daughter was in close proximity. I agree he would have looked better with a few holes. He may walk the streets again and we can hope for a more "open" shot next time.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    They let him walk away? I understand not shooting the "man", but hold him at gunpoint until the police arive.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Turned out okay, thank God.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

How would you stop him if he is walking away? Shoot him. Then you have another set of problems...shooting him in the back.
    She got him away from her daughter and out of the area.
    They caught him....he will go to trial. Let's just hope actual justice is done.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

This guy should have been shot, but the mother did accomplish what she was trying to do, she saved her daughter. I do believe if he had not removed himself from the daughter the mother would have gone to plan B for bang!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    This guy should have been shot, but the mother did accomplish what she was trying to do, she saved her daughter. I do believe if he had not removed himself from the daughter the mother would have gone to plan B for bang!
    I agree. I am sure she would have. I WOULD HAVE.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Most (if not all) states allow deadly force to prevent imminent rape.

I suppose it is better for the daughter not to whiteness such a death. The sad part here is this guy will probably be out and about in just a few years.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I agree. I am sure she would have. I WOULD HAVE.
    Yeah, and you would have ******* shot your daughter in the process. Real smart.

Mom made the right move.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silo View Post

Mom made the right move.
    +1

I hope I would be able to muster the same restraint in the given situation.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

VIP Member
    Yeah, and you would have ******* shot your daughter in the process. Real smart.

Mom made the right move.
    I think mom made the right move too but surely you do know that she could have shot him in several ways and not shot the daughter... right?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I think mom made the right move too but surely you do know that she could have shot him in several ways and not shot the daughter... right?
    Would you risk your daughter's life? Remember: bullets ricochet, even off parts of the body. No reason to risk injuring your daughter if you have other means of stopping the situation. In this case, the gun was sufficient. Also in this case, the girl having the knife was probably sufficient.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Would you risk your daughter's life? Remember: bullets ricochet, even off parts of the body. No reason to risk injuring your daughter if you have other means of stopping the situation.
    +1

Always consider the collateral.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

VIP Member
    Would you risk your daughter's life? Remember: bullets ricochet, even off parts of the body. No reason to risk injuring your daughter if you have other means of stopping the situation. In this case, the gun was sufficient. Also in this case, the girl having the knife was probably sufficient.
    Are you really serious? What, your going to stand across the room and shoot? Ricochet?

Have you never heard of contact shooting? You could raise the BGs head by his hair as you blow his hair brains and teeth all over the wall! There's a dozen ways to shoot without having the daughter in the line of fire. Yeah, just seeing the gun was sufficient... this time! You have NO guarantee he won't kill her if he is not immediately stopped.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links