Starbucks coffee made me do it

This is a discussion on Starbucks coffee made me do it within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Franklin Co. man pleads guilty to killing wife; receives 25-year sentence - Roanoke.com Franklin Co. [Virginia] man pleads guilty to killing wife; receives 25-year sentence ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks coffee made me do it

VIP Member

Thumbs down Starbucks coffee made me do it

Franklin Co. man pleads guilty to killing wife; receives 25-year sentence - Roanoke.com

Franklin Co. [Virginia] man pleads guilty to killing wife; receives 25-year sentence
    Philip Kingery of Hardy fled the state after the murder and turned himself in last summer in Missouri. His attorney said a mixture of steroid abuse and an addiction to Starbucks coffee led to Kingery's "diminished capacity."
    By Janelle Rucker | The Roanoke Times

Philip Kingery pleaded guilty today to killing his wife Rose last summer.

Rose Kingery's body was found July 17 in a barrel inside a shed near the couple's home on Coopers Cove Road in Hardy, Franklin County Commonwealth's Attorney Cliff Hapgood said.

This morning after the plea, county Circuit Court Judge William Alexander sentenced Philip Kingery to 25 years in prison for second degree murder and use of a firearm in a felony.

Kingery, 48, was originally charged with first degree murder, but the inability to prove he plotted in advance to kill his wife necessitated the lesser charge, said Hapgood.

"I apologize to all family and all friends," Kingery said when Alexander permitted him to speak. "If I could turn back the clock, I would."

In addition to the sentence, Alexander directed Kingery to have no contact with his adult daughter, Ashleigh Kester.

Rose Kingery was shot twice, but was not mutilated or tortured, Hapgood said.

Philip Kingery fled the state after the murder and turned himself in July 25 in Fenton, Mo.

His attorney, Tony Anderson, said a mixture of steroid abuse and an addiction to Starbucks coffee led to Kingery's "diminished capacity" at the time of the murder.
    Also what's with the not "plotted in advance"???

Why not the full 40 years?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Just a different flavor of the Flip Wilson Syndrome. "The Devil made me do it."

Well, 25 & 48 = 73, I'd say what he has left after that won't be all that great!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Well, 25 & 48 = 73, I'd say what he has left after that won't be all that great!
    As a 70 year old, I take exception
    Last edited by DaveH; June 2nd, 2010 at 09:43 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    His attorney said a mixture of steroid abuse and an addiction to Starbucks coffee led to Kingery's "diminished capacity."
    Right, and Video Games and Heavy Metal make kids not like Jell-o pudding.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Actually, this is the Twinkie defense. Twinkie defense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's hope he get's to serve it all until he's 73.
    Coming out of prison at that age with no skill and a record will make his life very hard. If he's lucky he can wash dishes until he finds a weapon for some quick cash and back to three hots and a cot.
    May as well put him down if it's a sure thing he did it.
    Wether he plotted this murder for long is irrelivant to me.

And this is one reason I don't do Starbuck!

Starbucks is Evil!!!!

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I refuse to go to Starbucks before 0500.
    Then not more that another 5-6 times a day.

"His attorney, Tony Anderson, said a mixture of steroid abuse and an addiction to Starbucks coffee led to Kingery's "diminished capacity" at the time of the murder."

Nope, not at all his OWN fault. If he pointed a gun at his wife AND pulled the trigger TWICE (that we know of)......that sounds an awful lot like 'premediated' to me. (I've even heard some refer to that as a CLUE!)

Hope he ...........well, nevermind.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post

And this is one reason I don't do Starbuck!

Starbucks is Evil!!!!
    Hey!

Starbucks isn't Posted as a " Safety Zone for Criminal."

Give'm a break.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    As a 70 year old, I take exception

Quick Dave! Run to the light!
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Phil was my boss

He was horrible, as this was happening I found these "articles" written by him. Looks premeditated to me.

Articles written by Philip Kingery - Helium

I emailed the local news and informed the police. They both laughed and the police questioned me but didn't seem to care about this evidence.

VIP Member
    I guess I'll never be able to use that excuse. Not only do I not use steroids. I wouldn't pay half the price for the crap they call coffee at Starbucks!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrThrasher View Post
    He was horrible, as this was happening I found these "articles" written by him. Looks premeditated to me.

Articles written by Philip Kingery - Helium

I emailed the local news and informed the police. They both laughed and the police questioned me but didn't seem to care about this evidence.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing your insight.

The courts seem to be going more and more to the defendants side of the scale and justice has that blindfold on real tight lately.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

where's the TWINKYS (tm) ???....steroids and caffiene...around here you want to get on the news, ya get a couple or 4 friends and OC at starbucks, offer to get the LEO's a latte when they show up....to hell with the TV news crews.. is that June 2010 ? you say they want thier thread back ?? Really ??...what a hoot..mutt actually had a blog about his victim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links