Ok...Time to fess up...who did it?

This is a discussion on Ok...Time to fess up...who did it? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Seriously though...this is ridiculous! If you're going to take on the responsibility of carrying, don't leave it under a HOTEL PILLOW when you leave! Family ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seriously though...this is ridiculous! If you're going to take on the responsibility of carrying, don't leave it under a HOTEL PILLOW when you leave!

Family finds loaded 40-calibur gun under pillow at motel in Sugar Land | abc13.com
    Family finds gun under pillow at motel
    Tuesday, June 08, 2010
    Christine Dobbyn

SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- A family staying at a Sugar Land motel got something unexpected at check in; grandma found a gun under a pillow.

It happened at the Drury Inn on Southwest Freeway near Sugar Creek Boulevard. Family members are very upset about the discovery, some are even emotional, as they can't help but think about what could have happened.

Brandy Frugia says everyone was settling in after checking in to the hotel, including their five- and nine-year-old daughters.

"Playing in the room, jumping on the beds like kids would do," Frugia said.

Just inches from the girls jumping around and playing with their games was a discovery that changed the tone of their stay.

"A gun was hidden in the bed. How did it get there? I need answers," Frugia said.

Brandy's mother, Laverne Perronne, was propping up her back with some pillows.

"It felt like a gun. It was cold, and I slid it out and said, 'What is that?' And it was a gun," Perronne said.

"I came into the room and there was my mom, sitting there in shock, and there was a gun," Frugia said.

Perronne can't help but get emotional remembering how her granddaughters were playing beside her just minutes before.

"It didn't, it didn't happen, it didn't happen. Thank God it didn't happen to us," Perronne said.

Sugar Land police were called to the hotel and after looking over the gun, they determined it was a loaded 40-caliber handgun.

Drury Inn Regional Manager Brian Collins said they learned the gun belongs to a previous guest who is registered as a handgun owner and when the staff went to prepare the room, it was overlooked.

He also said they're reviewing procedures with staff at that location, notified the Corporate Safety and Security Department, apologized and will compensate the family.

"Housekeeping should be more consistent in checking the rooms and the beds, and I hope nothing like this has to happen again," Frugia said.

Sugar Land police say they still have possession of the gun, but they have no reason to open a criminal investigation at this time.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

-1 for the owner
    -1 for house keeping
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Administrator
    Yeah... I really got to wonder about housekeeping. I hate hotels, and I will always pay the extra cash to stay in a nice place. I guess I'm not staying at any Drury Inns.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I'm surprised it didn't happen at a Motel 6-Gun!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yeah... I really got to wonder about housekeeping. I hate hotels, and I will always pay the extra cash to stay in a nice place. I guess I'm not staying at any Drury Inns.
    Sixto,

You might want to change your mind about Drury Inn's. They allow their guests with permit to carry concealed. Only exception would be when the alcohol is served in their lobby and in the state of Illinois. Me and my wife like the Drury very, very much.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Gross....I can't stop thinking that housekeeping did not remake the bed! That's a major negative on the hotel in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    Gross....I can't stop thinking that housekeeping did not remake the bed! That's a major negative on the hotel in my book.
    That would piss me off almost as much as the gun. If housekeeping didn't find it, it's because they didn't change the linen when the last person checked out.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Sixto,

You might want to change your mind about Drury Inn's. They allow their guests with permit to carry concealed. Only exception would be when the alcohol is served in their lobby and in the state of Illinois. Me and my wife like the Drury very, very much.
    My pistol goes stays with me and I'll have clean bed linens too. Want to share a pillow?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yep, I saw this on the news last night. The gun was left behind by an individual with a CHL.....

Who in the heck could forget their gun?

+1 on bad housekeeping!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

As an airline pilot that spends between 10 and 12 nights per month in hotel rooms of various quality levels, let me tell you that you should ALWAYS double check your room for cleanliness and safety.

Oh, the stories I could tell . . .

Wish I'd have checked into that room. I could use a forty
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    it may have been in the unused bed in the room...its not uncommon to get a room with 2 beds and only use one...i wouldnt expect housekeeping to turn the room upside down looking to see what might have been put under a pillow of a bed that was not used...

lets be practical here...some idiot left a gun in the room and somehow the hotel is gonna take the heat for it...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    lets be practical here...some idiot left a gun in the room and somehow the hotel is gonna take the heat for it...
    Hey - they can definitely do more to check their rooms. One night after a long day of flying, I luckily found a syringe and other nastiness hidden in a chair. And, it wasn't for insulin if you know what I'm saying . . .

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I wonder if the previous occupant got his piece back?

Its good the kids didnt find it first (assuming the kids do not know anything about LEAVING IT ALONE)

- 10 for the owner of the gun

-100 for housekeeping, people wonder why I ask for NEW SHEETS etc when I check into a hotel... If dont get them I LEAVE.
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links