More border trouble

This is a discussion on More border trouble within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The BP Agent(s) enforced the "Federal Castle Doctrine". Good shoot, the Agent(s) defended themselves effectively, good job. My brother is a BP Agent, I know ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More border trouble

VIP Member
    The BP Agent(s) enforced the "Federal Castle Doctrine". Good shoot, the Agent(s) defended themselves effectively, good job. My brother is a BP Agent, I know that job is a thankless one, everyone (or at least the majority [including our own Gov't]) second guesses them all the time. I'm glad they went home safe to their families at the end of their shift.

Keep up the good fight guys!
    Last edited by sigmanluke; June 10th, 2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: grammar
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I think the agent was absolutely justified. I'm surprised that with what is going on in the world that we don't treat all illegal border crossings as a potential terrorist threat and act accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie1826 View Post
    I think the agent was absolutely justified. I'm surprised that with what is going on in the world that we don't treat all illegal border crossings as a potential terrorist threat and act accordingly.
    It's not just people from Maxico and S. America crossing,they have caught people from the Middle East ,Africa and a few other places,the Coyotes don't care who they are as long as they pay the fee
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It's not just people from Maxico and S. America crossing,they have caught people from the Middle East ,Africa and a few other places,the Coyotes don't care who they are as long as they pay the fee
    Thats exactly what I was saying; we don't know who is coming across. It could be Joe Doe trying to "better his life (illegally)" or it could be bin laden, we just don't know.

I wondered why the Mexican gov't let their people cross the border and it's very simple once it dawned on me. The 11 million or so Mexicans in the country illegally send a ton of money back home which helps the Mexican economy. It's also 11 million people Calderon doesn't have to feed, find jobs for, school or provide healthcare to. The billions sent to Mexico every year are one of the few productive elements of their economy.

It' kind of ironic too, we used to call this an illegal alien problem back in the 80s when Reagan gave a bunch of them amnesty. Lib media now labels it an illegal immigrant problem which implies a desire to immgrate which I'm pretty sure the majority of them have no intention of doing although Obamacare may change that, yikes.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

I feel for the parents to some degree...however I (and most of us) were raised not to throw stuff at armed individuals without expecting the potential consequences.

Theoretically, there have been booklets printed by their government on how to cross safely (plenty of water, how to acquire ID's etc., as a humanitarian effort) to get work in the US. I have seen/read a few news commentaries on it but yet have seen one in physically in my hand. There is no doubt much of the money goes back to their families/economy, and little if none goes to our tax base for services rendered.

If they had to pay taxes for services like the majority (at the moment) of us do their pay wouldn't be so low (undercutting competition) and the burden on our economy wouldn't be so high.

This kind of stuff has been going on for a long time and unfortunately, will not end anytime soon. More static is on the horizon and most individuals that live in border states (that do not hire slave labor) will tell you that, and are armed.

Apparently, and sadly, the situation is way beyond common sense...which is a darn shame.

This has become absolutely insane. Let's do something that would really piss mexico off, and then strap it on with them. This has got to stop and the only way to do it is going to be painful.
    The whole border thing it really ******* me off!!!!!

The Mexican's want to live in the USA. It wouldn't be a problem to roll our military through Mexico, claim it as ours. Make it the 51st state, call it Gringoland. Problem solved they now live in the USA.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links