More border trouble

More border trouble

This is a discussion on More border trouble within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high - Boston.com It's sad that this boy lost his life, I feel for his family. But ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More border trouble

More border trouble

Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high - Boston.com

It's sad that this boy lost his life, I feel for his family. But he was engaged in illegal activity...

The thing that really roasts my chestnuts is the reaction from the Mexican government. They're going to do everything they can to protect migrants. How about stopping them?

We've clearly ignored the problem far too long. It's time to step it up before it gets really, really out of hand.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I hope that I don't come off to harsh here but it you attack our officers, I really don't feel bad what ever happens to you. It's too bad his family will have to go through the loss of a child, I do feel bad for them but that's as far as my sympathy goes.

Sad the kid was killed, but a rock is a lethal weapon. They used to stone people to death with no trouble at all.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Rights of migrants? What rights? Try getting a passport and entering through a checkpoint legally. It is our country's border. We have the right to protect it.

Check out what Masaad Ayoob says about the borders in AZ.
    Massad Ayoob

This border crossing bit has gotten a little out of hand. Other countries shoot on site if you try and sneak across their borders.

rant off
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I am worried the border patrol guard will end up like the two who became so famous when bush would not pardon them. Ramos and Compean I think?
    Unfortunately, the Pres of Mexico just trashed out nation while our commander in chief stood by smiling. People trying to break into the country have no rights

Another version of the story from Yahoo News, which says a lot of the same stuff, but has some different aspects of the story.

While it's very sad to hear, where was the Mexican Gov't all those times over the years when they're troops have crossed the border in to the U.S. - and even fired on US Border Agents? Honestly, I don't trust the Mexican Gov't. They don't exactly have a history of truth nor integrity, do they?
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

T.J. Bonner, president of the union representing Border Patrol agents, said rock throwing aimed at Border Patrol agents are common and capable of causing serious injury.

"It is a deadly force encounter, one that justifies the use of deadly force," Bonner said.
    No problem here. Maybe the word will spread and the illegals will stay on their side of the border.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

This happened in my home home town.
    A. Where were the mexican border guards? This is their fault to begin with.
    B. Who doesn't know that you don't throw rocks at armed men? Darwinism at work.
    C. I feel bad for him mother and the family. Imagine loosing your child because he was out being stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    It is our country's border. We have the right to protect it.

Other countries shoot on site if you try and sneak across their borders.
    That's exactly what should be done. Come in legally, through the front door. Sneak in through the back window, though, and we've every right to treat you as the intruder you are. That is the appropriate way to deal with the threat.

My suggestion: cede the last half mile strip to being a no-man's land that's lost to the cause, mine it and wire it and fill it with sensors 300ft down, and then absolutely refuse entry "over the wire". Trouble is, that's a very, very long way from San Diego to Brownsville. Over time, that half-mile will be breached in a thousand spots.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Just so you know, in a lot of places the border isn't giant. I know a lot of places it's not fenced and you can step over or the river is a few feet across and only ankle deep. This is usually in the urban areas.

I know that I consider a rock a deadly weapon.I might dodge small ones but if they get big enough and I don't have rocks I'd be forced to throw lead in self defense.
    "You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

They got in a high speed chase here with a Coyote and a car full of Illegals,car crashed and the Coyote was a 17 year old High school student,Down here they got kids running Illegals and drugs,I say don't throw rocks at people in glass houses,they got a 360 degree view and know how to shoot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    No problem here. Maybe the word will spread and the illegals will stay on their side of the border.
    Not while incomes can be 50x that of rural areas, it won't. Until it becomes nearly impossible to arrive alive and not deported, they'll keep coming.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    That's a shame for the parents. And what's worse, it is going to continue to happen until we find an effective way to manage the mexico border. (or annex the country and lay down the law)
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    This has become absolutely insane. Let's do something that would really piss mexico off, and then strap it on with them. This has got to stop and the only way to do it is going to be painful.

Who do these people think they are? What are they "entitled" to? This is our country and criminals are not welcome.

Can a U.S. citizen own property that actually ends at the U.S.-mexico border? If you can could trespassers not be dealt with under a "castle doctorin" type law?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links