Since taliban have guns and are bad here is something really bad.

This is a discussion on Since taliban have guns and are bad here is something really bad. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Found it over on Drudge Report... Here is the link: Taliban hang 7-year-old boy accused of being a spy, suicide bomber kills 40 at Afghanistan ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Found it over on Drudge Report...

Here is the link:

Taliban hang 7-year-old boy accused of being a spy, suicide bomber kills 40 at Afghanistan wedding

This made me sick to my stomach. And to think I was in Iraq 2 years ago serving and did my fair share of cleaning humanity of this filth now I feel as if I didn't even do a thing.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    You could spend and entire life in the Mideast cleaning it up.

When you left a week later, it would revert right back to the way it was before you got there.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    You could spend and entire life in the Mideast cleaning it up.

When you left a week later, it would revert right back to the way it was before you got there.
    History sure proves that. One quick glance at a history of the Middle East from ~1000 AD till present shows nothing has changed there except the technology people use to kill each other.

It just boggles the mind a bit.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Sad! Thanks for your service!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Tango, thanks for your service.

Nothing is ever going to change in that part of the workd. This is the same Taliban that Hamid Karzai wants to share power with.

Me thinks it is time for the US to leave Afghanistan. The US should arm the Predator drones with tactical nukes. When the Taliban acts up, turn the immediate area into glass.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Found it over on Drudge Report...

Here is the link:

Taliban hang 7-year-old boy accused of being a spy, suicide bomber kills 40 at Afghanistan wedding

This made me sick to my stomach. And to think I was in Iraq 2 years ago serving and did my fair share of cleaning humanity of this filth now I feel as if I didn't even do a thing.
    Ever heard the old saying...You can lead a horse to water...
    or in this case probably a camel...
    Barbarians won't stop being barbarians. That's who they are, what they do. They have the physical capability to learn and change, but refuse to do so out of both ignorance and adherence to false ideologies.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Agreed with everyone.

They haven't stopped killing each other for centuries. The Hatfields and McCoys on steroids.

Every country that has ever gone into the Middle East, end up coming home leaving it just as they found it.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Real Bad.

You can take the sheepherding camel jockey out of the desert, but you can't take the desert out of the sheepherding camel jockey.

In short, they will be killing each other over stupid crap long after we are gone. Their religious leaders play into the "poor poor pitiful me" mentality by blaming the infidel, the same as some so called religious and ethnic leaders here in the United States play into the "racist white man is keeping us down" mentality.

Biker

The problem is, the people there don't care about anything beyond their own doorstep. It all about "what's in it for me". I spent a year living with an Iraqi Army unit and a Border Enforcement unit trying to train them to take care of themselves. The only thing they ever cared about was if chow showed up on time and if their pay was right on pay day. No amount of US training or equipment will fix them. They have to decide to do it. But, their indivdual, then family, then tribe, then maybe country attitude, prevents it.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Sadly in that region of the world, they have no regard for human life. Wether it be a 7 year old boy, or a 90 year old woman.

All the effort our men and women put in over there, probably won't change a thing.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

We could occupy the place for ANOTHER 9 years and still be in the same position we're in, today.

But we'll stay there, egged on by idiots telling us we're "fightin' for freedumb", or stopping "communism", or some other BS boogeyman story.
    Why we even put Karzai in power, is ridiculous as well. Too much idiocy to even begin speaking on, on this issue.
    "We" aren't going to change the place.....

"WAR IS A RACKET...."--Major Gen. Smedley Butler
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

Correctly spoken. Precisely why I believe in NUKES - Made in America, tested in Japan and permanent results every time......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

No amount of US training or equipment will fix them. They have to decide to do it. But, their indivdual, then family, then tribe, then maybe country attitude, prevents it.

+1

Thanks for your service.

One of the problems is that a proficient military is a threat to the average Arab dictator. i spent the better part of a decade trying to train Arabs: It was like herding cats. There is a reason why Israel has wiped their butts in several wars.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    packinnova: Barbarians won't stop being barbarians. That's who they are, what they do. They have the physical capability to learn and change, but refuse to do so out of both ignorance and adherence to false ideologies.

Only a change of HEART and SOUL will fix that region..........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links