kid with toy soldiers- banned in school

This is a discussion on kid with toy soldiers- banned in school within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by cammo girl TSA would not allow me to take a small set of my dad's toy soldiers (from approx 1920's) in a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kid with toy soldiers- banned in school

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    TSA would not allow me to take a small set of my dad's toy soldiers (from approx 1920's) in a carry-on. In fact they recommended against putting them into the checked bag and suggested I mail them.

True story.
    See, it's not just some of the school administrators who are idiots, there are some government workers who are idiots, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    See, it's not just some of the school administrators who are idiots, there are some government workers who are idiots, too!
    I'm noticing a trend, here....
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    PC really is getting quite a bit suffocating... I can understand "NO toy guns" in school, or on a plane. Not the time or place. I can even understand "NO war toys" in school. It is a distraction and honestly, that sort of horse play should stay out of school, let the kids focus and pass their standardized tests. But as a patriotic decoration? Why is there no interpretation here? Is the toy soldier going to start a riot in school? IMHO, this is borderline 1st ammendment violation. Freedom of expression is being trampled on here. Were will it stop?
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    You need an IQ near zero to administer a zero tolerance policy....
    Or be a public school teacher, principal or administrator. That's not redundant, is it?

Just one more example of why we need 'school vouchers'.

This is getting way out of hand and to tell you the truth, IMO, the Dept. of Education (with the help of the politically correct progressives) have destroyed the public education system in this country.

So sad..............

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Administrator
    OMG! The next thing ya know the poor mixed-up deranged kid will be wanting to actually join the military and serve his country...And....And...He actually put an AMERICAN FLAG on that hat with the soldiers. What is WRONG with that crazy boy?
    Time for a psychological evaluation for that loony tune.

He needs to be taken away from his parents and placed into a foster home before it's too late for him to be properly indoctrinated.

I can understand the teachers point in banning the hat.

That doggone hat with those gun bearing toy soldiers on it is going cause other students to possibly think that our military needs guns in order to protect our freedoms.

We don't want our kids getting THAT insane idea.

Before ya know it they'll start believing that Police Officers need firearms also!

I still have a "CASH" of GI Joes and Star Wars action figures hidden in my parents basement that is not registered.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Which GI Joe do you have? Did you get the Jihad Joe or the special school shoot'em up edition that came with the long trenchcoat and bad report card?
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

The solution to retarded policies.... HOME SCHOOL!!!!

If my kid attended a school in which there was a "zero tolerance" policy to anything, I'd snatch him out of that school so fast his head would spin.

I've got a "zero tolerance policy" towards idiotic teachers, administrators and political correctness!

We've had a generation of left wing lunatics bring our schools to such a sad state. They can't teach them to read or do math, but they can teach them to embrace the liberal agenda! Public school system in a lot of communities are nothing more than poison to a young child's mind.

I actually laughed my ass off when Kansas City school system announced they now have to close 1/2 the schools because they bankrupted the school system. One half of all the KC public schools closed! Bravo! I love it! Now maybe the kids will stand half a chance!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

"The issue for us was, can it be done in a way that didn't violate the zero-tolerance for weapons?" he said. "Nothing was being done to limit patriotism, creativity, other than find an alternative to a weapon."

Di Pietro said the district does not allow images of weapons or drugs on clothing. For example, it would not allow a student to wear a shirt with a picture of a marijuana leaf on it.
    So guns are as bad as illegal drugs?!!! They make it sound like it might harm the children if they see and image or a toy holding a gun! OMG! One big difference, guns are not illegal, yet!

Think of the children!!! We hear the same thing if someone OCs around them! Carrying a gun, the kids might see it!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

The perfect solution. Anything you don't like, pretend that it doesn't exist, then everything will be alright.

/sigh
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

A plastic toy soldier? seriously?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    PC really is getting quite a bit suffocating... I can understand "NO toy guns" in school, or on a plane. Not the time or place. I can even understand "NO war toys" in school. It is a distraction and honestly, that sort of horse play should stay out of school, let the kids focus and pass their standardized tests. But as a patriotic decoration? Why is there no interpretation here? Is the toy soldier going to start a riot in school? IMHO, this is borderline 1st ammendment violation. Freedom of expression is being trampled on here. Were will it stop?
    Kids can't wear shirts with pictures of guns, gun company names or logos, etc. either. When I was in school, there were Ruger and S&W shirts and hats everywhere.

The marching band had a rifle team too. They twirled wooden objects shaped like guns painted white. I guess that's out the window now too.
    Last edited by BugDude; June 18th, 2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: add'l info.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I wonder if they're going to start banning history books because they have pictures or detailed descriptions of cannons or muskets?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Moderator
    This saddens me and makes me very worried about the future of this country.

If we cannot tell the difference between a plastic army man on a hat and a real gun (or atleast life size toy gun) then we are is sorry shape as a country (which we are IMO)

This reminds me of the kid getting suspended for bringing the lego man with a lego gun to school
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links